Jordan Muirhead

Yes crichton player not seen many games this season heard he has a good left foot. Looking forward to seeing this boy next season if he turns out half as good as his brother he will do ok

I know this is nothing to do with this boy but I heard the Anderson boy who played with Lochar,, is coming to Dalbeattie next season . Is the boy still with Lochar or did Annan not look at him also . Always though he looked a decent player when I saw him for Lochar. Don't know if there's any truth to it or not . Heard of any other players moving?

I know this is nothing to do with this boy but I heard the Anderson boy who played with Lochar,, is coming to Dalbeattie next season . Is the boy still with Lochar or did Annan not look at him also . Always though he looked a decent player when I saw him for Lochar. Don't know if there's any truth to it or not . Heard of any other players moving?

He was with Gretna this season

Thought the boy would want to play at a higher level than the south which isnt much better than Sunday league

:lol: Aye right!

I play Sunday League and I know for sure every one of the South teams would crush us and every other team in the leagues. We got beat by YM in a friendly a couple of years ago! That says it all about the different standards.

Aye ur team maybe but I know n watch sum Sunday league teams that cud give any south team a doin cause they r full of players that have played at top south teams. No harm 2 ym but u must play in one shite team if they can hammer u

There is no way any Sunday League team would compete in the South League. Behave yourself ;)

Competing in the south league is out of the question. ym, fleet star and creetown can hardly be described as being competitive though.

Gap is not as big as it should be. Alan Mulligans annan town side would be more than a match for most of the south teams. Palmy colts ball play puts most of the south teams to shame.

Just my 10p worth.

Competing in the south league is out of the question. ym, fleet star and creetown can hardly be described as being competitive though.

Gap is not as big as it should be. Alan Mulligans annan town side would be more than a match for most of the south teams. Palmy colts ball play puts most of the south teams to shame.

Just my 10p worth.

The Colts are a very bizarre team. They're the best team we've played (I include Annan Town in that) They play some cracking football with the ball on the deck. Yet when I look at the league table they are normally mid-table. We've only ever played them on plastic, do they struggle on grass?

The last time we played Annan we held them at half time which must have annoyed them as they came out and hammered us 5-1 in the second half :lol:

Bear in mind a lot of the YM team last year was filled with Loreburn players. Loreburn won the Sunday League but struggled in the South. That says it all about the difference IMO.

Most players have came from Sunday to the south so tells you the standard of majority of south teams. I'm not including Saints and Edu.

Yeah, I suppose I'm possibly thinking too highly of the South League as I tend to watch Edu predominantly. But watching Sunday teams week in week out I have to say that the standard is generally woeful. Granted, that's the 2nd division right enough. But some folk don't look like they've kicked a ball prior to playing Sunday League.

Yeah, I suppose I'm possibly thinking too highly of the South League as I tend to watch Edu predominantly. But watching Sunday teams week in week out I have to say that the standard is generally woeful. Granted, that's the 2nd division right enough. But some folk don't look like they've kicked a ball prior to playing Sunday League.

Your right though some look as if they have never kicked a ball in your life but a few teams have at least a few players that have or could play at south.

Do you play Sundays?

Your right though some look as if they have never kicked a ball in your life but a few teams have at least a few players that have or could play at south.

Do you play Sundays?

Play is an over-statement :lol: But yes, for one of the poorer sides it has to be said :wacko:

The Colts are a very bizarre team. They're the best team we've played (I include Annan Town in that) They play some cracking football with the ball on the deck. Yet when I look at the league table they are normally mid-table. We've only ever played them on plastic, do they struggle on grass?

The last time we played Annan we held them at half time which must have annoyed them as they came out and hammered us 5-1 in the second half :lol:

Bear in mind a lot of the YM team last year was filled with Loreburn players. Loreburn won the Sunday League but struggled in the South. That says it all about the difference IMO.

having watched the sunday league for many years i feel that the standard is getting better, my mate watched a game between annan town v palmy colts at lockerbie and said the football played that day was better than some of the football he had seen mids play on the exact same pitch. have watched both teams a few times and have to say they do have some excellent players. think a big part of the colts problem is they have a very young side and not much experience but when they get the ball down on the deck and pass it about they could challenge a lot of south teams to a good game. i would fancy annan town to aswell having heard good reports about them 

Archived