Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To talk about 

15 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Should "lovers" not have a capital L? Great thread yet again when we spell check and proof read each other. See you at Methil

You would think your back doing English at school, anyway looking forward to the match tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

I'd rather stick few bob on The Young Master in the big race at Sandown if I was having a bet..

Would be typical of this Airdrie team to some how look vaguely competent this week then completely shit the bed next.

As long as no players are betting on matches a la Barton/Black/Moffat we should take your horse tip. Could well be that scenario. Hopefully post something positive after my visit to Methil.

10 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

As long as no players are betting on matches a la Barton/Black/Moffat we should take your horse tip.

I wouldnt take that as a tip,  I only said what I was doing mate.

I used to see a not too recent Airdrie manager stick £50 a week on Airdrie,  usually a score like - Airdrie 2: Clyde 1 - never against us.   Most times his bet lost though.   I remember that particular game and we won 2-0 IIRC.  I wondered if he'd do something to lose a late goal but there was no shenanigans which pleased me no end as it showed he was as straight as a die.

Just now, DestroyedByMadness said:

I wouldnt take that as a tip,  I only said what I was doing mate.

I used to see a not too recent Airdrie manager stick £50 a week on Airdrie,  usually a score like - Airdrie 2: Clyde 1 - never against us.   Most times his bet lost though.   I remember that particular game and we won 2-0 IIRC.  I wondered if he'd do something to lose a late goal but there was no shenanigans which pleased me no end as it showed he was as straight as a die.

Thanks and in fact I only ever lose on the Grand National in my annual bet. I might have won once on Party Politics? My Dad and I used to spend a Friday night picking out ( I think) an 8 from 10 on the pools but while it meant a wee bit of excitement hearing the scores on Radio after game( Analog days) we never won . I don't bet now at all and would never bet on an Airdrie game! Cheers

9 hours ago, Kennboy1978 said:

In that case I can't foresee a positive post......

A positive post at last as in other posts on the game. The Bovril was hot and eased the cold setting in at half time. The curry has since provided the post match Saturday celebration for the first time in a while. First win away since beating the Rovers and I think we now have one more away win than at home. lets make it all square next Saturday so I can enjoy my politeness at the POTY dinner.

Archived