Summer Transfer Window

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Cairney has signed for Ayr United.

Love this bit from the press release, subtly missing out one of his other clubs.

Cairney, 28, was a huge player for Stranraer as they lost out on penalties in the play off final. His previous clubs include Queens Park, Partick Thistle and Hibernian.

Love this bit from the press release, subtly missing out one of his other clubs.

Cairney, 28, was a huge player for Stranraer as they lost out on penalties in the play off final. His previous clubs include Queens Park, Partick Thistle and Hibernian.

A spell that neither he nor us want to remember.

Quite surprised by that. I thought he looked like Falkirk's weak link over the playoff games.

I suppose having that sort of experience around the dressing room isn't such a bad thing.

I think the sheer number of games he played was his downfall. He signed the contract last season even though he knew he'd be a sub at best. The long term injuries to Grant and Mcgrandles meant he had to be played.

He'll be fine as a sub this forthcoming season.

Most of his work will be in the dressing room.

After a rather fantastic season BRE has earned a chance at this level, Fordyce looked a better CB pre injury so I'll wait and see.

New to this site so I look forward to witty replies from the house comedians.

Genuine question to comments I keep seeing like this - You are joking eh???

Been to a lot of games this season and how he has made this team of the year is totally beyond me.

New to this site so I look forward to witty replies from the house comedians.

Genuine question to comments I keep seeing like this - You are joking eh???

Been to a lot of games this season and how he has made this team of the year is totally beyond me.

From the new year game against Cowden to wrapping up the league against Brechin we let in 4 goals from open play, two of which were BRE's fault. Tightest defence in the country plus he was at the start of many of our counter-attacking goals. Cruised through games whilst having to babysit Brad McKay and keep him from getting sent off for spitting the dummy. You can fault him for not being sharp or aggressive enough at set pieces but it sounds like Ashcroft is a more traditional centre half.

From the new year game against Cowden to wrapping up the league against Brechin we let in 4 goals from open play, two of which were BRE's fault. Tightest defence in the country plus he was at the start of many of our counter-attacking goals. Cruised through games whilst having to babysit Brad McKay and keep him from getting sent off for spitting the dummy. You can fault him for not being sharp or aggressive enough at set pieces but it sounds like Ashcroft is a more traditional centre half.

Agreed the defence has been tight as a unit, but hardly challenged. I'm certainly not saying McKay is the first name on the teamsheet, but the strikers in the championship will be licking their lips with him.

Balls over his head, doesn't read the game or win enough in the air and gets turned inside out in League 1. For someone who's job is to kick a football he makes it look incredibly awkward. 6ft4 odd, built like a tank and goes missing in 50/50s. Game at Dingwall an example, went off with a mysterious injury as he clearly didn't fancy it against their striker - who played like an old fashioned number 9. Geggan dropped back, read everything, absolutely bossed the defence and played out from the back.

In fairness I have seen him have better games - it seems to be when he is under instruction to just blooter the ball when it lands at his feet. I'll take your word on being involved in counter attacks - I guess you need to weigh that up against the countless 60 yard diagonal balls that miss the other Pars players or go out the park.

Would be delighted to be proved wrong in the step up, but can't see it.

Interesting to hear other fans thoughts on here though - Moff, Paton etc etc

I didn't realise that you weren't putting contract extensions in it.

Nope, the op is for transfer news. I don't see the point in putting players staying on at a club in the post as it would just confuse things.

Feel free to start up a squad lists thread if you want that sort of thing, normally one of them gets pinned as well.

Scott Taggart joins Alloa from Dumbarton, 3 ex Sons now signed for the Wasps this summer

Not really being a twitter user myself and after a few clicks did I really just find that John Gemmell uses the name beast on there? I'm pretty sure we gave him that name all those years ago :lol:

Not really being a twitter user myself and after a few clicks did I really just find that John Gemmell uses the name beast on there? I'm pretty sure we gave him that name all those years ago :lol:

He does indeedy, his Twitter handle is @8east09

Brad McKay left pars to go back to St Johnstone not sure how long it will last he didn't seem to keen to go back

Cheers mate, will add him when I get in tonight. Any other Pars loan returns?

Archived