Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Can't believe I am writing this but people need to f**k off with the abuse of Cooper now. Everything he/she posts is being targeted for abuse which makes for more uneasy reading than the original post itself.

If you don't want to read it simply put Cooper on ignore. I did my fair share of laughing so I know this will come accross as hypocritical but as time goes on you can see there are issues there that shouldn't be poked fun at. Its not nice and its a growing trend were people are talking down to someone becuase its the easy thing to do. Im not the most intelligent myself as my posting history will clearly show but we all make an arse of it from time to time. Its not even as if its witty banter or light hearted fun. Its just abusing a poster who appears to be trying their best and said poster hasn't once went on the offensive to anyone in return. Its like kicking a puppy f**k sake.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe I am writing this but people need to f**k off with the abuse of Cooper now. Everything he/she posts is being targeted for abuse which makes for more uneasy reading than the original post itself.

If you don't want to read it simply put Cooper on ignore. I did my fair share of laughing so I know this will come accross as hypocritical but as time goes on you can see there are issues there that shouldn't be poked fun at. Its not nice and its a growing trend were people are talking down to someone becuase its the easy thing to do. Im not the most intelligent myself as my posting history will clearly show but we all make an arse of it from time to time. Its not even as if its witty banter or light hearted fun. Its just abusing a poster who appears to be trying their best and said poster hasn't once went on the offensive to anyone in return. Its like kicking a puppy f**k sa

The problem with some people is that they don't realise that everyone is entitled to their own views on football whether they agree or disagree. I could sit here and type perfect grammar however I won't as it is football forum not a English essay.  You make a very valid point if people don't want to read my posts they can easily block my messages. I have spoken to other Airdrie supporters who simply won't sign up to football forums because the backlash you could possibly face if you have the bottle to say something knowing their is strong possibility a majority will disagree with your comments. I would rather have poor grammar then result to giving someone abuse over a computer just because I don't agree with them. That is why when some people feel the need to result to abuse it's water of ducks back as I am smart enough to know that they are looking for myself to get into a slagging match rather than a football discussion. 

Anyway back to football, majority on here wouldn't consider Donnelly and I understand why he got to big for his boots ( 3 years ago), and a supporter of other football team ( earlier post) seen him recently and pretty much said he was not very impressive. 

Liam Coogans going by posts on here the majority would have us sign him, but what has Coogans done, struggled to get in the Brechin team.

I have also seen some fans on here like stats. I feel both players careers have went backwards but for both they can still make it if they knuckle down and work hard.

Coogans appearances 33 games return of 4 goals

Donnelly appearances 124 games return 37 Goals

Donnelly has the more impressive record.  I know some people find it crazy I suggested Donnelly, really I don't see the harm in the club having a look at him and I think the club should be looking at all available players within our budget. I would suggest the club bring him in on trial. My reason is simple the season Donnelly banged in 20 plus goals he was sharp and he was full of energy it wasn't freak incident not only was he scoring he was playing well the following season he seemed to lack a yard or two of pace and the relationship with Jimmy Boyle just went down hill. I just believe if Donnelly attitude is good now full time football could get him back to being as sharp and full of energy as he was before. I said it on earlier post that season he was finishing goals like Coyle.

On football matters 

Regards to in league very rarely will you find the completed player. The league were in you either have to overspend or you have to give some players a chance, whether their had spell out injured or just lost their way. You then have young players but it's also hard to measure the progress they will make as some will improve quicker than others. The league we are in man management is a big deal.

From a good source who is usually right with his Queens news you are signing Lewis Kidd.

Very good wing back will be a great signing for you.

You are offering players 2 year deals we only ever offer 1 year.

Regards to in league very rarely will you find the completed player. The league were in you either have to overspend or you have to give some players a chance, whether their had spell out injured or just lost their way. You then have young players but it's also hard to measure the progress they will make as some will improve quicker than others. The league we are in man management is a big deal.

Honestly, just a quick read over before posting would probably stop you getting as much stick as you do. It's worth a try, no?

From a good source who is usually right with his Queens news you are signing Lewis Kidd.Very good wing back will be a great signing for you.You are offering players 2 year deals we only ever offer 1 year.

Sounds like a really positive signing.

From a good source who is usually right with his Queens news you are signing Lewis Kidd. Very good wing back will be a great signing for you. You are offering players 2 year deals we only ever offer 1 year.

You haven't got a clue what we offer. Are both goalkeepers not moving into year two of two year deals?

Airdrieonians Supporters Trust - in conjunction with KitAid Charity - are proud and excited to reveal details of this years' football strip amnesty in the town.

Exactly one month from now is Airdrie Fair Day - which is planned to be the biggest for many years, with the entire town centre being closed off. And in conjunction with this, we want to make this Strip Amnesty the biggest ever.

In the last two years, we have sent out nearly 8000 pieces of kit to some of the poorest countries in the world, and in return, managed to distribute nearly 1000 season tickets to children in the area. We have managed to change lives at home and abroad, and should be immensely proud. We can do better though!

This year, and for the 1st time ever, we will be distributing flyers for the Strip Amnesty to every single schoolchild in North Lanarkshire - that's 48550 kids - learning about Airdrieonians, and the KitAid cause.

As with everything though, this is a team effort, and we are now looking for as many willing helpers as possible to help out.

What we need !
1.) Immediately - we have 10000 flyers advertising KitAid. Can you take some to distribute in your work/local shop/church/childrens dance class, football team, bb's etc? Can you help ?
2.) 18th-20th June, will be looking for some volunteers to help go around town centres and villages putting posters up in the town shops. Can you help ?
3.) Monday 20th June at 8pm. We are looking for as many people as possible to turn their Facebook Avatar to the KitAid poster for 2 weeks up until Fair Day. If we co-ordinate this at once, it should really get the message across. Will you help ?
4.) Saturday July 2nd - looking for as many people to help out on Fair Day as possible. From manning the Trust stall, to handing out flyers, to just hanging around looking happy and wearing colours. Can you help ?
5.) Date tbc in August - we will be doing the Strip Count, before sending the items to KitAid HQ to be distributed across the globe. We will be looking to cover the entire East Stand at Broomfield, and hopefully cross into one of the stands behind the goals. Can you help?

As with before, we can only emphasise that absolutely ANY STRIP will do...Airdrie, Gartcairn, Rangers, Celtic, Scotland, BB's, school, etc etc. They will all be gratefully received !

Any other publicity or help you can think of....anything at all....please let us know. No idea is too daft!

Please get on board with this, and let's make this another massive success. Let's see plenty strips heading to Africa, and plenty kids at the games next season for free!

13315420_10153731811732252_4089109761277

If you don't want to read it simply put Cooper on ignore. I did my fair share of laughing so I know this will come accross as hypocritical but as time goes on you can see there are issues there that shouldn't be poked fun at. Its not nice and its a growing trend were people are talking down to someone becuase its the easy thing to do. Im not the most intelligent myself as my posting history will clearly show but we all make an arse of it from time to time. Its not even as if its witty banter or light hearted fun. Its just abusing a poster who appears to be trying their best and said poster hasn't once went on the offensive to anyone in return. Its like kicking a puppy f**k sake.

In some ways I agree with you however its the amount of posts Cooper makes. Every thread about Airdrie is ruined with him making post, after post, after post...... 

Does anyone know when our friendlies start which are open to the public.

Don't know if it's the first but we play Gala away on Saturday 18 June. Must be close to it. Spartans away on Tuesday 5 July too. Can't remember what the others were.

Looking forward to the Gala game, never been to a game there before.  Unfortunately won't be able to be at the Spartans game.

According to the Clyde website, the game against them will be at Broadwood on Saturday the 2nd of July, and will be open to the public. 

Archived