Queen's Park v Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v Queen's Park

See to be honest, I was surprised we stayed up this season, although that was helped by Alloa being God-awful and Livingston continuing to be a hilarious soap opera. I hope we don't chuck stupid money after it to stay up this year, as really every year's a bonus.

I suppose the loss of Murdoch and Smith was where your season really fell apart. The replacements (Gibbons and Caldwell?) not being up to the task just scuppered the whole thing, and Nish clearly panicked and switched the play to hoofball and the relying on Spence to grab the goals.

We've just let Paul Heffernan go, and I'd imagine he'll be dropping down the divisions. I've no idea if he'd command a big wage, but he could be a decent asset for you lot in L2. His legs have gone, but you can still tell the brain is there, and his movement is impressive. He'd score a few down there I reckon.

Also being honest, we have been saying this will be Dumbartons season for the bubble to burst. You have been regularly around mid table and safe early for a while now but fair play we were wrong and another good season for you.

There's been a huge difference between top and bottom in the championship, compared to league 1 where apart from Dunfermline very little between the rest really. Leaves you with a mini league to stay up but you seem to have it sussed.

Best of luck.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to back relegations are horrible. We finished 10th in Div. 1 in 95/96, 9th in Div. 2 in 96/97 and wait for it, 10th in Div. 3 in 97/98. Just as well there was no pyramid then. Once you're on the slippery slope it's difficult to get off.

We have Wullie Muir to thank today, and not for the first time. He's been outstanding all season.

In the post-match interview on Wednesday Gus suggested no change in game strategy, so a bit puzzled to see us invite Cowden onto us and make no attempt at possesion or goal threat. A dreadful game of football as a spectacle, and a very long 90 minutes to watch playing the way we did, but we were organised and did the job - well done QP!.

I fear the worst for Duggan for the final - we could do with Jamie Longworth!

Cowden looked much more capable and dangerous today. Best of luck next season, especially against Clyde.

Cool name. Ivor fan?

Thanks. You hit the nail on the head about Nish's coaching abilities. He's not been helped by Jimmy Nic spunking the cash from the season in the Championship but he's absolutely hopeless.

If we get rid of Nish i very much doubt he'll get another chance in Scottish football. He really is that bad.

I believe your bad mouth is much worse. You are born with your foot in your mouth :thumbsdown

I will be busy tomorrow writing a letter to the club :smartass

Nish has gone and proved he is as pish a manager as he was a player. Thought that was virtually impossible. Ouch. 

Pish _ are you talking about your car park?  Still charging for the dump yard?

Yup, that sounds like what he did with us. Our striker at that point was about 5"8, so a similar size to Spence as well.

There's always the Juniors/LL, they love a manager like him!

Nicoll won't have helped, but trusting Nish with a reasonable budget could have been even more dangerous. 

Nish is a likeable big guy, but unfortunately I don't think he's cut out to be a manager. A coach perhaps, but not a manager.

Never mind Cowdenbeath!

Your club just got worse after Nishy and Ian Murray left.

Do you hate Dumbo now? Is this what we've got to look forward to when Nish gets his jotters?

I do not care about Dumbarton.  It is like / hate.  If Cowdenbeath sack Nishy, I will cuss Cowdenbeath like I did it to Dumbarton.  Just really Japanese horror films _ quite scary.

I believe your bad mouth is much worse. You are born with your foot in your mouth :thumbsdown

I will be busy tomorrow writing a letter to the club :smartass

Tell me Rie what has Nishy just achieved today in his first season as a manager?

Did you write the guff that's on his linkedin page? Apparently he's looking to pass on his experience and skills to the next generation of talent. God help the poor fuckers. Also on one section Hibernian has been spelt incorrectly.

I had some sushi today before the game as well. It was alright.

Tell me Rie what has Nishy just achieved today in his first season as a manager?

Did you write the guff that's on his linkedin page? Apparently he's looking to pass on his experience and skills to the next generation of talent. God help the poor fuckers. Also on one section Hibernian has been spelt incorrectly.

I had some sushi today before the game as well. It was alright.

You must admit Cowden played well today especially defence.  It was just unfortunate to have the coach broken down last Saturday too.

Where did you get sushi?  I never eat sushi in Scotland.  Especially ones from supermarkets here are horrible.  You have to go to London if you would like to eat decent Japanese food.

You must admit Cowden played well today especially defence. It was just unfortunate to have the coach broken down last Saturday too.

Where did you get sushi? I never eat sushi in Scotland. Especially ones from supermarkets here are horrible. You have to go to London if you would like to eat decent Japanese food.

Cowden didn't play well today. We came up against a piss poor team and still couldn't break them down.

The defence had nothing to do. Queens offered no threat without Duggan but we still couldn't show enough going forward to put them under real pressure.

Never mind Cowdenbeath!

Your club just got worse after Nishy and Ian Murray left.

Oddly enough since Nish left we haven't actually been great. Can't think of a reason why, I mean we've stayed up but the football has been poor and we've been lucky that other teams have been dross. It's almost like...

I do not care about Dumbarton. It is like / hate. If Cowdenbeath sack Nishy, I will cuss Cowdenbeath like I did it to Dumbarton. Just really Japanese horror films _ quite scary.

Ah. That'll be it.

Nish wanted to leave us, Rie. It was his choice, now undo your magic and let us win away games again. ;)

Just remembered that the match announcer welcomed everyone to Central Park for the 'Relegation Play-off Match between Cowdenbeath & Queen's Park' yesterday.

The spiders fans were a little annoyed at that since we were going for promotion.

Then at half time all other play-off scorelines were announced as Championship, League 1 & League 2.

Premonition or bitter irony from the announcer.

Just remembered that the match announcer welcomed everyone to Central Park for the 'Relegation Play-off Match between Cowdenbeath & Queen's Park' yesterday.

The spiders fans were a little annoyed at that since we were going for promotion.

Then at half time all other play-off scorelines were announced as Championship, League 1 & League 2.

Premonition or bitter irony from the announcer.

If he's a Cowden fan then it was probably just pure ignorance tbh.

Archived