Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

According to a post on facebook everyone at the club were told about it on Saturday.

The new person is someone with connections to the club but not directly involved at the moment.

An announcement will be made at the end of the season.

This might be a load of sh1te 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to a post on facebook everyone at the club were told about it on Saturday.
The new person is someone with connections to the club but not directly involved at the moment.

More than likely

I can't see this being the case. Someone surely would have spilled it by now.

1 hour ago, el Gringo said:

Second plays third and fourth plays the championship team. Highest finisher is away in the first leg.

Were we not away to Dumbarton first leg in 2012 when we finished 4th? I thought it was the team with the highest capacity ground got 2nd leg, I might be wrong though!

Were we not away to Dumbarton first leg in 2012 when we finished 4th? I thought it was the team with the highest capacity ground got 2nd leg, I might be wrong though!

That was the play off final though.

I'm sure we got the home advantage because we beat the First Division in the semi final.

43 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

That was the play off final though.

I'm sure we got the home advantage because we beat the First Division in the semi final.

Aye you're right enough.  We played Peterhead, Brechin, Raith ect away in the first leg of the semi when we finished higher than them. 

17 hours ago, Nipper said:

Don't think the Ballantynes would be interested unless there was sme kind of buy back clause in the agreement.

My first thought though was the stadium company, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

I think the Bentleys have taken control of the club since the week of the long knives when Woleki, McBride + Faria were dispensed with.   Tbh,  I feared they'd reprimanded TW's handling of things and the potential repercussions.

Remember the Bentleys still had 50% of the club and Annmarie is the paid company secretary.  

The signs of a power struggle seemed to be there since I had heard of "Kingy" forcing Annmarie to release the Coxs, Pruntys and Bains, etc.,  last April/May whilst "Kingy" hung around outside faking tears and sincerety.

Regardless of the off field stuff it looks very much like we've very much fallen into the playoffs.

I've mentioned previously that I think our team preys on weakened teams but downs tools when they face a challenge.

They knew that Brechin were weak a few weeks ago and they knew EF had a handful out this week.  We're almost like the typical school bullies

I hope I'm wrong and that we've turned that seemingly neverending corner but there's no place to hide in the playoffs. 

I desperately want to see us out of the seaside league, not that I think we have a superiority complex but we cant keep functioning with ghost town matches in that stadium.  Would be great of we could play championship home games and L1 away games.

Not sure what can be done about personnel and team shape now,  it's literally up to the manager and players to up their games, up their efforts on a consistent basis and cut out the stupid mistakes.    

Because there's literally nothing to fear in the playoffs except ourselves.

5 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

I think the Bentleys have taken control of the club since the week of the long knives when Woleki, McBride + Faria were dispensed with.   Tbh,  I feared they'd reprimanded TW's handling of things and the potential repercussions.

Remember the Bentleys still had 50% of the club and Annmarie is the paid company secretary.  

The signs of a power struggle seemed to be there since I had heard of "Kingy" forcing Annmarie to release the Coxs, Pruntys and Bains, etc.,  last April/May whilst "Kingy" hung around outside faking tears and sincerety.

I left the Trust and have distanced myself from the background goings on as much as possible (nothing against the Trust guys) as it was all doing my head in, as such I’m not that in the loop these days but the odd bit of info I have heard from folk in and around the club is the arguing in the background is as bad as ever.

The endless stream of people who have taken jobs at the club/or have volunteered to help in some way and walked out after arguments during the Ballantyne years is ridiculous!

Don’t know where these rumours about Tom Wotherspoon selling up are coming from but I wouldn’t be surprised. However I don’t know how it work with the Stadium Owners buying his shares. A couple of years ago Jim Ballantyne said he’d kill the Club before selling to them. Anyone that thought nothing happened at the club for bickering and back stabbing in the past, this would be a shambles!!!

12 minutes ago, Tory Boy said:

I left the Trust and have distanced myself from the background goings on as much as possible (nothing against the Trust guys) as it was all doing my head in, as such I’m not that in the loop these days but the odd bit of info I have heard from folk in and around the club is the arguing in the background is as bad as ever.

The endless stream of people who have taken jobs at the club/or have volunteered to help in some way and walked out after arguments during the Ballantyne years is ridiculous!

Don’t know where these rumours about Tom Wotherspoon selling up are coming from but I wouldn’t be surprised. However I don’t know how it work with the Stadium Owners buying his shares. A couple of years ago Jim Ballantyne said he’d kill the Club before selling to them. Anyone that thought nothing happened at the club for bickering and back stabbing in the past, this would be a shambles!!!

I beat you to it back in 2002 mate.

I've only expressed a wish that the stadium and club are owned by the same entity.   As Bentleytine doesn't seem prepared to part with £3m or whatever to buy stadco, it would seem more likely that Stadco may make them an offer.   However Stadco's worth is bricks and mortar, TW and JB own a piece of paper.

I'm conscious that 15 years ago there was a caveat that there was 25 years protection on the stadium for football only.   By my reckoning by 2027 someone may decide to sell to Stewart Milnes.

Imo,  we're a timebomb and at present only folk looking to buy the club could be the wolves in sheeps clothing.

There's no way the stadium company would buy the club or even half of it. They make too much money from the club to even consider it. If they owned the club they would lose money. Not to mention they would have to work with the Ballantyne's

1 minute ago, AFC1878 said:

There's no way the stadium company would buy the club or even half of it. They make too much money from the club to even consider it. If they owned the club they would lose money. Not to mention they would have to work with the Ballantyne's

Totally agree with this. Why should they do themselves out of a rent? Anyway the more I think of it, the less likely I think the story is true. I'm certain TW is cheesed off but the timing is all wrong and who would buy us?

No doubt I'll be wrong again!

12 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

I beat you to it back in 2002 mate.

I've only expressed a wish that the stadium and club are owned by the same entity.   As Bentleytine doesn't seem prepared to part with £3m or whatever to buy stadco, it would seem more likely that Stadco may make them an offer.   However Stadco's worth is bricks and mortar, TW and JB own a piece of paper.

I'm conscious that 15 years ago there was a caveat that there was 25 years protection on the stadium for football only.   By my reckoning by 2027 someone may decide to sell to Stewart Milnes.

Imo,  we're a timebomb and at present only folk looking to buy the club could be the wolves in sheeps clothing.

I totally agree. I wish the Ballantyne's would just f**k off!!!!

The club will never amount to anything as long as they hold on to their slice of the cake.

1 hour ago, waysider said:

Totally agree with this. Why should they do themselves out of a rent? Anyway the more I think of it, the less likely I think the story is true. I'm certain TW is cheesed off but the timing is all wrong and who would buy us?

No doubt I'll be wrong again!

How stupid can you get?  Whatever amount of money is being haemorrhaged at Ravenscraig, Caldervale, etc., would be diverted back to them.   They would still be allowing the same portion of takings that they're charging for rent.  

FFS!

And no one said they were buying it,  I expressed why I would want to see them unite the club and the ground.

Also, as they're selling the pies, advertising, hospitality, etc., their best interest would be to see the club thriving up the leagues - ie.,  selling more pies!

Anyone else not able to put the dots together here? Russia's wealthiest man docked his super yacht in Glasgow last week then all of a sudden Airdrie have a new owner, come on people it's simple maths really :whistle

His "Three Year Plan" involves the Champions League, not the Championship...

I wouldn't believe anything written on the Facebook site or The Stomp. Both full of absolute zoomers and nobody who I've seen post any 'knowledge' about it is someone I would credit as a credible source. 

Archived