Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard from a source very close to the club (a guy who knows a guy, who knows someone in the youth setup who once shook hands with Kenny Black, who put it all on facebook) that we are signing John Rankin, Simon Lappin, Taylor Morgan and former Airdrie youth Tony Watt on 2 year deals and set to announce it today :thumsup2

On a serious note think some folk on here may wish to seek medical help for their high levels of panic, paranoia, and hysteria! Even by P&B standards they are high this week. Sadly there are some on here where medical help won't even suffice as the last time I checked you can't cure stupidity.

I've heard from a source very close to the club (a guy who knows a guy, who knows someone in the youth setup who once shook hands with Kenny Black, who put it all on facebook) that we are signing Ian Rankin, Simon Lappin, Taylor Morgan and former Airdrie youth Tony Watt on 2 year deals and set to announce it today :thumsup2

On a serious note think some folk on here may wish to seek medical help for their high levels of panic, paranoia, and hysteria! Even by P&B standards they are high this week. Sadly there are some on here where medical help won't even suffice as the last time I checked you can't cure stupidity.

Ian Rankin the crime author??? Good signing IMO

If we're signing a 33y/o striker what was wrong with Prunty?

Exactly, or for that matter Lister? Could probably of got both of them for the amount we would need to be paying Russell.

If true then not a signing I really understand, why bother saying youth is the way forward and use it to justify releasing fan favourites to then go and sign some other 'journeyman' who has no previous attachment to the club who let's be honest is just going to be going through the motions at this stage, just hope he doesn't turn out to be another Martin Hardie or David Van Zanten #clublegends 

Maybe Russell is thinking a few years down the line, Firstly Airdrie sign him as a player with proven ability and no doubt he will be able to pass on his experience to the younger boys. Secondly if the Airdrie venture works out after two or three years, he may be thinking of a Coaching position within the club. Sometimes money isn't everything for a player to commit to a club.

Archived