Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

It's ok to debate who we would keep and who we would let go but the most important questions are who will be owning us and who will be managing us. If TW has sold out I wouldn't be surprised if we reverted to part-time and then everything would be up in the air. I say this because I doubt if a new owner would be throwing money about.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's ok to debate who we would keep and who we would let go but the most important questions are who will be owning us and who will be managing us. If TW has sold out I wouldn't be surprised if we reverted to part-time and then everything would be up in the air. I say this because I doubt if a new owner would be throwing money about.

If tw has sold, the rumour would have progressed it's been what 2 weeks since the rumour started in Ernest but it's not moved on any. Personally I don't think he's sold out.

6 hours ago, Diamond Oracle said:

No way.

He's been absolutely fine for us but we need to be doing better than Hutton.

Suggestions of a better ball winning midfeilder you can get in league1 ?

Suggestions of a better ball winning midfeilder you can get in league1 ?

I've suggested names previously (Craig Barr, Stuart Carswell etc), however it really don't be difficult to replace him.

Good work rate and good at breaking up play but he's about as good as I am with the ball at his feet.

Will Carswell leave championship for league 1 doubt it.

Barr may remain at Raith and if not im sure there will be competition from championship clubs to sign Barr.

Hutton for me has been one signing Wilson has got right and is improvement on Fitzpatrick.

24 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Will Carswell leave championship for league 1 doubt it.

Barr may remain at Raith and if not im sure there will be competition from championship clubs to sign Barr.

Hutton for me has been one signing Wilson has got right and is improvement on Fitzpatrick.

If Carswell leaves us it will be for a bigger club than Airdrie I would imagine. He's been excellent for us, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few f/t Championship clubs courting his signature. 

5 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

If Carswell leaves us it will be for a bigger club than Airdrie I would imagine. He's been excellent for us, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few f/t Championship clubs courting his signature. 

What i expected and i wouldn't expect many players doing well in the championship dropping down a league.

12 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

After Jim Lister I'd never rule anything out! 

Cant rule it out but it would be unlikely

Lister is a class act be strange watching him lineup against airdrie next year but he will get a good reception. Why did lister leave Dumbarton for Airdrie. 

35 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Cant rule it out but it would be unlikely

Lister is a class act be strange watching him lineup against airdrie next year but he will get a good reception. Why did lister leave Dumbarton for Airdrie. 

I believe the official reason was that it was closer to his home in Falkirk (iirc), and his missus had just given birth. 

Sad top miss out on playoffs but on general balance of things this year I don't we really deserved to go any further anyway.

With regards to management, is fairly obvious that MW and GD will still be running things next year so they need to bring in at least an experienced assistant for MW and a at minimum an experienced defensive coach / GK coach, both would be preferable although can see Mensing getting a shout for a coaching role. 

With regards to players, stuck with the ones who are on two year deals but to be honest most of them should be good enough for this level, think the players recruited around them on short deals have really just made it a poor all round team this year. Strong Fast CB required with some degree of experience, and would keep Gorman alongside him. New LB. Solid ball winner required, Hutton and Fitz with Conroy in front? An actual winger would be nice as well, you know one who actually plays naturally as winger as his first choice position and can go past a man and potentially even cross a ball, the boy Harris just released by Hibs maybe?  Then once we have said 3 or 4 new starting eleven players we then need to bring in 2 or 3 more decent players who could be used to strengthen the squad as a whole. To many times this year we were caught with no plan B or way of changing a game using subs, closest option was probably Loudon for his sheer pace but far from finished product.

How the f**k have we no signed or released anyone??We are about 6 players short of a team and teams round about us have already started Raith and Ayr etc?? Or are we taking whoevers left?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's the 18th May. The season isn't ever over for all of the teams.

Ayr have so far signed one new player (about 20 minutes ago).

Who have Raith signed?

ETA: Wrong thread.

6 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

How the f**k have we no signed or released anyone??We are about 6 players short of a team and teams round about us have already started Raith and Ayr etc?? Or are we taking whoevers left?

I thought I was impatient but this is ridiculous. The season isn't finished yet. Have a lie down for a couple of weeks. 

Archived