Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Airdrie♢Diamond said:

Don't think 'only' happy clappers went to the poty. Chapelhall Man went and I've heard him screaming at Wilson along with the rest of us. And he is also critical on here, when warranted.

Hopefully he'll give us the lowdown today.

Thoroughly deserved POTY to Andy Ryan who did the dutiful thing of saying it was a team game, even though I think without his (and Russell's goals) we would never have scraped in to the play offs. Scott Stewart also got the young player and he earned it despite some inconsistency. At least next year he won't be played at full back and Alan Cook has been relegated. I don't  accept this definition of "happy clapper"/ Realists as I have said in some other posts. Tam Cowan did have a wee dig about GD actually being in the stadium and most of the audience enjoyed that dig. MW played a low key part in the event. As an awards night it was not surprising that some happy photos were taken . though not of me. I  enjoyed the meal even if it meant missing my usual Curry As for staying away from nights such as this or indeed the games because our FT ownership promise has produced an erratic season, I can't help recollect how gutted I felt back in 2002 when the prospect of no club to support was a real threat, so I will continue to pay my money. I know that private ownership only leaves the customer with not paying into that particular business but I am emotionally attached to the idea of an Airdrie team.

Lots of food for thought in the responses - clearly everyone wants the best for the club although we all have different approaches. I still think after a clusterfuck season of horrendous decisions we need a stronger representation that what we get.

Remember the Q&A that they were allowed to just stroll away from. That wasn't good enough.

Anyway - I go in peace ahead of the playoffs. Maybe just maybe they'll pull their fingers or their arses and work hard enough to win it [emoji815]️

Watching the highlights there and I think that's the most honest interview I've seen from Wilson. We are so lucky to have Andy Ryan on a 2 year deal, that might be TW biggest success.

15 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Lots of food for thought in the responses - clearly everyone wants the best for the club although we all have different approaches. I still think after a clusterfuck season of horrendous decisions we need a stronger representation that what we get.

Remember the Q&A that they were allowed to just stroll away from. That wasn't good enough

Anyway - I go in peace ahead of the playoffs. Maybe just maybe they'll pull their fingers or their arses and work hard enough to win it emoji815.png

And the braised beef was also good last night.  Peace be upon you also my friend. Lets hope so about efforts next week.

6 hours ago, Pesadilla said:

Yes. You have a superiority complex.

Wouldn't say I have a superiority complex. I stopped following in my late teens when it became United and didn't come back until 2012/13 (although working abroad for 6 years helped) So I don't feel that I have the right to feel superior to anybody, knowing that some of the lads on P&B were here through thick & thin, some even for decades before I suckled at the teat.

I think there are just different ways to interpret what is the best course to follow when things don't go as you would like with the club you love. For some staying away is totally viable, for some it is unthinkable. I myself have missed more home games this season than any other. Sometimes it seems like a total chore to drag yourself to NB, convinced of a pummelling. I still feel a sense of guilt though when I don't show up. But each to their own.

Do the club upload any footage from the dinner/presentation? Would be interesting to see.

1 hour ago, Diamond8 said:

Watching the highlights there and I think that's the most honest interview I've seen from Wilson. We are so lucky to have Andy Ryan on a 2 year deal, that might be TW biggest success.

Yes indeed. There was also a wee spat between No 11 and 3 of QP at the third goal; not quite shades of Cardle and Smith but goes to show they care. Great control from MacDonald on line for 2nd and Adam Brown did play some great pass for 2nd, so I apologize for my frustrated venting this season?

7 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

But quite often the happy clappers are a major part of people turning away from the club. They can be self righteous, operate with an air of superiority and their dismissal and failure to recognise growing concerns alienates other fans and allows mediocrity on and off the pitch to be accepted.

So whilst you may not see them do direct harm to the club I would argue that they do.

Get over yourself

8 hours ago, She who dares gins said:

Not sure - only heard it here. But then again I don't really delve much into the other forums or threads.

At the start of the season the "boo boys" were the supporters getting it in the neck.  Now it's the "happy clappers".  Due to the small size of Airdrie's total support, the team needs both groups to survive.

I fall into the "lapsed attendee" group, so no-one is required to pay attention to anything I say.

26 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

At the start of the season the "boo boys" were the supporters getting it in the neck.  Now it's the "happy clappers".  Due to the small size of Airdrie's total support, the team needs both groups to survive.

I fall into the "lapsed attendee" group, so no-one is required to pay attention to anything I say.

It was the happy clappers who were bullying the booboys, now the booboys are hounding the clappyhappers.    It is only 4 on each side though.

1 hour ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

It was the happy clappers who were bullying the booboys, now the booboys are hounding the clappyhappers.    It is only 4 on each side though.

I liked the monkey watchers from back in the admin days (Gemmell/Barr's team). Whatever happened to them? 

Archived