Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chairman stated clearly their will be NO loan signings.

No he didn't, what he said was that we'd only be signing loan players if they felt there was an option to make it permanent at the end of said players contract.

I would agree with that however( what chairman is saying) I find it highly unlikely we will sign anyone on loan.

You're a drivelling mess. How exactly can you come away with that? We are a Scottish league 1 club and clubs like ours rightly or wrongly thrive on the loan market. The chairman never said we wouldn't have any loan players this season at any point.

You're a drivelling mess. How exactly can you come away with that? We are a Scottish league 1 club and clubs like ours rightly or wrongly thrive on the loan market. The chairman never said we wouldn't have any loan players this season at any point.

The chairman as you said would only consider a loan signing if it became permanent. Do you think the loan signings we had in the past would come to us permanently Fraser, casperato,Lindsay. My point is most clubs who have good players to loan out won't want to let go of the player after the loan period is up. You will generally find it will be exceptionally hard to find a good loan player who doesn't have a future at their respective club. Look at our loan signings from last season the ones you could have kept would have been sumsky.

The chairman as you said would only consider a loan signing if it became permanent. Do you think the loan signings we had in the past would come to us permanently Fraser, casperato,Lindsay. My point is most clubs who have good players to loan out won't want to let go of the player after the loan period is up. You will generally find it will be exceptionally hard to find a good loan player who doesn't have a future at their respective club. Look at our loan signings from last season the ones you could have kept would have been sumsky.

But you said that the chairman said that there would be 'NO' loan signings. Make up your mind.

We did thrive on loan signings past sense. My comment at the moment is backed up by fact their is no loan signings or even a rumour of it.

Looking back a few years it would tell you that loan signings tend to happen later than squad building signings but aye you batter in and keep listening for runoursðŸ‘ðŸ»

None of the players you have quoted were here under the current owner.

What on earth is your point caller?

I'm not aware that the Chairman said no loan players. In fact at the Q and A that he would only take on loan players he hoped to be able to sign in due course.

However, I think he was setting out his wishes which may be changed by circumstances. At present if we don't sign a few more experienced players we may have no option but sign some loan players regardless of their long term prospects.

None of the players you have quoted were here under the current owner.

What on earth is your point caller?

Also we have to pick up on the fact that Scott Fraser was out the picture towards the end of this season at Dundee United and Gasparotto was released by Rangers at the end of the this season. I'm not going to say they'd definitely come to Airdrie on a permanent basis because lets face they will get deals elsewhere but it shows you that the loan market could be great for the club if done in the right manner.

If there was absolutely any chance of signing Fraser, I'd hope the board would make every attempt possible but I'm under no illusions. I'd happily conclude all transfer business if Luca and Fraser signed.

This

Archived