Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No ones was going to hack him down. the guy has Enough skill to walk past the fans playing today (no offence lads)

he was out getting a feel for the 3g pitch for the year ahead 🙊

I know it's against the swally but he looked like the old gow still has pace and can spread the ball well....if the club sign him it shows ambition

Serious question. If the Club were happy for Gow to turn out today is there any real possibility that we are intending to sign him?

Bryan Prunty was allowed to play in the match last year and that was a week before pre-season training was due to start. I wouldn't read too much into it in that respect.

He was outstanding today, no-one got close to him, and that includes the legends he was up against in the 2nd half.

It certainly seems like he wants to sign, we're his first choice, there are other clubs interested and we're just waiting on the club making a decision.

It's getting more and more frightening. The boy daly on Twitter talking about us in regards the thistle game not being on the telly but still nothing official. Gow is he or not. McBride saying there's a few things in the offing but nothing to be announced until over the line which is fair enough. The silence is deafening. And when you see other clubs getting there houses in order quickly, just hope there is a plan in place.

Wullie McLaren played well for the legends too - think we should sign him?

How about Doc - the tide turned with him changing sides at half time after all.

Seeing Gow take the piss out of amateur defenders is hardly an indicator that he'll be successful for the 1st team. Not saying for a minute he would be bad, but basing the idea of him being good on 10 year old memories and today's kickabout is mental.

Wullie McLaren played well for the legends too - think we should sign him?.

he's bein back and could not keep his place in a shite team that year and droped to the juniors.... Gow on the other hand is miles above him with other clubs looking at him .

would be worth a punt could be the attacking mid we are looking for

he's bein back and could not keep his place in a shite team that year and droped to the juniors.... Gow on the other hand is miles above him with other clubs looking at him .

would be worth a punt could be the attacking mid we are looking for

Which is exactly my point - we KNOW McLaren is finished at this level, both he and Gow stood out as clearly talented in today's match - that does not on its own say anything about their potential to be the player we are "looking for" as an actual professional footballer.

With that being said, I'd pass on Gow personally - clearly a very good footballer on his day but too injury prone for me. We need our experienced players to play 30 games a season and I'd have no faith in Gow's fitness given his record in recent years.

He's not past it anyways played at higher levels since he left airdrie and it could be the drop down in standard that he needs to shine again. Where as mclaren's head was never in it when he came back and it shows by dropping out down to the jr's (not even to a good team ) a second division team that had never won a title until this year

providing gows fitness is good he will do a turn for us and could pass on a trick or two to the youngsters

He's not past it anyways played at higher levels since he left airdrie and it could be the drop down in standard that he needs to shine again. Where as mclaren's head was never in it when he came back and it shows by dropping out down to the jr's (not even to a good team ) a second division team that had never won a title until this year

providing gows fitness is good he will do a turn for us and could pass on a trick or two to the youngsters

Let's get Gow signed up. Let's get anyone signed up.

I just want something to talk about.

Gow had been training with us and told the club he's available. He's now waiting on the club.

As Kerr says, he's as fit as a flea and at 33 years old he's equivalent to a 45 year old Portuguese.

I think it's a great sign that the club are being patient and not diving in. Why else would we not be snapping up such a sublime talent?

McLaren looked like a world beater tearing gartcairn apart for forth juniors. He's still fit himself even though he isnt too interested. Forth got the best out of him by playing as the 2nd striker.

Hearing guys like mad dog McGowan say "active players" shouldn't really be playing in those games says it all. Gow still looks an athlete.

McLaren looked like a world beater tearing gartcairn apart for forth juniors. He's still fit himself even though he isnt too interested. Forth got the best out of him by playing as the 2nd striker.

Hearing guys like mad dog McGowan say "active players" shouldn't really be playing in those games says it all. Gow still looks an athlete.

Willie ripped most teams apart last season scoring a goal a game average as Forth won their first junior league title for 36 years. He is already a legend at Forth ! As an aside Forth won their title playing 4 17 year olds in their starting line-up. Notice it's been said In this thread that your youngsters aren't ready for first team football. Hooking up with a junior team might get your u20's gametime in a fiercely competitive environment which they probably don't get in the development league.

McLaren left Airdrie because bollan and mcclaren didn't get on. Read a few comments saying Willie didn't seem interested. I have to say I disagree he was tracking back in his last spell at the club which he didn't do when he was younger. McLaren lost a yard of pace but his ability I would never question and he could change a game.

McLaren left Airdrie because bollan and mcclaren didn't get on. Read a few comments saying Willie didn't seem interested. I have to say I disagree he was tracking back in his last spell at the club which he didn't do when he was younger. McLaren lost a yard of pace but his ability I would never question and he could change a game.

Lovering used to tell McLaren to stay up the pitch and let him defend on his own. McLaren was never the lazy wee shite he was made out to be.

Archived