Berwick Rangers 2016/17

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brutal opening 15 minutes. Actually, brutal opening 15 seconds. I think that's the quickest goal I've ever seen at Shielfield. .

If I remember correctly , as a very young lad I still remember a seven second goal scored by us at Shielfield.. Alex Burke I'm sure! Can't remember who against .

39 minutes ago, Kevin Haynes' Son said:

If I remember correctly , as a very young lad I still remember a seven second goal scored by us at Shielfield.. Alex Burke I'm sure! Can't remember who against .

Correct, against Raith Rovers in 2003 I think.

Loan signings of Mackie and Stirling from Hibs now confirmed. 

Gives a potential line-up of 

Walker or Brennnan

Fairbairn, Martin, Wilson or Stirling 

Hamilton, Notman, Thompson,  Mackie,  Mckinlay

Mckenna or Lavery, Sheerin.

Sounds decent to me

Delighted to hear the expert opinion on Sheerin. It means a lot from lads who thought John Gemmell would fire them to the league title and boys who claimed Paul McManus would fire them to promotion. Will definitely, certainly, 100% take your view into account. Thank you.

Delighted to hear the expert opinion on Sheerin. It means a lot from lads who thought John Gemmell would fire them to the league title and boys who claimed Paul McManus would fire them to promotion. Will definitely, certainly, 100% take your view into account. Thank you.

Wasn't Paul McManus fault we never got promoted. Just the 18 goals he scored that season.

2 hours ago, Dm1991 said:

That would be if Stirling was a CH and if Mackie was a CM. Stirling a CM and Mackie a LB

Well fair enough about Stirling (though he can play right side of defence). Probably Wilson to start.

And Mackie Won't play left back. More likely left midfield. Whatever the formation, that seems a decent first team squad.  (though I may come back and delete this sometime in August)

Learnt a while ago not to pay much attention to opinion on Pie and Bovril. Every player we sign is pish and every time we win its 'two poor teams'.

I'll judge myself.

With the addition of Mackie and Stirling from Hibs, first team squad now looking like:

Goalkeepers: K Walker, Brennan

Defenders: Mackie, Stirling, Fairbairn, Martin, Wilson, McKinlay, Hamilton, Bauld

Midfield: McKenna, Notman, A Walker, Hogg

Strikers: Sheerin, Lavery, Thompson,  Helm

Neither Bauld nor Helm have featured yet. Are they fit or is the first team squad even lighter than it seems?

Also, any developments yet on shirt sponsor?

42 minutes ago, VODKAMONSTER said:

Club director John Bell posts on here occasionally maybe he can clarify the sponsor situation.

I thought the commercial stuff is within the remit of director Graham Bell, who was brought on to the board to improve income and the club's commercial activities?

All a bit quiet on that front so far, though great job from Dale on the Newcastle Airport deal.

With the addition of Mackie and Stirling from Hibs, first team squad now looking like:

Goalkeepers: K Walker, Brennan

Defenders: Mackie, Stirling, Fairbairn, Martin, Wilson, McKinlay, Hamilton, Bauld

Midfield: McKenna, Notman, A Walker, Hogg

Strikers: Sheerin, Lavery, Thompson,  Helm

Neither Bauld nor Helm have featured yet. Are they fit or is the first team squad even lighter than it seems?

Also, any developments yet on shirt sponsor?

Bev too, although the Midfield looks worryingly light.

Archived