Berwick Rangers 2016/17

And he said it would be a young side this season!

I'm still cagey about Allan Walker and Robert Wilson, so another grafter in midfield, and a centre-half with a bit of experience would be good. (surprised he hasn't gone for Townsley).

There will also, of course, be a few loanees. They worked a treat last season.

Ooh! Is he accompanying Sheerin from Livi? Must want to go back to his roots. Shall I order the taxi...?

Seriously though,

I like Sheerin & Berwick so I hope you come up. Please, I miss you.

From what I have seen of him he is passionate & gave 100% so given good management I think he would do well.

Sadly we have shite management & lots going on behind the scenes so he didn't have a chance last season. 

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see you've signed Lee Hamilton. Should do great for you. Plays right back / wing back / right midfield. Never stops running and never shirks a tackle. We ended up with 5 RB / RWB players last year and Lee sat on the bench for most of it. No idea why because he definitely deserved game time after some of the fiascos we seen.

All the best to Lee. Delighted he's got another chance to shine.

Ooh! Is he accompanying Sheerin from Livi? Must want to go back to his roots. Shall I order the taxi...?

Seriously though,

From what I have seen of him he is passionate & gave 100% so given good management I think he would do well.

Sadly we have shite management & lots going on behind the scenes so he didn't have a chance last season.

No no no no no! You can keep THAT Robert Wilson.

His namesake is a promising young centre-half who probably needs another half season to get more experience before he can really be 1st choice.

I see you've signed Lee Hamilton. Should do great for you. Plays right back / wing back / right midfield. Never stops running and never shirks a tackle. We ended up with 5 RB / RWB players last year and Lee sat on the bench for most of it. No idea why because he definitely deserved game time after some of the fiascos we seen.

All the best to Lee. Delighted he's got another chance to shine.

Cheers. Sounds like the ideal Coughlin signing. The manager has already said he likes to play with 3 centre backs, so looks like Hamilton will be putting in a shift up and down the right flank.

Seriously though,

How's Robert Wilson doing at Livi? Still charming the locals with his wit and charisma? Keep him as long as you want.

I wonder if it mightn't be a bit much by the time the league starts. Currently our schedule looks like this:

Sat 2nd Jul - Consett (A)

Sun 3rd Jul - Ryton & Crawcrook Albion (A)

Tue 5th Jul - Hibs (H)

Sat 9th Jul - ?

Tue 12th Jul - Gateshead (H)

Sat 16th Jul - Alloa (A)

Tue 19 Jul - Albion Rovers (H), League Cup

Sat 23 Jul - Clyde (A), League Cup

Tue 26 Jul - Kilmarnock (H), League Cup

Sat 30 Jul - Morton (A), League Cup

Wed 3 Aug - Challenge Cup R1

Sat 6 Aug - league starts

I wonder if it mightn't be a bit much by the time the league starts. Currently our schedule looks like this:

Sat 2nd Jul - Consett (A)

Sun 3rd Jul - Ryton & Crawcrook Albion (A)

Tue 5th Jul - Hibs (H)

Sat 9th Jul - ?

Tue 12th Jul - Gateshead (H)

Sat 16th Jul - Alloa (A)

Tue 19 Jul - Albion Rovers (H), League Cup

Sat 23 Jul - Clyde (A), League Cup

Tue 26 Jul - Kilmarnock (H), League Cup

Sat 30 Jul - Morton (A), League Cup

Wed 3 Aug - Challenge Cup R1

Sat 6 Aug - league starts

With a current squad of around 13 first-teamers, absolutely, though we have to assume Coff will be adding 4-5 new faces over the next few weeks.

Quality (& quantity) will depend on what budget is available.

Speaking of which, any news on next season's new shirt sponsor?

Investment in the youth system always a good thing YF old fruit. 😊 Clubs reap what they sow in youth development. Aye, ok, vested interest, but great to see.ðŸ‘

I'm happy to see it too, I know we did reasonably well last season so good that we're building on that. The point I was making is the lack of first team news.

The club have already told you they're about to sign 3 more. There's not much more they can do if they haven't actually signed anyone yet...

Happy with the cup draw today. Hopefully they bring a few down and we get it up them again. Heard Hoskins dad will miss it as he's actually in Marseille hunting Russians

The club have already told you they're about to sign 3 more.

3 signings takes the squad size to 19. Assuming the loans are coming from pro youth, 8 of those 19 players will be 21 or younger. I know we were told it would be a young team, but surely we need a bit more experience?

Archived