Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's this all about?

1:The Rumours that the club has been sold yesterday?

2.Airdrie have apparently sold Andy Ryan?To who?

My suggestion would be usual shite from those who constantly like to say they're in the know. But actually know the square root of hee-haw.

Could be wrong.

I'd guess there might just be something in the club has been sold stories but how does no one seem to know who to?

As for Andy Ryan, surely that can't be true given the timing of things? You'd be encouraging him to down tools (avoid injury etc). Certainly didn't look that way today. Definitely potential for him to leave in the summer. 

Two Queen's Park officials were sitting behind me today and one made a joke to the other about Andy Ryan and Livingstone when he was down injured. It sounded as if they'd some info that he was going there. Forgot all about it until I read the post above.

If TW goes I would be disappointed but not surprised. The flippant manner in which he threatened to walk away if he was criticised by supporters suggested he wasn't in it for the long haul. Hope I'm wrong because as much faults as he has at least his intentions seemed to have been honourable and I dread to think what would come in..

Nearly end of another season and after seeing the posts and pics from last night, I won't be re-joining the trust. It does a wonderful job but only seems to represent one type of supporter.

With the team badly underperforming all season, poor decision making at the top and rumours swirling of the club being sold again, time to stop clapping.

Where are they?

Twitter etc. I added to my post above - team has badly underperformed - making play-offs was a miracle. Rumours swirling we've been sold again, and we're still clapping along patting each other on the back. Sticks in my craw when I'm genuinely worried. Appreciate I won't be popular but I've never much given a shit about that.

9 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Twitter etc. I added to my post above - team has badly underperformed - making play-offs was a miracle. Rumours swirling we've been sold again, and we're still clapping along patting each other on the back. Sticks in my craw when I'm genuinely worried. Appreciate I won't be popular but I've never much given a shit about that.

Were you not complaining in the other thread that they hadn't sent out invites and had heard nothing about it? And now you're saying they've made too big a song and dance about it?

It's a POTY night, organised months ago, that every club in the land has. You expect them to cancel it because of a couple of rumours in the last week?

If this is the level of stuff we are finding to complain about then no wonder TW is packing it in!

SWDG, it's an end of season event. That's what tends to happen. At all football clubs. It's just the nature of that type of thing. 

if you're genuinely worried (think we all are at least a little) I'd suggest rejoining the trust and trying to play a more active part. I say that as someone who's a member but does nothing! However depending on what happens in the next few seasons a supporters trust with a large membership base could be very important. 

Were you not complaining in the other thread that they hadn't sent out invites and had heard nothing about it? And now you're saying they've made too big a song and dance about it?

It's a POTY night, organised months ago, that every club in the land has. You expect them to cancel it because of a couple of rumours in the last week?

If this is the level of stuff we are finding to complain about then no wonder TW is packing it in!

As I said. I won't be popular. And you can't please everyone. Particularly me.

5 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

As I said. I won't be popular.

People are entitled to their opinion, not about being unpopular. I'm just geniunely trying to understand what you thought was going to happen? Cancel the whole event because of a rumour?

From the outside it seems we've had the best of both worlds, they've run a good event, but at the same time haven't shoved it in people's faces at a time when some fans might be concerned.

People are entitled to their opinion, not about being unpopular. I'm just geniunely trying to understand what you thought was going to happen? Cancel the whole event because of a rumour?
From the outside it seems we've had the best of both worlds, they've run a good event, but at the same time haven't shoved it in people's faces at a time when some fans might be concerned.

Why would fans be concerned about a poty event. You either go or don't.

There are teams in worse positions than Airdrie who have poty events and fans attend to show support to there team.

I Don't know what Airdrie fans want anymore either support your club or don't.

My complaint is less about the event - it's just been the consolidation of my concerns about it's ability to separate itself and represent all fans, not just the ones who want to stay on the club's
good side.

Maybe this board representation which seems to move slower than a snail's pace will change it.

Maybe as someone else said, I should do more.

Is this Mark Wilson's account?

Poor home form? That's the fans fault.

TW about to sell up? That's the fans fault.

When did we become so thin skinned? And then we've got fans encouraging and accepting such sensitive snowflake behaviour from the club.

The trust is undoubtedly a good thing and well intentioned and I've got huge respect for a few of the main faces- I won't name them on here and embarrass them - but probably the same 3 or so that everyone respects and likes.

However SWDG does have a point in that the trust events seem to mainly attract a certain cohort of fans. Our support is becoming divided into the happy clappers camp and the cynical pessimists/realists camp. Trust events seem to be becoming to be dominated by the former.

That's not me blaming the trust or the happy clappers per se- just an observation.

I personally don't think having such an overtly political 'comedian' so heavily involved In events is going to do much to bring everyone together.

1 minute ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

When did we become so thin skinned? And then we've got fans encouraging and accepting such sensitive snowflake behaviour from the club.

The trust is undoubtedly a good thing and well intentioned and I've got huge respect for a few of the main faces- I won't name them on here and embarrass them - but probably the same 3 or so that everyone respects and likes.

However SWDG does have a point in that the trust events seem to mainly attract a certain cohort of fans. Our support is becoming divided into the happy clappers camp and the cynical pessimists/realists camp. Trust events seem to be becoming to be dominated by the former.

That's not me blaming the trust or the happy clappers per se- just an observation.

Of course trust events are dominated by the "happy clapper" faction. The Trust is largely made up of people who see it as their duty to support the Club warts and all and see supporting Airdrie as something of a life sentence . I don't think these people are unaware of the Club's failings but they try to do what they can to improve things. The "realists " on the other hand look down their noses at these people and spend a lot of their time greeting anonymously at everything. We even have people on here who don't go to the matches but nonetheless have their say about how badly the team is playing.

It has been a poor season in many respects but the Trust has been a shining example of what has been good about the Club. By the way I'm not a Trust office bearer.

20 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

I don't follow. My whole point in response to SWDG was that fans need to stop being so thin skinned and moaning about everything. Nothing to do with the club.

I don't really agree the support is split any more than at any other club. There is a big middle ground. I'm not in the trust and have no interest in going to POTY nights, and do not 'happy clap' the team off the park after games like yesterday. I go to games, comment mainly on the football side and (apart from now!) post very little about off the field stuff as I find it tiresome. I think most fans are like that. As waysider points out, people in the trust will always be more 'happy clapper' types, and at the other end of the scale you always get a few cynics who do nothing but criticise whilst offering no solution. But most people are in the middle somewhere.

Of course trust events are dominated by the "happy clapper" faction. The Trust is largely made up of people who see it as their duty to support the Club warts and all and see supporting Airdrie as something of a life sentence . I don't think these people are unaware of the Club's failings but they try to do what they can to improve things. The "realists " on the other hand look down their noses at these people and spend a lot of their time greeting anonymously at everything. We even have people on here who don't go to the matches but nonetheless have their say about how badly the team is playing.

It has been a poor season in many respects but the Trust has been a shining example of what has been good about the Club. By the way I'm not a Trust office bearer.

I'm deffo not in the happy clapper camp but I also go to games- only through duty.

You say the happy clappers are aware of the problems but it is the failure and total unwillingness to publicly recognise or highlight these problems that breeds huge resentment amongst the other group and drives a further wedge between the fans.

It makes the other group feel like this isn't their club anymore and it's easier to just leave it to the happy clappers to get on with it. I'm feeling more and more like walking away every season.

Archived