Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Came as a bit of a surprise to me that he wasn't already signed given that he was named on the teamsheet last week. Makes the position of Daly even more mysterious.

on the Airdrie website they were just waiting on clearance.

I didn't know Mark personally, but I had nothing but respect and admiration for the work he did and the strength and courage with which he faced his illness.

Maybe someone who did know him can do an appreciation for the next OTL?

I'm talking about our chances for the league

Unless there's at least 3 signings of decent pedigree then I'm with you on this one, Alloa and Stranraer already looking strong, Brechin have drastically improved and Livi are an absolute unknown quantity like ourselves.

We could be challenging, or we could be 5th.

I sincerely hope if McBride is in the dugout for the foreseeable future, he does himself and Airdrie a favour by having a good season, raising his own stock and having us competing at the right end of the table.

We need at least 3 more quality signings but I expect us to confirm more signings. I just hope we get at least a play off position and maintain a challenge.

Well they better hurry up we need another centre half a right back centre mid Alan gow and a left winger

Well they better hurry up we need another centre half a right back centre mid Alan gow and a left winger

Tbh I think Higgins will be our RB for the season. Liked the look of him against Gala last weekend, not scared to get stuck in.

Agree we need to get a centre half, creative midfielder and a winger signed up soon.

Russell can play wide left too, he seemed to play there for large parts of last weeks game.

On another note, we had a closed door friendly the other night. Any idea who it was against?

Tbh I think Higgins will be our RB for the season. Liked the look of him against Gala last weekend, not scared to get stuck in.

Agree we need to get a centre half, creative midfielder and a winger signed up soon.

Russell can play wide left too, he seemed to play there for large parts of last weeks game.

On another note, we had a closed door friendly the other night. Any idea who it was against?

Think it was a bounce game between the squads

I think we need 2 centre half's as we need cover in that position and I don't want us to go down the route of playing players out of position. Gow ticks all the boxes can play midfield or upfront. If we sign gow I wouldn't look to sign another striker,unless better than we allready have but I would say that for any position in the team. A out out Winger would be my other priority.

I think you're thinking of Gow 10 years ago Cooper. If he's fit enough to sign he'll be a midfield player now.

I think at this level Gow is still more than capable of playing upfront, but time will tell. 

Archived