Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

19 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Can't be arsed talking about the game but wanted to say that Rohan Ferguson was outstanding today. Some of the muppets on here need to have a word with themselves. Thrown in at the deep end with little support. If the club was run properly we'd have had a back up to come in and give him a rest. Instead we played a kid to the point his confidence was shattered almost beyond repair. By all means criticise his mistakes but to come out with he has no ability what so ever and some of the other sh1te was nothing short of ridiculous. 

Rohan kept you guys in it like parry did for us on wenesday, he made some really good saves today !

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Recruitment last year was a joke. Suppose that's what happens when you let a Sun journalist do it. 

Lets have a strong statement out from the board ASAP as to next season, the plans and the way forward. 

If Hutton gets released by St Mirren I'd sign him. I know that he was signed to replace Fitz but the type of injury he has can take for ever to heal. Hutton was outstanding on Wednesday and has had a fair few decent games.

40 minutes ago, waysider said:

If Hutton gets released by St Mirren I'd sign him. I know that he was signed to replace Fitz but the type of injury he has can take for ever to heal. Hutton was outstanding on Wednesday and has had a fair few decent games.

Hutton for me is a better player and i hope we can sign him up.

1 minute ago, Cooper81 said:

Hutton for me is a better player and i hope we can sign him up.

I can't imagine we'll be difficult to deal with. Jack Ross will be glad to see the back of him.

Although, thanks to that fucking clown Alex Rae, he'll be on a decent wage with us and will no doubt be wanting a pay off of some sort. Might be more to do with what you can offer him financially.

Anyway, feel free to take him off our hands.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

I can't imagine we'll be difficult to deal with. Jack Ross will be glad to see the back of him.

Although, thanks to that fucking clown Alex Rae, he'll be on a decent wage with us and will no doubt be wanting a pay off of some sort. Might be more to do with what you can offer him financially.

Anyway, feel free to take him off our hands.

When he joined us Huttons first couple of games were not so good and he lacked match sharpness but he has gone on to do really well. Hutton for me needs to be playing regulary and staying at Airdrie would be a good move for both Hutton and Airdrie.

27 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

He needs some long range shooting practice. The amount of times he is given the ball in space on the edge of the box but then doesn't have the confidence to have a dig is ridiculous. How hard can it be to have a pop at goal from 25 yards?

Hutton can't pass the ball 10 yards,  how can he shoot from 25 yards?   He's a bigger donkey than Lafferty.

So that's Lithgow, Crighton and Cadden promoted.  O'Neill, Watt and Perry* in the champ playoffs.   Prunty is a L2 champion, Bain, Lister and Cox are in L1 playoff.

Meanwhile we were a f/t team in the weakest L2 for years, had the worst defensive record I can remember in 40+ years.   Faria lasted 1 sub appearance, we had the Boateng experience,  Kevin "no goals" Schmidt and an AWOL "Director of Football".  We also managed to replace a rookie head coach with another rookie head coach who has been worse in every metric possible.

Just wanted to say thank you to all concerned for such an amazing season.

And to the big boss,  if you want a football operations review I'll bring a flipchart into the office if you have a spare 3 hours!

I personally would give Wilson the chance to build his own team. Tho I think him and Dalziel come as a pair. Only problem is the number of the existing players who have contracts going into next year an may have to be kept. I'm referring to my pet hate Brown of course. If we can replace Mensing and the Bo with decent centre halves we could keep Gorman. Despite his lapses I think there's s half decent player in there. Macintosh will improve. McDonald's too weak defensively and is a squad player at best. Hutton will be off so we'll need to replace with someone who can tackle, break down the opposition and free Conroy to create. Russell, while frustrating at times, gives effort and we can't argue with his goal tally and we'd be in the other play offs without Andy Ryan's goals. The rest can go. Yes!!!!!I got Huttons name right.

Archived