Berwick Rangers 2016/17

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, LANG TOON SAINTIE said:

He is a very good young  player strong for his age.He can play in midfield or up front.I have no doubt that he will do a verry good job for you.

I think the boss John Coughlin should rest Greg Hurst on Saturday and give him a day off. No need to throw him into the cauldron of the concrete lavy pan (Meadowbank Stadium)

EdinvForfarP1290198.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

From Skysports

The laughs kept on coming in Scotland, as Berwick Rangers mentioned a tweet from account sponsors Newcastle Airport of their empty arrivals hall and teased the arrival of a Uruguayan superstar: 'Don't forget us, there's a 16:15 from Paris. Hello @ECavaniOfficial.'

• 1 month later...

Two yellows in the space of ten seconds for mouthing off.... Again!

If he never plays for us again it'll be too soon. Moron.

On a positive Great day in hospitality , looked after well. Pleased with a point, good battling display ! Still in the play offs too going into the international break.

It's mental that it's gone from 16 (?) yellows last season to 3 reds already this year

You'd have hoped there'd have been a lesson learnt from those yellows and with the crackdown on dissent you'd hope the red at Morton would certainly be a steep learning curve had t not been. I don't think we're in much of a position to be releasing good players who have proven themselves to be a big influence on how we play, but yes, Coughlin I'm sure will be fining him, and rightly so.

But for all it's undoubtedly and ultimately up to McKenna to improve that area of his game, I imagine his teammates will be getting a bit frustrated with him now. Im not saying it's their fault by any mean - it's clearly a flaw in his game, but it's time for some of them to take responsibility and start reeling him in.

Yes, he should be able to do it himself but it's becoming increasingly clear that when his head goes he's incapable. Whether it's Jonny as captain or whoever is closest, they should be telling him to shut up and get on with it. For example I could hear Forfar lads telling David cox to 'shut the f**k up and leave the ref alone' very audibly on our home clash, in addition to a number of over lovely messages on multiple occasions.

Sometimes behaviours are impossible for people to change. I get that but if that's the case here, the rest of the team must try limit the damage because we can't continue to let himself see red and whilst we're as thin on the ground as we are through injury, we certainly can't afford silly suspensions on top.

• 3 weeks later...
You've signed Greg Rutherford. Good player IMO and showed some great flashes just not a proper goal scorer for a striker

Eta: busy in here by the way :lol:

We prefer individual match threads to hate each other in. :)

Surprised we've signed Rutherford. Sounds decent on paper but I would have thought centre mid would be the priority. Still, Coughlin obviously sees something worthwhile so we'll see how he changes his approach. Lavery pushed further down the pecking order surely, and deservedly so. No goal in over 6 months.

Never on here often but heading down to the game tomorrow - looking forward to a good day out and a cracking game of football! 

Whats the general thoughts on tomorrow's game? Haven't managed to watch Berwick so unsure what to expect. 

Archived