Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Did Fitz not play in back 4 in previous existence?

Clearly the Club did not envisage so many under 20s given the offers made to the players who eventually signed for Livy. We badly need a few experienced players signed up.

I'm also worried about whether Gorman will eventually turn up. There's been nothing said about him recently on the official site.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly the Club did not envisage so many under 20s given the offers made to the players who eventually signed for Livy. We badly need a few experienced players signed up.

I'm also worried about whether Gorman will eventually turn up. There's been nothing said about him recently on the official site.

Sure he played LB a few times and fairly sure that was where he was played at Morton, sadly don't remember him being that great there and we already have a LB so would need to play him out of position as well, don't think he is the right kind of player to be playing in defence anyway.

I hope I am wrong but I have a sneaky feeling that we will bring in maybe only another 1 or 2 players and the squad above is what we will have for the season

If we're aiming for promotion, surely we will bring in at least 5 more experienced players. Still over a week till pre season training starts, and a week is a long time in football.

If we're aiming for promotion, surely we will bring in at least 5 more experienced players. Still over a week till pre season training starts, and a week is a long time in football.

Tbh 5 is never going to happen, they said back when we announced it that there would 16 first team and 8 apprentices. We currently have 14 first team and 9 apprentices, the budget will only stretch so far till it becomes unsustainable. If by signing a lot of the under 20's we have left a pot of cash for two decent defenders/ creative mid and defender then I would be happy with that.

Gorman is signed and contracted he will turn up.

Guest LonglivetheKING

McBride said on website 2-3 players I believe when be said that statement he meant 2-3 senior pros. I would expect other 2 to be signed. I am sure one will be a centre half and probably a winger.

Are you the club's unnofficial spokesman or moron with verbosity?

It's becoming apparent that Crighton and Lithgow were pretty important to the initial plans, if for nothing else, their experience. Had they re-signed along with Cadden, our business would probably be just about done by now.

With all of that being said, it just means the club need to re-focus a wee bit and find another 2 or 3 suitable players with the right experience in the areas we need strengthened.

Obviously the squad looks very inexperienced on paper (because it is), but this was always the way we were going this season. Come the 16th of July we just need to get behind these lads and give them our support.

I'm sure you'll all find that even if we only sign 2 or 3 others for now, I think we'll be planning to raid the loan market again (4 players available?)

Chairman stated clearly their will be NO loan signings.

Archived