Queen's Park v Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v Queen's Park

Let's assume we had put any 3 of the excellent chances we missed in the net. Would you still be moaning about the ref after 2 days? Your team got off lightly this week. There's a high probability that the 'penalty' event won't repeat itself on Saturday. I think there's also a high probability you'll be passed off the park again.

How come Queens only finished fourth? Can't believe there are three better teams in the league.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's assume we had put any 3 of the excellent chances we missed in the net. Would you still be moaning about the ref after 2 days? Your team got off lightly this week. There's a high probability that the 'penalty' event won't repeat itself on Saturday. I think there's also a high probability you'll be passed off the park again.

Again the point of what I said has been totally missed.  If we win tomorrow 1-0 we will go down because of the dodgy penalty.  The whole just forget the penalty incident as they almost scored a few others is nonsense.

I fully expect us to get humped tomorrow as I've little faith in Nish's tactics.  Spence can't be left up top on his own to chase high balls 90 minutes every week.

How come Queens only finished fourth? Can't believe there are three better teams in the league.

"better" is a bit subjective as there were 4 teams chasing the three play-off places. Annan (who finished 5th) owned us, but in turn we owned Clyde. Wednesday was probably our best game of the season in terms of hunger and desire, and therein lies the key........nothing between ourselves, Clyde or Elgin (albeit greatly contrasting styles of play!), and in the play-offs it's quite often the team that shows they want it most that gets through their ties. I can appreciate Cowden fans moaning about the ref, their team's lack of pace and skill, but all those aspects are part of the game...........what should never be tolerated is a lack of effort, especially when the consequences of defeat are relegation!

Again the point of what I said has been totally missed.  If we win tomorrow 1-0 we will go down because of the dodgy penalty.  The whole just forget the penalty incident as they almost scored a few others is nonsense.

I fully expect us to get humped tomorrow as I've little faith in Nish's tactics.  Spence can't be left up top on his own to chase high balls 90 minutes every week.

So we go Spence, Caldwell & Nish up front!

^^^ Hasn't seen our pitch.

The facts are you didn't put any of them away and got a second goal because of an atrocious decision. You can play as well as you want and create as many good chances as you want and it counts for nothing if you don't convert them.

Not sure what point you're trying to make about the penalty event not repeating itself.

Tbh, doubt pitch condition or size will come into it. Our away record is good and Hampden pitch has been shite for most of the season - passing not been the problem, just scoring goals ( but you’ll have seen that on Wednesday)

Tbh, doubt pitch condition or size will come into it. Our away record is good and Hampden pitch has been shite for most of the season - passing not been the problem, just scoring goals ( but you’ll have seen that on Wednesday)

I was making reference to the .... You'll be passed off the park again" comment. Even a Pars team who are much better than Queens struggled to play football on that surface. You may well beat us but don't expect to be able to play a silky passing game on a tattie field.

You've been spoilt if you think the Hampden Park is shite.

You've been spoilt if you think the Hampden Park is shite.

Not really, seen us play on all sorts of surfaces over the years. Hampden is fine now but it was poor for a long period of time this season, certainly in comparison to good grass pitches like East Fife and Stirling.

Heading along to this, hoping against hope that somehow Cowden will get out of this mess. I remember sitting in Legends after that playoff game, genuinely terrified that Cowden would kick on, leaving us behind as the third team of Fife. It seems unfathomable that just two years on, the same team that dismantled us at EEP is on the verge of the fourth tier, and fourth spot in the Fife rankings.

It's not over yet though, score the first goal and anything is possible.

It's been a truly remarkable year for sport in Fife and if Cowden somehow get out of this hole that the club has fallen in, it will complete this tremendous year for our region.

COME ON COWDEN! Fife family

We were very competent against the better teams who came to Hampden to play football. There were a lot of games against lower teams, who came to Hampden to camp, where we dominated heavily but as you saw we have a bit of a problem with converting attempts into goals. 10 points vs 1 against Clyde; EF 7 v 4; Elgin 6 v 3. All good. Shire 6 v 6; Mo 5 v 5; 2 v 8 against Berwick. Shite!

Should also highlight we were in second position going into the last game. So you can kind of take it as a compliment that we played so well the other night  :wub:

The point our coach was making in his post-match comments related to the fact that a good rump of our current team came up from the Juniors. They might well have a period of settling early in the game but they'll be familiar with both surface and surroundings. It's the fans who'll suffer most. Most awaydays in L2 we have the pleasure of being touch-close to the pitch. Central Park is something different.

Mind you. some of our lot won't actually see much of the game until the drink wears off a bit  :rolleyes:

1 is ok, but the other 2 would get football stopped.

It wasn't a serious suggestion, but with everyone moaning about Spence being up top on his own, Nish will surely have to go for it. Problem is we've no strikers of note to play alongside him. Do we have anyone in the youth team that knows how to score? If they did I suppose they would have appeared in the first 11 by now given how dire we've been this season!

Archived