Queen's Park v Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v Queen's Park

He should have had us playing like that weeks ago. However, I am not convinced it would have made any difference to the results, other than the Stenny game. That was our get out of jail moment and he failed miserably.

QP offered nothing, but then they didn't have to. If we had equalised the tie, maybe they would have ran all over us. We totally dominated, but were still gash. All we seemed to do was play head tennis.

Milne was only on the park for his throw-in ability. He was so lazy. Nobody running for the second ball.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goodbye Cowden, you'll be missed...

Your turn will be next year so don't get too cocky.

Worst team we played (except ourselves!) and slashing your budget again I'm told. Highest earners no contracts.

Your turn will be next year so don't get too cocky.

Worst team we played (except ourselves!) and slashing your budget again I'm told. Highest earners no contracts.

Nah, we will be fine. No one can be as bad as you were this season, well maybe Forfar.

Cowdenbeath back to where they belong. Well done Queens. How is McGeever doing for you lot?

Aye gonna miss going to your clubs soulless Lego stadium and getting humped for quite a while, although we may get you in our annual guff draw in the cup.

Nah, we will be fine. No one can be as bad as you were this season, well maybe Forfar.[/quote

The difference is, we were capable of better if we had a decent manager. Stenny are certs for relegation and were the worst team in the league.

Slashing the wage bill I can appreciate, but it means you will be even worse unless you discover some real gems on the cheap.

Sives immense again. If only Kenny was quicker at taking chances.

Sives is horrible in possession of a football.

He's so stecky someone must tie his laces.

Solid defender though in tight situations as very slow aswell.

Was disappointed with the time wasting by QP. You expect some, but that was embarrassing. They obviously didn't believe that we really are that bad.

As for the officials. Totally useless.

Sives is horrible in possession of a football.

He's so stecky someone must tie his laces.

Solid defender though in tight situations as very slow aswell.

Chris Kane was solid again in central defence. Could do with being a bit taller for the position but definitely seems suited to it.

Plenty of effort and application by Cowdenbeath today, but they are a very disjointed side. They really also have no imagination in attack; route one from the keeper and the centre forward hanging in the air like a question mark, trying to get a flick on. Real 1930s stuff.

Thought the left back (Adamson?) and Spence did OK; Sives a bit of a bombscare at centre half, with Kane not a whole lot better. Mystifyingly Cowdenbeath looked less likely to score when Nish came on. Nish has all the presence in the box of a hatstand on wheels.

The goal was scrappy, but the turning point of the match for me was when the QP keeper made a sprawling save at close range from Cowden's no. 7. He tumbled smartly to his left and pushed his right hand over his body to beat away a goal-bound shot. After that, it felt like it wouldn't be Cowden's day.

I agree that QP were cynical and the time wasting from the earliest point in the game was embarrassing. However from their point of view they will probably class this as "seeing the game out professionally"- which is exactly what they did. However it would have been more entertaining from the neutral point of view had they really gone for Cowdenbeath- had they done so, with such a poinderous defence, they could have killed the tie off very quickly.

Who knows where the Miners go from here. I doubt many of those players will be around next season and fans must hope that the clueless Nish is first out of the door. His team is a real neanderthal throwback tactically. It's been a while since I've seen Cowden and I was surprised to see how far they have fallen in recent times.

Sorry to see Cowden go down, if only because we're losing their supporters from the League 1 forum - there's some good posters amongst them. Hope the club can get back onto an even keel. What an absolute disaster of a season it's been for them.

It's brilliant to see Queen's Park winning and I hope they can get the better of Clyde in the play-offs. The division will be all the better for it.

Archived