Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Cooper's going to wet his frillys with excitement.

Pmsl wouldn't go that far. I do believe though in next or two he could break into first team squad. Connor, cammy, Robbie also good signings IMO.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe conversations on if a player is genuine supporter of the club. I think it's pretty obvious Iain Russell was Airdrie fan as a child, prunty was a Celtic fan as a kid but had affection for Airdrie, cox family supported Airdrie so the guy has soft spot for Airdrie.

Can't believe conversations on if a player is genuine supporter of the club. I think it's pretty obvious Iain Russell was Airdrie fan as a child, prunty was a Celtic fan as a kid but had affection for Airdrie, cox family supported Airdrie so the guy has soft spot for Airdrie.

Prunty didn't support Celtic he supports Airdrie I know I was in his year at school

A new low, squabbling about whether a player's "supporters credentials" meet muster! He clearly has an affinity for the club. End of. Get a grip.

Fans falling out over what clubs players support. Seen it all. Who gives a flying f**k who supports who. They can support who ever they like. As long as they can do a job on the park thats all that counts.

Unless they are "Airdrie minded" They shouldn't be playing for the club! :blink:

Sound familiar Wee Diamond 90 ? 8)

Eh? Was more questioning why he we were signing someone at 33 year old and was one of my reasons, didnt come out swinging sayin we should only sign airdrie fans.... Again who cares?

I must have imagined him being the only man in Airdrie Academy running about in a Celtic top. Airdrie diehard....

100% correct Celtic supporter or at least he was when he was at the Academy.

100% correct Celtic supporter or at least he was when he was at the Academy.

Correct but as he got older I think he started to become more of Airdrie fan as you would se him at games when he didn't play for us if team he had at that time didn't have a match. I don't care who he supported, the guy has a great attitude.

Correct but as he got older I think he started to become more of Airdrie fan as you would se him at games when he didn't play for us if team he had at that time didn't have a match. I don't care who he supported, the guy has a great attitude.

But I care who he supported. If he's not a proper Airdrie fan he shouldn't grace the Diamond.....

What's wrong with having that conversation?

For one I found it interesting that Jim Chapman supported Airdrie. Is that a bad thing ? Does it matter to the current team that the Annan manager looks for Airdrie results ? No, of course not.

The point was raised that someone found it hard to believe that a small club could have a few ex fans playing for them. Fair point.

I thought, through what I have read/seen that a few players might actually have been or were. I asked the question and received an answer.

At any point did anyone say "He's not an Airdrie man, he can't play for us" No.

Archived