Queen's Park v Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v Queen's Park

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if I would prefer the Shire or Edinburgh City to be in the league next season. I like the Shire and worry about them if they exit the league, but a few trips to Meadowbank would be good.

Probably our worst display of the season and still we qualified. Absolutely hate when we play so deep.I've massive respect for our defence but on a pitch like that every ball lumped into the box was a lottery. But we've made it and our next two games will both be more evenly matched.

Gutted about Duggan. Reported as hamstring gone. His early retiral today was a big game changer.

I see the final starts on Tuesday so I'm going to miss that but the second leg is at Hampden. Away days are great but it would be extra special to win at home.

Superb travelling support today. Was on the far side in the first half and it was some noise from there. Could do with keeping kids/parents in the lower half of section P and get the same noise in the upper half next week.

You were absolutely right an appallingly inept performance.

You are being too kind.

At times it looked almost like QP were going to set up some shots for us in sympathy. Why, QP even tried to score an o.g. near the end.

Probably our worst display of the season and still we qualified. Absolutely hate when we play so deep.I've massive respect for our defence but on a pitch like that every ball lumped into the box was a lottery. But we've made it and our next two games will both be more evenly matched.

Gutted about Duggan. Reported as hamstring gone. His early retiral today was a big game changer.

I see the final starts on Tuesday so I'm going to miss that but the second leg is at Hampden. Away days are great but it would be extra special to win at home.

Superb travelling support today. Was on the far side in the first half and it was some noise from there. Could do with keeping kids/parents in the lower half of section P and get the same noise in the upper half next week.

Aye the noise was incredible.

Yous must really rock Hamden.

Individually he did ok when he came on.

As a team we changed shape when he came on and it didn't work. We became more desperate going more direct straight down the middle.

Should have made it a double sub and brought Mcdaid on at the same time to give some width and someone to deliver to the target men upfront(if you can call Caldwell that)

It must be a sad sign of the situation that you're in that you had to bring him on though, I know he featured earlier in the season, but just assumed he'd quietly retired.

Anyway it's a shame what happened in the end, and I'm not one to hit out with the 'Told You So' patter after Nish's appointment as I didn't think the board had much choice, but I knew a few boys who had played under him in our 20s, and they did not rate him at all. He was reliant on long balls to small strikers and couldn't change a game apparently, I've no idea if that's the same as it's been for you lot this term.

The last 8 years since that title winning season for us has seen some great battles with you, and some memorable games for both teams. Who could forgot the 0-0 in 08/09 with a crowd that must have been near 1000, or the 3-2 Cowden win at Central when Hemmings missed an injury time penalty, and then scored minutes later. That was a sare yin!

I remember being delighted when you humped the Pars in the playoffs, as a neutral that was a greatly enjoyable match to watch, with (nae offence) one of the smallest sides in the league dishing out a telt'ing to the 'big team in Fife.'

All the best for the next season, and maybe you can finally win that title we pinched/you bottled in 08/09  ;)

It must be a sad sign of the situation that you're in that you had to bring him on though, I know he featured earlier in the season, but just assumed he'd quietly retired.

Anyway it's a shame what happened in the end, and I'm not one to hit out with the 'Told You So' patter after Nish's appointment as I didn't think the board had much choice, but I knew a few boys who had played under him in our 20s, and they did not rate him at all. He was reliant on long balls to small strikers and couldn't change a game apparently, I've no idea if that's the same as it's been for you lot this term.

The last 8 years since that title winning season for us has seen some great battles with you, and some memorable games for both teams. Who could forgot the 0-0 in 08/09 with a crowd that must have been near 1000, or the 3-2 Cowden win at Central when Hemmings missed an injury time penalty, and then scored minutes later. That was a sare yin!

I remember being delighted when you humped the Pars in the playoffs, as a neutral that was a greatly enjoyable match to watch, with (nae offence) one of the smallest sides in the league dishing out a telt'ing to the 'big team in Fife.'

All the best for the next season, and maybe you can finally win that title we pinched/you bottled in 08/09 ;)

Quick Long balls to Spence with no blue shirt near him has been the fare since New Year. Brutal stuff.

All the best for the next season, and maybe you can finally win that title we pinched/you bottled in 08/09 ;)

Thanks. You hit the nail on the head about Nish's coaching abilities. He's not been helped by Jimmy Nic spunking the cash from the season in the Championship but he's absolutely hopeless.

If we get rid of Nish i very much doubt he'll get another chance in Scottish football. He really is that bad.

Quick Long balls to Spence with no blue shirt near him has been the fare since New Year. Brutal stuff.

Yup, that sounds like what he did with us. Our striker at that point was about 5"8, so a similar size to Spence as well.

Thanks. You hit the nail on the head about Nish's coaching abilities. He's not been helped by Jimmy Nic spunking the cash from the season in the Championship but he's absolutely hopeless.

If we get rid of Nish i very much doubt he'll get another chance in Scottish football. He really is that bad.

There's always the Juniors/LL, they love a manager like him!

Nicoll won't have helped, but trusting Nish with a reasonable budget could have been even more dangerous. 

Nish is a likeable big guy, but unfortunately I don't think he's cut out to be a manager. A coach perhaps, but not a manager.

We look at the league tables every Saturday after the game enviously when we see dumbartons position. Harder again for you next year as Dunfermline will be a lot better than Alloa were.

Maybe Ayr/Stranraer could be the whipping boys.

No idea what we will be like next season. If Nish is here or not I don't think is even clear cut yet.

Regarding Nish coming on, we only have 2 other forwards and they both started so it was a desperate last throw of the dice. The football we used to play has vanished which is as disappointing as the results.

Our team showed much more application today but it's a story of too little, too late. Queens came to see out the tie and they accomplished their mission. I was surprised that they didn't have more of a go at us but the ends justified the means. Nish bringing himself on was a stupid and selfish move on his part. We looked like we might score another until he came onto the pitch. Felt Adamson had a good game and we have missed his presence in the team for most of the season.

Good support through for Queens. Best of luck in the final.

We look at the league tables every Saturday after the game enviously when we see dumbartons position. Harder again for you next year as Dunfermline will be a lot better than Alloa were.

Maybe Ayr/Stranraer could be the whipping boys.

No idea what we will be like next season. If Nish is here or not I don't think is even clear cut yet.

Regarding Nish coming on, we only have 2 other forwards and they both started so it was a desperate last throw of the dice. The football we used to play has vanished which is as disappointing as the results.

See to be honest, I was surprised we stayed up this season, although that was helped by Alloa being God-awful and Livingston continuing to be a hilarious soap opera. I hope we don't chuck stupid money after it to stay up this year, as really every year's a bonus.

I suppose the loss of Murdoch and Smith was where your season really fell apart. The replacements (Gibbons and Caldwell?) not being up to the task just scuppered the whole thing, and Nish clearly panicked and switched the play to hoofball and the relying on Spence to grab the goals.

We've just let Paul Heffernan go, and I'd imagine he'll be dropping down the divisions. I've no idea if he'd command a big wage, but he could be a decent asset for you lot in L2. His legs have gone, but you can still tell the brain is there, and his movement is impressive. He'd score a few down there I reckon.

Our team showed much more application today but it's a story of too little, too late. Queens came to see out the tie and they accomplished their mission. I was surprised that they didn't have more of a go at us but the ends justified the means. Nish bringing himself on was a stupid and selfish move on his part. We looked like we might score another until he came onto the pitch. Felt Adamson had a good game and we have missed his presence in the team for most of the season.

Good support through for Queens. Best of luck in the final.

To be fair to Nish with our very limited striking options he made a gamble to get involved in the game which didn't pay of unfortunately.

Agree with some of the other comments I think Nish would be suited in a coaching capacity as he does not seem a very capable manager having watched an absolutely brutal season.

Hope it works well for him elsewhere but we cannot afford to gamble with Nish to see if he gets it right when in the trapdoor league and no man is bigger than the club

See to be honest, I was surprised we stayed up this season, although that was helped by Alloa being God-awful and Livingston continuing to be a hilarious soap opera. I hope we don't chuck stupid money after it to stay up this year, as really every year's a bonus.

I suppose the loss of Murdoch and Smith was where your season really fell apart. The replacements (Gibbons and Caldwell?) not being up to the task just scuppered the whole thing, and Nish clearly panicked and switched the play to hoofball and the relying on Spence to grab the goals.

We've just let Paul Heffernan go, and I'd imagine he'll be dropping down the divisions. I've no idea if he'd command a big wage, but he could be a decent asset for you lot in L2. His legs have gone, but you can still tell the brain is there, and his movement is impressive. He'd score a few down there I reckon.

Your side has done well to get a fifth successive season in the Championship as a part time side. Think the last side to achieve that was QOS and even then I think they started to go full time during their fifth season. With Alloa and Livi gone I suppose it will be a case of the Sons finishing above Ayr or Stranraer who you would expect to finish bottom.

As you say we fell apart when Murdoch and Smith left in January.

Chris Kane was solid again in central defence. Could do with being a bit taller for the position but definitely seems suited to it.

Thought Kane was OK in the air but a bombscare with the ball at feet. How did CJ get on the pitch. Not one shot at goal, never beat a player and every time he got the ball he lost it.

At least the lads put a lot of effort in today if they had done that against Stenny we wouldn't have been in the playoffs.

As for the high ball stuff. What was that about?

Glad this season is over, time to think about other things.

We have Wullie Muir to thank today, and not for the first time. He's been outstanding all season.

In the post-match interview on Wednesday Gus suggested no change in game strategy, so a bit puzzled to see us invite Cowden onto us and make no attempt at possesion or goal threat. A dreadful game of football as a spectacle, and a very long 90 minutes to watch playing the way we did, but we were organised and did the job - well done QP!.

I fear the worst for Duggan for the final - we could do with Jamie Longworth!

Cowden looked much more capable and dangerous today. Best of luck next season, especially against Clyde.

Archived