Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

19 minutes ago, waysider said:

Have you been drinking or are you just trying to be funny? Either way, have a lie down.

I gave up alcohol for lent and never qent back.   Dont need to say as many hail marys whilst repenting nowadays.

Are you seriously attempting to mimic my schtick?  You are easily the 2nd worst poster on here ever.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gave up alcohol for lent and never qent back.   Dont need to say as many hail marys whilst repenting nowadays.
Are you seriously attempting to mimic my schtick?  You are easily the 2nd worst poster on here ever.

OK, we get it - you're a catholic.

4 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

Prove it.

I take it back, it wasnt.   Just me looking for something that clearly wasnt there.

My apologies to everyone for being precious.

Clearly the PA at the football is there for the Ballantynes to use as their own open mic slot and the colour of Mulvaney's Lambourgini was irrelevant.

In hindsight that "joke" was wholly appropriate on so many levels.

Clearly the PA at the football is there for the Ballantynes to use as their own open mic slot and the colour of Mulvaney's Lambourgini was irrelevant.

In hindsight that "joke" was wholly appropriate on so many levels.

See, that I agree on. Although I believe that the joke was innocent (in my opinion) it should have been kept to the boardroom. I don't understand why it had to passed to Mr Majury to broadcast over the tannoy.

And while we're on the subject, what is the deal with the whole "huge 90 minutes for the boys today, let's get right behind them, come on now, come on!" Is it just me who cringes at that?

1 hour ago, AFC1878 said:

what is the deal with the whole "let's get right behind the boys! Come on now, come on!" Is it just me who cringes at that?

That gets right on my tits anaw.

It's like getting treated like wee weans watching the singing kettle.

6 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

See, that I agree on. Although I believe that the joke was innocent (in my opinion) it should have been kept to the boardroom. I don't understand why it had to passed to Mr Majury to broadcast over the tannoy.

And while we're on the subject, what is the deal with the whole "huge 90 minutes for the boys today, let's get right behind them, come on now, come on!" Is it just me who cringes at that?

You agree on everything except the elephant (sorry, not a dig at Jim this time) in the room?   Jokes are about the interpretation and when you tell them, the interpretation you are esoterically attempting to convey.  I know exactly what the message was.

Agreed on the cringey announcements, but the the "right here right now" pish must be up there too.

Reminded me of this....IMG_1493096860.051356.jpg

Casual sectarianism??? I think that is ridiculously over sensitive. I haven't seen the car but my daughter did and it was an over the top gaudy colour that drew attention of anyone who saw it.
That's about it. Reading 'sectarianism' into it seems like desperation to take offence.

This.

I think it says more about the mindset of those who are seeing sectarianism in this "joke" than anything else. I absolutely despair for everyone in this thread who instantly jumped to a sectarian conclusion about this. Small minded West of Scotland mentality at its finest.

For what it's worth Mulraney stood up when the reg no. was read out then started to laugh when the remainder of the message was read. For all we know there has been some joking between 2 parties about the horrifically garish colour of the car prior to the game and this was just a continuation. Now please excuse me while I get back to happy clapping and chuckling to clips of Mason Boyne on YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

I think it says more about the mindset of those who are seeing sectarianism in this "joke" than anything else.

It was a joke?   I despair about the mindset about those who don't see it.  

Why were we subjected to an injoke between two narcissists in any case?

And mindset?  Our lardy chairman is presiding over one of the worst teams ever, to our lowest crowds, and we need to listen to a 1970s "joke" because he doesn't have the best car in the car park.   Yeah worry about me.

I absolutely despair for everyone in this thread who instantly jumped to a sectarian conclusion about this. Small minded West of Scotland mentality at its finest.

Don't feel sorry for me as I'm the only one to see the despicable "joke" for what it was.    The small minded WOS mentality was from the the narcissist who made the joke.   Unless it was Majury himself who abused his position?

For what it's worth Mulraney stood up when the reg no. was read out then started to laugh when the remainder of the message was read. For all we know there has been some joking between 2 parties about the horrifically garish colour of the car prior to the game and this was just a continuation. Now please excuse me while I get back to happy clapping

I once knew a really ugly mate who used to leave his BMW keys and keyring on the bar so that that barmaid had to shout out - "someone has left their BMW keys on the bar".   

No wonder he was laughing.   Happyclap away.

15 hours ago, WeeDiamond90 said:

Basically the tannoy  guy was suggesting that the Alloa chairman's Lamborghini was to be resprayed as it was bright green and could cause offence to us british flag waving, queen loving, tic haters that we all are at Airdrie. 

Archived