Queen's Park v Cowdenbeath / Cowdenbeath v Queen's Park

Never a penalty.

For hopefully the first and last time, I completely agree with you. By far the best tackle of the match, and conceded a penalty. 

We completely bossed the game, aside from a 5 minute spell in the first half where we seemed intent on giving the ball away on the edge of our own box. As an86 says the overall performance was pleasing but Duggan had a brilliant game, only let down by hitting the post when it looked easier to score and complete his hat-trick. Going to miss the game on Saturday due to work but based on tonights performance I'm confident the boys will see it out.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having just returned from Hampden I can honestly say Queens Park should have won 5 nil easily.

Well done to Queens who were set up to win whilst our players played like a bunch of little school boys which is an absolute slap in the face to everyone connected to the club

As For Nish saying we will go all out attack well again he has made himself look absolutely incompetent and should be dismissed immediately as yet another horror show tonight.

If we as a club want to get more people through the gates then the brand of football if you can even call it football under Nish isn't going to attract fresh blood into the fanbase while Nish is at the helm.

2 nil down first leg where we don't look like scoring we don't look interested we don't seem to know how to defend we are potentially heading now to the League Two with a pyramid system and tonight showed we can't compete against a 4th placed League two side!

We can't take anymore of this BS for the sake of our future for our club

I don't think many will disagree that Nish has to go

Looks to me like the players have downed tools. Nish was supposed to be lifting them and sending them out for attacking football. We get the same ponderous 4-5-1 long ball shite we've seen all season that has worked spectacularly well. Think their keeper made one save tonight.

It's a miracle that it took a couple of absolute howlers from the ref to give Queens a second goal from the spot. Minimum of 5 other gilt edged chances should have been tucked away. Reminded me of the performance at Tynecastle last season.

No idea how its possible but we are getting steadily worse and only a miracle will stop us being relegated on Saturday.

Correct 316. Nish needs to go followed by releasing Caldwell, Yaqub, Donaldson, Beaumont, Milne, El Zubadi, Scullion, Kane, Allin, Hughes, CJ. Big clearout needed. No point in appointing a new manager with those donkeys around.

Think the club should give Dair caretaker manager for Saturday and start to look for another manager for next season. Hell give me the chance in the dugout on Saturday as if that was me in the dressing room at half and full time there would be no paint left on the walls as there doesn't appear to be any winners and players taking our club for a ride with performances like that

If Queens play attacking football which they look dangerous at we will be dead and buried by half time.

We should have been out of sight at half time, never mind after 90. Didn't see much from Cowden to worry me about Saturday but you never know - if they get the first goal, it could start to get squeaky.

Biggest chuckle of the night for me was Brown getting waved to the far touchline to then get subbed off. The boy just didn't understand what was going on😆

We should have been out of sight at half time, never mind after 90. Didn't see much from Cowden to worry me about Saturday but you never know - if they get the first goal, it could start to get squeaky.

Biggest chuckle of the night for me was Brown getting waved to the far touchline to then get subbed off. The boy just didn't understand what was going on😆

You guys played very well tonight and a credit to your players.

Your team looked hungry to win and looked dangerous. Your team also looked set up with the majority of your team knowing their role in the game.

Our team embarrassingly looked like a Sunday League outfit and should be ashamed of their performance tonight however the writing has been on the wall for sometime that we were facing relegation.

The only negative thing from your team is you had chances to put this tie to bed

Good luck on Saturday as from tonight's display and from most of our performances this season we fully deserve to be relegated.

I just hope my team show some guts and fighting spirit for the good of our club on Saturday but regrettably I have no confidence in the team or the manager

You don't know our board. Donald was talking about signing up most of the squad again for next season. I couldn't believe that one until confirmation at AGM. Nish more than likely will be given another season to make the playoffs next year to get us into the Lowland leagues. Depressing time to be a Cowden fan.

If so, I may apply for some volunteer jobs in the club like  cooking food, cleaning toilet and s on as well as renewing season ticket and sponsorship :)

You guys played very well tonight and a credit to your players.

Your team looked hungry to win and looked dangerous. Your team also looked set up with the majority of your team knowing their role in the game.

Our team embarrassingly looked like a Sunday League outfit and should be ashamed of their performance tonight however the writing has been on the wall for sometime that we were facing relegation.

The only negative thing from your team is you had chances to put this tie to bed

Good luck on Saturday as from tonight's display and from most of our performances this season we fully deserve to be relegated.

I just hope my team show some guts and fighting spirit for the good of our club on Saturday but regrettably I have no confidence in the team or the manager

Said it before but guts and fighting spirit wont cut it anymore. The players and manager just aren't good enough. No amount of effort will make up for lack of ability and tactical ineptitude. Been on the slide since Ibrox and are getting gradually worse. Doomed. Clearout and new gaffer and rebuild.

Remember before the New Year derby when Cowden fans thought they had a decent shout at getting into the top four?

Or with three games to go when they thought with a bit of luck they could sneak into the promotion play-offs with a final day win at Stranraer?

Good times. Good fucking times.

How can anyone, football person or not, say we should keep the manager and players we have. That is utter stupidity. We were a absolute shambles last night, have been all season and were last season. If they keep Nish on next season you can shove it. I don't need my own club taking the piss.

Wasn't expecting much from Cowdenbeath from what I'd read on here but was absolutely stunned at how bad they were.

Full backs constantly caught upfield, centre halves who couldn't run and simple passes rolling straight out of touch all over the park. They were guff and up there with one of the worst I've seen at Hampden this season.

As for QP, Gus made the right call dropping McVey for Bradley and we looked dangerous all night.

Should have scored more than two as has been said but our boys can be proud of how they played (particularly Duggan and Woods, outstanding).

All looks promising for Saturday and if we can get a goal to kill the tie early doors we'll cruise into the final.

Wasn't expecting much from Cowdenbeath from what I'd read on here but was absolutely stunned at how bad they were.

Full backs constantly caught upfield, centre halves who couldn't run and simple passes rolling straight out of touch all over the park. They were guff and up there with one of the worst I've seen at Hampden this season.

As for QP, Gus made the right call dropping McVey for Bradley and we looked dangerous all night.

Should have scored more than two as has been said but our boys can be proud of how they played (particularly Duggan and Woods, outstanding).

All looks promising for Saturday and if we can get a goal to kill the tie early doors we'll cruise into the final.

Thought it very odd your manager was getting his players to waste time in the last quarter. Could have just buried us. Don't get me wrong, you are comfortably through either way.

No question at all these boys are going for promotion. Some excellent football last night but the teamwork was highly efficient too. If the guys can maintain both at last night's level - and we know we do better against teams who come out to win - we've a decent chance of promotion.

Five or six would have been a fairer reflection but that's been the case a few times this season. The tighter margin will make for a good travelling support on Saturday. Like an86 I hope Gus continues his tactical reformation and we bury Cowdenbeath but eithr way I don't see our defence giving 3 to this team.

Blue Brazil? I'm reminded more of Zaire.

Archived