Motherwell vs The Perth Saints

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the policing was that OTT. By all accounts the SFA were looking for any excuse to f**k us.

You did humiliate their team 6-1 after all.

You did humiliate their team 6-1 after all.

There's probably something in that to be fair.

If it was any other club in the play-off, there would probably be far less fuss.

I don't think the policing was that OTT. By all accounts the SFA were looking for any excuse to f**k us.

In fairness it's the SPFL rather than the SFA who are looking to do us but aye, given the amount the club have been going on about it this week I'm surprised that anyone expected anything other than an OTT presence today.

The statement the club has put out is fair enough and makes it pretty clear that, as ridiculous as it looked, they had to be seen to be complying with the SPFL's instruction.

The stewarding at the end was totally farcical - and quite funny actually. For the first time ever, I had a front row seat in the East Stand, some blue stuff from B&Q having replaced the people that normally sit in the first 3 rows. I thought the blue stuff would have been effective, so not really sure about the chicken wire and stewards in the kind of numbers last seen in the D-Day Landings. It had the interesting effect that practically everyone fucked off home before the players came out, which seems a bit of a shame for people that enjoy that kind of thing. I understand why the club did it but I question the need for it as the seriousness of what happened after the Rangers pumping last year was blown out of all proportion...

As for the game - .

The stewards handing out the stay off the pitch leaflets to away fans was ridiculous.

Very over the top today.

What may have been the size of any potential fine?

They were talking about it on Off The Ball (yeah, I know) and they came to the conclusion that Motherwell had spent £17k on stewarding today, and that's not even taking into consideration the policing costs and however much they paid for the fencing.

Those figures seem ridiculously excessive given that it was an essentially a meaningless game against St Johnstone in which there was never going to be any trouble anyway. I mean, I know Saints have the reputation now thanks to the violent and brutal Meh Derby, but what a waste of time and money this whole thing looks to be.

Effectively stopped playing when MacLean kicked Johnson, and everyone decided they'd rather not have to be in Ibiza in a cast.

Entertaining enough, and worth it for the fury Saints fans had at Lasley getting clattered.

Effectively stopped playing when MacLean kicked Johnson, and everyone decided they'd rather not have to be in Ibiza in a cast.

Entertaining enough, and worth it for the fury Saints fans had at Lasley getting clattered.

Highly amused at how riled the entire SPFL gets at Keith Lasley for existing.

He does make some awful challenges at times though. We would hate him as well.

With a face like his?  Impossible.

e6vb83.jpg

Does this happen every season at Fir Park or something? Why on earth would anyone invade the pitch here?

I was at our last game of the season a few years ago (3, possibly 4) in Perth and the Saints fans invaded the park at the end? What was the reason behind it? Did you qualify for Europe that day or was it just because it was the last day of the season, like Motherwell had been doing for years?

I was at our last game of the season a few years ago (3, possibly 4) in Perth and the Saints fans invaded the park at the end? What was the reason behind it? Did you qualify for Europe that day or was it just because it was the last day of the season, like Motherwell had been doing for years?

We qualified for Europe that day. We've been on the pitch a few times of late - league wins, Euro qualifications and such - but it's not a tradition or anything.

Motherwell fans also invaded the pitch in Perth that day and there wasn't an ounce of trouble

If anything, the two sets of supporters were celebrating success together. You guys finished 2nd, we'd managed to pinch 3rd on the last day. It was a brilliant atmosphere that day.

Archived