Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

2 hours ago, waysider said:

Agreed but nothing happens quickly. Remember of the current first team at least 7 or maybe more are contracted for next season which is better than most teams.

Not when some of them aren't up to it...

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, waysider said:

Whether they are up to it or not they're contracted for next season.

I know. My point was if you have players contracted that aren't up to it then it's not a positive. 

2 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

I know. My point was if you have players contracted that aren't up to it then it's not a positive. 

Hopefully it will help whoever the manager is concentrate in signing a few players rather than a whole team as in last year.

12 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

What players are not up to it ?

The defense was our weak point the goals conceded confirms this.

12 minutes ago, waysider said:

Hopefully it will help whoever the manager is concentrate in signing a few players rather than a whole team as in last year.

It should, you're right. I was being a smart@rse. I'd like to see us move quickly in keeping some of the others. Surprised there's not been some kind of announcement. 

5 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

What players are not up to it ?

The defense was our weak point the goals conceded confirms this.

I wouldn't (as I don't believe it) but you could argue all of them bar Andy Ryan. 

I'll play along though. You've noted the defence is the weak point, right? Well, the goalie and three first choice defenders make up four of the seven players we have signed for next season. 

Are you now trolling yourself in your own posts???

38 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

It should, you're right. I was being a smart@rse. I'd like to see us move quickly in keeping some of the others. Surprised there's not been some kind of announcement. 

I've not known what to believe since the rumours started. I want TW to remain as I consider the alternatives likely to have less money to commit. If TW remains we may not hear much. It's obvious that he's fallen out with the fans.

Archived