Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LonglivetheKING

Why would we be due compensation? (Serious question).

He went through the youth ranks at Celtic and was released at 19/20 and then joined QoS?

Just like Watt (Dundee utd) and Cadden (Motherwell) who we want compo for.

Guest LonglivetheKING

What is going on now?

Are we signing a central defender? What is happening with Coogans? That burd from the trust said on the facebook page he was signing.

Nervous going into the new season given last weeks argy bargy. Seems like the Chairman Tom has finally realised the King and Black are hopeless charlatans who were taking the piss though it seems like McBride will have a lot of work to sort out their sorry mistakes.

Even in the last 3 games of the season Lennon went for his own style of play instead of EWB / King's and won 3 out of 3.

Writing has been on the wall. Hopefully Wotherspoon and McBride get a chance to get the ship righted before the important games start.

Guest LonglivetheKING

But Watt and Cadden have been with us from 17 and 16 respectively?

They were still with other clubs before us, I thought that was the point you were making?

What is going on now?

Are we signing a central defender? What is happening with Coogans? That burd from the trust said on the facebook page he was signing.

Nervous going into the new season given last weeks argy bargy. Seems like the Chairman Tom has finally realised the King and Black are hopeless charlatans who were taking the piss though it seems like McBride will have a lot of work to sort out their sorry mistakes.

Even in the last 3 games of the season Lennon went for his own style of play instead of EWB / King's and won 3 out of 3.

Writing has been on the wall. Hopefully Wotherspoon and McBride get a chance to get the ship righted before the important games start.

Apparently coogans is training with us

We will get compo for watt and cadden because they have played for the club for a certain amount of years and that we offered them a contract which they rejected. They are also under 23, so we will get some sort of money for both.

We knew very quickly King and ewb were never in a million years going to be up to the job. The downside to all this regarding the chairman is , does he now need to throw a lot more money to the team to get them to the top end of the championship in the 3 years as was his goal at the start. If he doesn't put more money to the squad and we then have to go with what we have ,does anybody think we will progress, or, should we now panic? Me personally thinks that teams that get out this league are made up of experienced and journeymen pros. Or will we land lucky and the young boys make the big step up.

Anyone heard anything about this Lewis Kidd guy? QoS supporters on here seemed adamant he was signing for us a week or two ago but heard nothing since.

Seemingly off to Falkirk.

We knew very quickly King and ewb were never in a million years going to be up to the job. The downside to all this regarding the chairman is , does he now need to throw a lot more money to the team to get them to the top end of the championship in the 3 years as was his goal at the start. If he doesn't put more money to the squad and we then have to go with what we have ,does anybody think we will progress, or, should we now panic? Me personally thinks that teams that get out this league are made up of experienced and journeymen pros. Or will we land lucky and the young boys make the big step up.

I had my doubts about this pairing from the start and have kept this wariness - but was one of those shouted down for being negative. I take it the plan is still to progress with EWB as manager? The chairman seemed to back him completely....

Taking into account the length of time EWB was in hospital we can assume his stroke was not a minor one. I doubt if he will ever be back in charge of the team on a Saturday. I would also think that from his point of view it would not be something he should do. The last thing someone who has a stroke needs is to be abused by several hundred people.

Reading the 6 months in article, EWB was King's pal and introduced (deliberately on purpose) to TW.   Then a plan put in place to succeed Bollan who was in EWB/King's road.    Therefore I'd say King has sold TW a lemon and TW has finally sussed it out and got rid of the muppet.

I think McBride is TW's man via the connection with Love.   McBride recently described in media as doing his own pre season routine and ditched EWBs template.    Guessing that McBride has revolted at being King/EWB's puppet and not wanting to be stigmatised in his first management post by their mistakes.  Would imagine his agent  would have insisted on that.

I think the owner /chairman has gone up highly in my opinion.

A move upstairs for EWB would suit everyone best. He's not up to the manager's job health wise or ability wise.

Why is he needed?  If his ailment is as bad as we think he should have critical illness cover.   He was doing an awful job, we had the worst issues with players we ever had that I can remember.  And they've caused the issues with budget with their fucking awful judgement already.

Let McBride get on with the job now and cut ties with those muppets already.

It's clear and has been for a while that the squad isn't good enough for promotion. Guys like Faria, Fitzpatrick and Brown should not be there and there are too many unproven youth players. Thankfully, there's still time to fix things and hopefully there's the money now too now that King is gone.

It's clear and has been for a while that the squad isn't good enough for promotion. Guys like Faria, Fitzpatrick and Brown should not be there and there are too many unproven youth players. Thankfully, there's still time to fix things and hopefully there's the money now too now that King is gone.

The problem is all these players who aren't good enough,have 2 year contracts

I think you're being a bit unfair to Fiztpatrick Airdrieman. He's been made captain by 3 different managers so he can't be that bad. He can play in several positions and he is experienced, an attribute which is in short supply in the current squad.

Archived