Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you are chucking supporting your team after 40 years because on the 21st of May you're not happy with the squad at the moment for the upcoming season?

What an absolute cabbage you are.

I have watched Airdrie lose 6 Nil to Alloa on the verge of going bust. I even watched us lose 7 nil to your lost and we were 5 nil down at half time but i would never quit supporting airdrie as the great thing about supporting a smaller team is when you do well and win something it means so much more.

I have watched Airdrie lose 6 Nil to Alloa on the verge of going bust. I even watched us lose 7 nil to your lost and we were 5 nil down at half time but i would never quit supporting airdrie as the great thing about supporting a smaller team is when you do well and win something it means so much more.

Agreed :cheers

So you are chucking supporting your team after 40 years because on the 21st of May you're not happy with the squad at the moment for the upcoming season?

What an absolute cabbage you are.

😂😂😂😂😂😂 Nothing like a bit of Saturday night hardman patter after a few drinks. At least you've laid off the old wife beating routine for a few minutes at least.

Absolute meltpot.

The biggest toys oot the pram moment since a few handbags at Hampden yesterday afternoon.

This thread, like the last one, is cringeworthy. When did so many of our fans become so petty, whiny and self-important? Someone posts some unfounded rumour to appear 'in the know', and then numerous fans pass judgement on the club based on said unfounded rumour. And then we have fans freaking out because we don't have a full squad one week after the season has finished. Like I said last week, a lot of fans could do themselves, and everyone else, a favour by stepping away from the computer for a few weeks and forgetting about football until the season is about to get underway.

I genuinely don't get what all these whiners are complaining about, what would they prefer to be happening? Sticking with the same road to nowhere part-time set up that we've been using which every single fan criticised? Or spending way beyond our means and offering stupid full-time contracts with money we can't afford? We are somewhere in the middle, the club are trying to make us progress by going full-time but at the same time we have very limited funds to do this, the transition is therefore always going to be difficult but the aim is for it to work long term, yet we have fans panicking well before pre-season even starts. Can people please get a grip.

This thread, like the last one, is cringeworthy. When did so many of our fans become so petty, whiny and self-important? Someone posts some unfounded rumour to appear 'in the know', and then numerous fans pass judgement on the club based on said unfounded rumour. And then we have fans freaking out because we don't have a full squad one week after the season has finished. Like I said last week, a lot of fans could do themselves, and everyone else, a favour by stepping away from the computer for a few weeks and forgetting about football until the season is about to get underway.

I genuinely don't get what all these whiners are complaining about, what would they prefer to be happening? Sticking with the same road to nowhere part-time set up that we've been using which every single fan criticised? Or spending way beyond our means and offering stupid full-time contracts with money we can't afford? We are somewhere in the middle, the club are trying to make us progress by going full-time but at the same time we have very limited funds to do this, the transition is therefore always going to be difficult but the aim is for it to work long term, yet we have fans panicking well before pre-season even starts. Can people please get a grip.

This, exactly this.

Don't want to look like a complete idiot if it doesn't happen. There's been enough of this on here.

On another subject, T B M , if he's still with us, will be delighted to read the interview with Fitz on the official site!

Archived