Berwick Rangers 2016/17

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Graham goes to Brechin we'd live. Not bad but not a Coughlin midfielder. Dunno how he'd handle a step up tbh.

Chuffed with Sheerin. Sounds as though he's screwed his head on since going Juniors. Cough knows him well from past so sure he'll get something good out of him. Decent replacement for Henderson I think.

Good work from Cough today.

Pleased with the Sheerin signing.

Crucial signings will be in centre-mid.

Agree with CM being one of the priorities. We really need a couple in. I also think a first choice centre back and goalkeeper are important. Wilson has progressed a lot but still think he has a bit to learn to be first choice week in week out.

After that, we're still pretty weak at full back and up top for me. Hopefully Sheerin can add something but I feel we'll need more up there.

K Walker

Wilson

Fairbairn

Martin

McKinley

A Walker

Notman

McKenna

Beveridge

Lavery

Sheerin

Thats a decent starting XI after those two signings. A RWB, McKenna replacement and a CB with up top cover will do nicely.

K Walker

Wilson

Fairbairn

Martin

McKinley

A Walker

Notman

McKenna

Beveridge

Lavery

Sheerin

Thats a decent starting XI after those two signings. A RWB, McKenna replacement and a CB with up top cover will do nicely.

Who's the McKinley in midfield?

Happy with the Sheerin signing. He comes to us with a better pedigree and more experience than Henderson, and if he can match or improve on the latter's goal tally then he'll be a big success with us. I recall him trialling for us a couple of years ago too, and he scored an absolute belter. Hopefully there'll be plenty more to come next season.

Still think we need a second keeper, two full backs, a playmaker and another central midfielder, plus one more striker. Hopefully 6-7 quality signings to come in. See another poster is suggesting we've signed a midfielder from Musselburgh,  where we do all our shopping these days. Any updates on that?

Just been announced LWB from Stirling, put in a 3-5-2 formation.

As I have just posted on the Stirling thread. Kevin McKinlay was a player I didn't really take to and in truth I was quite happy to see him leave. I don't mean that in a disrespectful way but he just never really showed he deserved or was good enough for another season. Had he not signed an 18 month contract when he joined from Ayr United, I wonder if McLaren would have kept him on for last season.

With being tall and physical he'll fit into John Coughlin's style of play so maybe Berwick fans will see the best of him.

As I have just posted on the Stirling thread. Kevin McKinlay was a player I didn't really take to and in truth I was quite happy to see him leave.

Will be pleasing to watch him decapitate Blair Henderson with a Cantona style kung fu chop. I think i'd like him.

Got it, cheers. 30 years old. Looks like Coff is going for a more experienced outfit this season.

And he said it would be a young side this season!

I'm still cagey about Allan Walker and Robert Wilson, so another grafter in midfield, and a centre-half with a bit of experience would be good. (surprised he hasn't gone for Townsley).

There will also, of course, be a few loanees. They worked a treat last season.

Archived