Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

8 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

Motherwell second bottom of the Premier League. Airdrie in a playoff position.

I'm not a religious man, but I'm saying my prayers.

I've said all along that I want us out of this sh*tty league.   If we do: no half measures!  We need to gear up to compete if we do.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I think we should concentrate less on the football and more on the match day catering going forward.

We all seem to get along that way.

Amazing how a win allows us all to mellow out. The dinner at the POTY might get different reviews depending on the result of the match.

6 minutes ago, Nipper said:

Rumour on the Airdrieonians site that T W has sold his shares.

Has anyone heard anything ?

Wishful thinking or doomsday?

Who would buy them?  Wullie McKay?  Alan Love?  The Bentleys? 

Who'd want 50% of Airdrie and presumably a payroll that outweighs income?

Personally I'd pray it was the stadium company so that ground and club are almost "United".

Rumour on the Airdrieonians site that T W has sold his shares.
Has anyone heard anything ?

Would be really surprised if he had but wouldn't be too surprised if he wants out.

Just now, Nipper said:
8 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Wishful thinking or doomsday?

Who would buy them?  Wullie McKay?  Alan Love?  The Bentleys? 

Who'd want 50% of Airdrie and presumably a payroll that outweighs income?

Personally I'd pray it was the stadium company so that ground and club are 

Don't think the Ballantynes would be interested unless there was sme kind of buy back clause in the agreement.

My first thought though was the stadium company, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

I really hope he hasn't sold out. Seems to me it would be the end of the Club. However, with the uncertainty about which league we'll be in next season it seems a strange time to sell. If he was going to do it, I would have thought that he, and any mug buying his shares, would have waited until after next week. Also I think he will wait to see if anyone buys Ryan before selling.

Waysider how would it be the end of the club ?

One scenario it's the stadium owners, building bigger links within community and not paying for the rent of stadium on march days. 

I believe TW will sell the club he's hardly been attending matches. AMB it would appear has been running the club. 

My ideal scenario would be the stadium owners join the board and AMB remains involved with club.

Has TW really been that great for Airdrie ?

1 minute ago, Cooper81 said:

Waysider how would it be the end of the club ?

One scenario it's the stadium owners, building bigger links within community and not paying for the rent of stadium on march days. 

I believe TW will sell the club he's hardly been attending matches. AMB it would appear has been running the club. 

My ideal scenario would be the stadium owners join the board and AMB remains involved with club.

Has TW really been that great for Airdrie ?

Maybe I didn't mean that literally. However, it seems that T W put money into the club. If he sells, who else is going to put money in? The Ballantynes decided a while ago not to subsidise the club and that we had to survive on gate income less rent money. In my view if TW disappears we will be back to the bad old days. Full time football has not been a great success but a large part of that was TW making bad decisions as to who would run the playing side. If TW stays and gets his decisions better that would be better than reverting to operating with no money.

If the shares are sold it depends on who the new owner is, for all we know the new owner may have more to offer and likewise may not but i wouldn't jump to conclusions that TW stepping down is necessary a bad thing as it depends on what the new owner can offer to take Airdrie forward.

Maybe I didn't mean that literally. However, it seems that T W put money into the club. If he sells, who else is going to put money in? The Ballantynes decided a while ago not to subsidise the club and that we had to survive on gate income less rent money. In my view if TW disappears we will be back to the bad old days. Full time football has not been a great success but a large part of that was TW making bad decisions as to who would run the playing side. If TW stays and gets his decisions better that would be better than reverting to operating with no money.

With the right advice and guidance under tw we could actually be what he said he wanted. We could compete in the championship, just a shame that key decisions have been made poorly

If he does decide to leave I worry what's next. We're lumbered with players on full time contracts for another year at least. And gates that won't cover them  

Who'd want to buy is a very good question - although no one saw TW as a potential buyer last time. 

Archived