Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

4 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

No one bought us today?

T W was at Ravenscraig yesterday watching the team train. Hardly the actions of someone who has sold up. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe he was saying some goodbyes or offering win bonus for promotion to help raise the price?

As I said earlier, love him or loathe him, he has delivered on what he said.   It's just a shame we all got off on the wrong footing with some dreadful PR, decisions and attitudes.

I'd be willing to meet in the middle to kiss and make up rather than suffer more years of Balantynitis.

5 minutes ago, Nipper said:

T W was at Ravenscraig yesterday watching the team train. Hardly the actions of someone who has sold up. 

TW couldn't stay away from the club to begin with and now hardly attends matches.

1- Either he has lost interest

2- Running the club involves a lot more work than he bargained for.

3- Maybe he doesn't expect us to go up and is concentrating on next season rather than this season.

If TW remains Dalziel has to go amd Sandy stewart has been attending the matches and is basically doing Dalziels job for him.

Glorious day potentially beckons.

Despite all the shit that has happened this season we are now the masters of our own density.

We can beat any of the playoff teams.   Raith Ravers are in meltdown under John "Herman Munster" Hughes.   And we've beaten the other 2 L1 teams who'll be in the playoffs.

I've said from day 1 that the players are good enough, despite Dalziel, Wilson and Donald Doolittle we can do this.

Motherwell beckon!

3 minutes ago, Nipper said:

I have no doubt that what he told me was in good faith.

Cheers. Wasn't meant as a dig or anything.

No smoke without fire and all that and TW appears to have lost interest. But then we've got guys on ft deals next year that will need honoured and shitey crowds so who in their right mind is buying. 

We'll just have to wait and see I guess. 

23 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Cheers. Wasn't meant as a dig or anything.

No smoke without fire and all that and TW appears to have lost interest. But then we've got guys on ft deals next year that will need honoured and shitey crowds so who in their right mind is buying. 

We'll just have to wait and see I guess. 

No offence taken, always thought the timing was peculiar but it was where the information came from which made me think that it could be.

2 minutes ago, Nipper said:

No offence taken, always thought the timing was peculiar but it was where the information came from which made me think that it could be.

Might still turn out to be the case. It's who's next in that's a worry. We've seen what a guy with no experience of running a club - and his mates - can do. Having said that, the play offs hopefully await....

2 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

Might still turn out to be the case. It's who's next in that's a worry. We've seen what a guy with no experience of running a club - and his mates - can do. Having said that, the play offs hopefully await....

I've got a good feeling about today which is always dangerous!!!!!!

2 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Glorious day potentially beckons.

Despite all the shit that has happened this season we are now the masters of our own density.

We can beat any of the playoff teams.   Raith Ravers are in meltdown under John "Herman Munster" Hughes.   And we've beaten the other 2 L1 teams who'll be in the playoffs.

I've said from day 1 that the players are good enough, despite Dalziel, Wilson and Donald Doolittle we can do this.

Motherwell beckon!

Agree that we have a great opportunity....really, really hope we grasp it. Motherwell going down and us going up would be fantastic....probably not so much if you're a cop.

Where we disagree, and I hope to be proved wrong, is that the players are good enough. This has been arguably the worst team I've ever watched in terms of entertainment. Certainly the worst FT team.

6 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Agree that we have a great opportunity....really, really hope we grasp it. Motherwell going down and us going up would be fantastic....probably not so much if you're a cop.

Where we disagree, and I hope to be proved wrong, is that the players are good enough. This has been arguably the worst team I've ever watched in terms of entertainment. Certainly the worst FT team.

Don't agree about the present team being the worst for entertainment. At least for the most part they try to play football, albeit not always successfully. In among the rubbish there have been some cracking goals. Only last season our tactic was to punt the ball up the middle to our only attacker Jim Lister and pray for a miracle. 

9 minutes ago, waysider said:

Don't agree about the present team being the worst for entertainment. At least for the most part they try to play football, albeit not always successfully. In among the rubbish there have been some cracking goals. Only last season our tactic was to punt the ball up the middle to our only attacker Jim Lister and pray for a miracle. 

Aye? 

There have been a couple of good goals but I've watched us being arse-raped by Stenhouse-fucking-muir. I've watched a defence which has leaked the same type of goal week-upon-week, never learning. I've watched a 'keeper who looks like he's just returned from Dunkirk. I've watched a midfield that have gone to the Paul Daniels school of disappearing.

One player has carried us, potentially, into the playoffs. Without him we'd be going down. 

How anyone can be entertained by that shite if beyond me.

1 hour ago, waysider said:

Only last season our tactic was to punt the ball up the middle to our only attacker Jim Lister and pray for a miracle. 

And this season we're punting it up to Andy Ryan and hoping for a miracle. 

We're still playing the long ball game, unless it's a team we can dominate like EF last week.

2 crackers from Russell, 2 crackers from Brown, cracker from Conroy, brilliant solo goal from Stewart and numerous super finishes from Ryan following excellent build up play. Granted there's been a lot of rubbish too but we would have been easily in the playoffs but for the worst defence and goalie I've seen in years.

Btw, we think we've been awful, imagine being a Dunfermline supporter in the 2014/15 season.

Much superior resources to us but managed to get even less points than we currently have.

They've done okay since then so you never know........

Well done Andy Ryan getting League One's golden boot for top goal scorer, I thought Buchanan had it in the bag but 5 goals in Ryan's last 2 games ripped it out of Buchanan's hands.

Some goals spree he's on going into the play offs.

Well done Andy Ryan getting League One's golden boot for top goal scorer, I thought Buchanan had it in the bag but 5 goals in Ryan's last 2 games ripped it out of Buchanan's hands.
Some goals spree he's on going into the play offs.

We certainly wouldn't be there without him, top player. Ryan and Buchanan would be a decent front 2!

Archived