Election Night

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vote count is completely irrelevant when you lose seats. A minority government isn't the end of the world but,to everyone other than fanboys and happy clappers, it's clearly a disappointment.

I don't think they've had an awful election, but it's certainly a bit of a reality check for the SNP. Harping back to 2011 is a bit silly considering the there's been a referendum, then they romped home at the GE since. They won 80% of constituency seats last night compared to 95% at Westminster.

She came out a couple or three weeks ago. I'm sure she chose to do so publicly at that time for no particular reason.

Fair enough , to be fair it was one of the biggest damp squibs of an election build up I can remember so can't say I noticed .

Voted SNP/Green so i'm delighted with the result. A Yes majority, a large return for SNP but with the green party getting the opportunity to hold them accountable to environmental issues. The manner in which many SNP fans are spitting out the dummy on here is a bit daft.

Was a bit shocked and disgusted to see the Conservatives beat Labour to 2nd. I'm no Labour fan but with everything Cameron has put us through in the last 6 years that's just selfish bullshit. On the flip side it means the SNP can fight the Conservatives on 2 fronts now and also might wake a few left leaning No voters up to what it is they are choosing to support. 

have you polled them, as a majority said they wanted one within 5 years and two thirds within 10.its only staunch rangers types (ie bigots) that don't

You lose the argument with that guff :)

Let's just move on and have the SNP govern the country as the electorate wants. You lost the referendum. Accept it, deal with it and move on. The amount of time donated to continuing the independence debate can only be to the detriment of running the country.

You lose the argument with that guff :)

Let's just move on and have the SNP govern the country as the electorate wants. You lost the referendum. Accept it, deal with it and move on. The amount of time donated to continuing the independence debate can only be to the detriment of running the country.

As far as I can make out the only people who keep bringing independence up are the Scottish conservative party and various insecure No voters. In fact their campaign was built on a 'anti independence' ticket. 

The amount of time donated to continuing the independence debate can only be to the detriment of running the country.

Tell Ruth Davidson and Tavish Scott to stop bringing it up every time they see a microphone then.

As far as I can make out the only people who keep bringing independence up are the Scottish conservative party and various insecure No voters. In fact their campaign was built on a 'anti independence' ticket.

Then you've not been watching many SNP MSP's speak.

OK well I never knew dugdale was in a lesbian relationship

I never realised David Coburn or Mundell were in the LGBT camp either.

That's statistically mental with four of the party leaders and the Scottish Secretary. Non-LGBT people who want to get to the top in Scottish politics are clearly discriminated against. If there's going to be positive discrimination introduced anywhere, it should be here, especially in positions which have a huge influence on the running of our Christian country.

I'd better add that I'm not serious btw, calm doon.

The Christian Party must be perma-raging though.

I never realised David Coburn or Mundell were in the LGBT camp either.

That's statistically mental with four party leaders and the Scottish Secretary. Non-LGBT people who want to get to the top in Scottish politics are clearly discriminated against. If there's going to be positive discrimination introduced anywhere, it should be here, especially in positions which have a huge influence on the running of our Christian country.

I'd better add that I'm not serious btw, calm doon.

The Christian Party must be perma-raging though.

I'm sure I read Harvie is bi-sexual, so that's 5 out of 7.

More despair for the god bother ears.

For those still undecided whether to loan the Greens their list vote instead of the SNP, one point to ponder:

06qfoos.jpg

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/230078-potential-future-partybranch-office-leaders/?p=10333504

Job done!

SNP took my constituency, Ross Greer (above) won a seat, the Scottish Labour vermin destroyed (just their scum councillors to go), the Scottish Greens resurgent, the Fib Dems beaten into a humiliating fifth place in Scotland and Wales, all in all it couldn't have been sweeter.

Plus points resultant.

1. The SNP are back in charge and the Greens will keep them in check to a workable degree - preventing the "cult" tendencies they were in danger of slipping into where problems were airbrushed & allowing the nonsense in places like Bellshill & Coatbridge to happen as a result.

2. The Tories can no longer hide behind not being the Opposition up here, so they will be far easier hung out to dry for their brutal policies and that of their masters down south. There's been a tendency for Scottish voters to forget "cuddly Ruth" is part and parcel of the same monstrous regiment running the entire country in Westminster.

3. Holyrood has a strong Whopping Thundercunt.

Well pleased with that tbh.

SNP increasing their vote by more than 200k :D

First party, in Scotland, to do 3 in a row :)

Labour pumped 😂

Lid Dems pumped 😂

Cameron's party as the official opposition 😂

No UKIP.

Green breakthrough, headed by the magnificent Patrick Harvick ðŸ‘

And still a pro indy majority.

It can't really get better than that imo

Disappointing that Shetland and Orkney so big majorities for the lib dems especially after the liar carmichael saga, but they still believe in god up there so they will take time to catch up with the rest of the country politically.

Disappointing that Shetland and Orkney so big majorities for the lib dems especially after the liar carmichael saga, but they still believe in god up there so they will take time to catch up with the rest of the country politically.

If only that daft tit God had included "thou shalt not lie" on his rule book, things might have been different. He really dropped the ball on that one.

Archived