Funeral shenanigans

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm over 60 and live in an area populated by retirees and assorted coffin dodgers and get regular junk mail about 'meals to your door' or 'disabled showers' or 'DIY hip replacements using dental adhesive' - ok so I made that last one up but you get the point.

Today's missive was from Pure Cremation who, for about £1,700 , will collect your cold, dead body and then burn it and either scatter your ashes somewhere in England or put them in an urn and send them back to your loved ones.  No ceremony needed or wanted.

Sounds like the perfect option for you.

That could be a winner...

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'm over 60 and live in an area populated by retirees and assorted coffin dodgers and get regular junk mail about 'meals to your door' or 'disabled showers' or 'DIY hip replacements using dental adhesive' - ok so I made that last one up but you get the point.

Today's missive was from Pure Cremation who, for about £1,700 , will collect your cold, dead body and then burn it and either scatter your ashes somewhere in England or put them in an urn and send them back to your loved ones.  No ceremony needed or wanted.

I took the liberty of booking you in on Wednesday.

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

These leafletters should have done their market research to target more appropriate products for you;

DMA-335_640x928.thumb.jpg.22a6dc1fe8704fd9f04134f691c1c672.jpg

Coming back  from work today the traffic was really slow A couple of minutes later we found out why It was 2 black horses pulling a glass carraige with a coffin in it heading to the cemetery Have never seen this before  apart from on tv

14 minutes ago, maicoman said:

Coming back  from work today the traffic was really slow A couple of minutes later we found out why It was 2 black horses pulling a glass carraige with a coffin in it heading to the cemetery Have never seen this before  apart from on tv

Which part of Angus was this? 

There's one in Dundee that does the rounds on a fairly regular basis, spotted last week.

13 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:
2 hours ago, maicoman said:

There's one in Dundee that does the rounds on a fairly regular basis, spotted last week.

Is it lost?

1 hour ago, MuckleMoo said:
3 hours ago, maicoman said:

My mate died of cancer in his 30s.  He got the horse and hearse send off as that was what he wanted.  Only one like that I have attended.

I think I might, many years from now of course, snuff it in mid November.

I'll miss Christmas and the funeral is likely to be on a freezing cold day in the pissing rain.

I'd also request a Psalm that goes to about 100 verses is sung by the mourners.

Reason why? If I'm not having a good time no-one else should!

15 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I think I might, many years from now of course, snuff it in mid November.

I'll miss Christmas and the funeral is likely to be on a freezing cold day in the pissing rain.

I'd also request a Psalm that goes to about 100 verses is sung by the mourners.

Reason why? If I'm not having a good time no-one else should!

Psalm 119 is the one for you.

M father was buried, I was obviously on a cord, only other time was at my best friend’s funeral back when we were 21. Bitch we’re pretty grim.

Mrs RN#2 had a humanist service, I had to do the eulogy because virtual no one else knew anything about her. Her ashes went into the Forth, by her request, by S Queensferry.

9 hours ago, Raidernation said:

M father was buried, I was obviously on a cord, only other time was at my best friend’s funeral back when we were 21. Bitch we’re pretty grim.

Mrs RN#2 had a humanist service, I had to do the eulogy because virtual no one else knew anything about her. Her ashes went into the Forth, by her request, by S Queensferry.

It could be said, tragic though the circumstances were, at least you fulfilled many a P&Bers dream there by seeing your wife get in the sea...

On 22/10/2021 at 19:23, maicoman said:

A couple of minutes later we found out why It was 2 black horses pulling a glass carraige with a coffin in it heading to the cemetery

Not something I've witnessed personally but I always associate this with the gangster community. Did the have a big floral wreath spelling out GUV'NOR?