Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well said also don't be saying he could be the best player in the league ( just because didn't play in the league 1last season) sarcasm haha

Wow not even the best striker but the best player! Wow, just wow. I bow down to your superior intellect and footballing knowledge, after all if we did sign Messi he would be the best in the league #applesandoranges 

ETA - yes it has just occurred to me I am arguing with the village idiot #whybother

Wow not even the best striker but the best player! Wow, just wow. I bow down to your superior intellect and footballing knowledge, after all if we did sign Messi he would be the best in the league #applesandoranges

No.... everyone knows that Messi is too wee to play football in Scotland 😂

Wow not even the best striker but the best player! Wow, just wow. I bow down to your superior intellect and footballing knowledge, after all if we did sign Messi he would be the best in the league #applesandoranges

ETA - yes it has just occurred to me I am arguing with the village idiot #whybother

Your the one that just made yourself like a Muppet.

Yes that would be fine as long as you could guarantee that none of his league goals were scored during any of his 98 substitute appearance

That's a completely different stat though. I always judge a players record by his starts, his sub appearances may have been in the 12th minute or the 91st, you just don't know.

All I'm saying is the Beanie is a player who has scored consistently throughout his career at this level and above. If you keep him fit he'll be a fantastic signing and will get at least 15 goals I reckon.

Or any other football stats page on the entire internet?

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=33139

Please add the number in brackets to the number not in brackets to get 404 games, but then again I don't really know what I'm talking about and if anyone can come up with different stats then I will happily admit I am wrong

Can't believe I am arguing over a new strikers strike rate :lol: the fact he scores goals is good enough

Please add the number in brackets to the number not in brackets to get 404 games, but then again I don't really know what I'm talking about and if anyone can come up with different stats then I will happily admit I am wrong

Can't believe I am arguing over a new strikers strike rate :lol: the fact he scores goals is good enough

The story says 306 starts. i.e. the number not in brackets.

Again mate, it's the word starts that is important. That's the stat they use on the website.

Anyway I'm so #ITK

Russell and Prunty have had similarish years,  2011 to 2015 their goal every 2nd game ratios were strong.   Prunty was severely messed about last year and had to suffer that horrid midfield when he did play.   Russell could easily suffer the same fate/drought if the supply is similarly dry.  

I certainly see him as a positive,   think he'll guarantee we carry a threat.  

Now to sort out the engine room and defence.   That is the really difficult task.

Archived