West of Scotland Cup Final

archieb

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading some of the posts on here and there seems to be a consensus that if you sponsor the tournament, that allows that person to dictate where that final should be played?

So are we saying that the dinosaurs that run junior football are prepared to allow someone to dictate to them where a final should be played, just so they don't have to get up off their arses to look for another sponsor?

Surely the role of the SJFA here is to try and promote the Junior game?surely the best way to do this is by taking the final to other Junior parks, thus allowing the neutral to come along and watch, and also possibly encouraging folk to come along and watch the game who don't normally attend a Junior game with the view of trying to entice them back,as the game we all watch is slowly dying, as many a team with the exception of a few, will tell you attendances are falling year in year out.

Let's get this Final out onto the open road, and get it shared around other clubs who have the facilities to hold such a prestigious cup competition.

Honestly, where do you start with this?

Well, where I come from a day oot means starting drinking early doors at your club, then onto a supporters bus enjoying the atmosphere and banter and the build up to the game. This then continues onto a wee social club, bowling green prior to attending the game itself.

Once the game is finished and hopefully it's your team that is victorious, you then head back down the road to celebrate into the wee small hour with the players, committee and rest of the supporters, no rush hame fae your work in a Friday night and try and get to the game on time.

That my dear man is classed as a DAY OOT.

Hope you understand now

Reading some of the posts on here and there seems to be a consensus that if you sponsor the tournament, that allows that person to dictate where that final should be played?

So are we saying that the dinosaurs that run junior football are prepared to allow someone to dictate to them where a final should be played, just so they don't have to get up off their arses to look for another sponsor?

Surely the role of the SJFA here is to try and promote the Junior game?surely the best way to do this is by taking the final to other Junior parks, thus allowing the neutral to come along and watch, and also possibly encouraging folk to come along and watch the game who don't normally attend a Junior game with the view of trying to entice them back,as the game we all watch is slowly dying, as many a team with the exception of a few, will tell you attendances are falling year in year out.

Let's get this Final out onto the open road, and get it shared around other clubs who have the facilities to hold such a prestigious cup competition.

There is still a divide in interest between Ayrshire and Central fans, for example I pay attention to the happenings in the ADL but couldn't tell you much about the Central leagues at all.

I probably wouldn't go to a final in Ayrshire between two Central clubs and I doubt many neutrals in the Central region would make the effort to attend a Glasgow-based final between two Ayrshire sides. It's an interest thing.

This sponsorship thing is nonsense. The winner receives prize money in the hundreds not the thousands.

A sensible venue closer to both teams would attract more fans and make up for lack of sponsorship money.

Sponsorship of cups in the Juniors is worth very little and is not worth the hassle in this case. I would prefer a more sensible venue.

If the final was say Cumnock V Rob Roy, Pollok would be a decent and fair venue, for two Ayrshire teams its a nonsense.

Pmsl it's ok for Auchinleck or Cumnock to travel to Pollok but not for Pollok or arthurlie to travel to Auchinleck very hypocritical jack d 1908

I said it'd be a minor inconvience but if we got to a hypothetical final like that on a Friday id be at it, but a Talbot fan doesn't sponsor the west.

I highly doubt the players of whatever two teams are in the final will care whether it's in Glasgow either.

Can't believe Pollok fans are defending this. If two central teams had to come to Auchinleck I would be the first to say the decision stinks. I can't believe you can't see this.

The first consideration for a final venue should be the fans. F the sponsor.

I am going to sponsor the Junior cup next season on condition Talbot get a bye to the final and its played in my back garden. I presume the Pollok fans will be OK with this, after all what the sponsor says goes

Can't believe Pollok fans are defending this. If two central teams had to come to Auchinleck I would be the first to say the decision stinks. I can't believe you can't see this.

The first consideration for a final venue should be the fans. F the sponsor.

I am going to sponsor the Junior cup next season on condition Talbot get a bye to the final and its played in my back garden. I presume the Pollok fans will be OK with this, after all what the sponsor says goes

Well said and a sponsor should have no say whatsoever in a cup final venue every year and its bordering on corrupt if a committee guy of a certain club is influencing this.

So In theory if say we have 6 cups between the entire ï¸west region and a committee member from each club sponsored one each then would cup finals only be held at 6 grounds max and no other club can host any?

End of the day we all know you unwashed would be glad to get to a final any final even if it was in Afghanistan.

If for instance Talbot and Cumnock both got to the final where is the sense in all the supporters travelling all the way to Glasgow.

It would be a cluster f**k and only someone fae Scumnock and Pollok could possibly support such a ludicrous arrangement.

Mon Talbot!

Mon Beith!

the good thing is we all know you wont be there

End of the day we all know you unwashed would be glad to get to a final any final even if it was in Afghanistan.

If for instance Talbot and Cumnock both got to the final where is the sense in all the supporters travelling all the way to Glasgow.

It would be a cluster f**k and only someone fae Scumnock and Pollok could possibly support such a ludicrous arrangement.

Mon Talbot!

Mon Beith!

It shouldn't be at Pollok, there's not enough parking available

It shouldn't be at Pollok, there's not enough parking available

There is a supermarket car park on the doorstep. I doubt that it will be full of shoppers on a Friday night?

There isn't many clubs with decent parking.

Petershill is the one that springs to mind with its own parking.

If it wasn't Pollok would people still be upset? Not saying it's completely fair but it's hardly the end of the world and if the sponsor wants it played at Newlandsfield as a condition of money being put into the junior game is it really such an issue?

There is a supermarket car park on the doorstep. I doubt that it will be full of shoppers on a Friday night?

There isn't many clubs with decent parking.

Petershill is the one that springs to mind with its own parking.

Aww, I'll need to throw you back.

Wrong fish!!!!

If it wasn't Pollok would people still be upset? Not saying it's completely fair but it's hardly the end of the world and if the sponsor wants it played at Newlandsfield as a condition of money being put into the junior game is it really such an issue?

Paranoia that the whole world hates you ha ha?

Think it's the fact that it's been known for a few days at least that it's gonna be an all Ayrshire final that ires some folks .

Paranoia that the whole world hates you ha ha?

Think it's the fact that it's been known for a few days at least that it's gonna be an all Ayrshire final that ires some folks .

No paranoia haha, we just seem to be upsetting people a lot this season when it's not really our fault ðŸ’

Archived