Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What age was the airdrie fan that passed away. Both sides could have a minutes applause for him to tie in with his age v game clock on sat??!

Same killer of my dad at 69 not long ago. Sorry for being so hard but how much money does cancer research need in past 20yrs.?! Makes you wonder. RIP

What age was the airdrie fan that passed away. Both sides could have a minutes applause for him to tie in with his age v game clock on sat??!

Same killer of my dad at 69 not long ago. Sorry for being so hard but how much money does cancer research need in past 20yrs.?! Makes you wonder. RIP

49 I think I'm sure others will confirm

I think we need 2 centre half's as we need cover in that position and I don't want us to go down the route of playing players out of position. Gow ticks all the boxes can play midfield or upfront. If we sign gow I wouldn't look to sign another striker,unless better than we allready have but I would say that for any position in the team. A out out Winger would be my other priority.

Why 2 centre halfs? Cairns is a good enough back up.

Why 2 centre halfs? Cairns is a good enough back up.

Gorman is the only expeirenced centre half we have. I seen both young centre halfs play against Edmonton one impressed me whilst the other one did not. It is not to say Cairns is not good enough but do I think either of our young centre half are ready to play on regualr basis no. It would only take one bad injury to Gorman and your then going with very a inexpeirenced back line at this present time. Don't get me wrong that is my view you may feel Cairns is more than ready and i hope he is the same goes for Higgins who has shwo potential time will tell. We will get better idea when cup games start.

I hope these young boys don't get ruined and are just used as jersey fillers. At end of the day we are looking for players to get us promoted, which means winning games on a regular basis. This isn't a criticism, but as some people on here say we need to encourage and not get on the backs of these boys, but what is our objective this season.

Can somebody that knows the u20s clarify exactly what position each of them play?

All 3 of the boys that played CB against Gala looked pretty good, all impressive with the ball at their feet.

Higgins rb

Cairns CB

Mcintosh cdm

McLaughlin cm (attacking)

Loudon rm

Reilly st

Mcintosh and Higgins certainly were standouts last week and have been tipped to be in the team. Mcintosh especially thought he looked really good on the ball

There's no doubting McIntoshs ability but he's very weak in the air and not very brave in the tackle, as for Higgins he's 6 months younger than O'neil but he's a cheaper option although he's nowhere near as good

I always thought getting rid of O'neil strange. As it was clear to see he was our best home grown talent we had. Best right back we had at Airdrie, Weatherspoon made a point of bringing through home grown talent and this season we have saw O'neil, Watt, Cadden and even Bain leave. Strange to say the least. Mcintosh looks certain to make a break through this year though

Archived