Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

1 hour ago, She who dares gins said:

I'll admit this has completely passed me by - what had someone's car colour got to do with anything?

As a  Roman Catholic Airdrie fan who has pumped a lot of blood, sweat, tears and money into the club over the years I found Bentleytine's casual sectarianism grossly offensive.

Half my mates who support Airdrie, were in the B, fundraised and got arrested as DDA and the likes were all RC.    We are Airdrie FFS,  that fat  b*****d is a f**kin red neck.

Fat Jim and his sister can kiss my f**king Roman Catholic arse if they want my season ticket money next month.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was is sectarianism or just a crap attempt at humour?

I'm RC too but would prefer to leave it to the muslims to get offended about mere jokes.

I must admit most of my family on learning that I support Airdire give it: "Whit? But Albion Rovers are the catholic team!" upon which I need to remind them that it's 2017 and that they need to get a fuckin life.

Seems to me that with every generation all that pish gets weaker anyway. Better to make humour of it than to chib somebody.

Does anyone have a photo of said car? I never understood the reference on Saturday to the car mentioned . If it were a jokey reference between the people concerned should they not have kept it in the boardroom. There was however a lack of humour on the pitch. It now takes me back to the time at Alloa when the PA guy must have read the same car details out about ten times-now that was annoying.

Genuinely thought it was about the garish colour rather than sectarianism. It wasn't exactly classy looking.........

I have no idea why anyone would clap us off the park yesterday, although I personally didn't boo or anything. I did boo when he inexplicably took Stewart off though. Was he injured or something?

Although I had no idea what it was about at the time a number of people around me laughed. Now that I know what it was about I'm all for it. It's a bad day when humour is frowned upon. Most of the fun in watched Airdrie was taken away when Bo was dropped!

Casual sectarianism??? I think that is ridiculously over sensitive. I haven't seen the car but my daughter did and it was an over the top gaudy colour that drew attention of anyone who saw it.

That's about it. Reading 'sectarianism' into it seems like desperation to take offence.

Agree. I didn't for a second consider it to be related to anything sectarian until I read this thread.

If you have the money to buy a Lamborghini and choose that colour you deserve all the ridicule you get though imo :lol:

Thanks for the photo and it is garish but if you have the money that's your choice. Certainly don't get the sectarian angle-what did the PA guy say: I thought it was something about it needing a respray but did it mention the new colour? Great when this comment distracts us from how poor our season has been; maybe need a respray of our own.

Basically the tannoy  guy was suggesting that the Alloa chairman's Lamborghini was to be resprayed as it was bright green and could cause offence to us british flag waving, queen loving, tic haters that we all are at Airdrie. 

Only in Airdrie can the colour of ones car cause offence to an individual.

2 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Casual sectarianism??? I think that is ridiculously over sensitive. I haven't seen the car but my daughter did and it was an over the top gaudy colour that drew attention of anyone who saw it.

That's about it. Reading 'sectarianism' into it seems like desperation to take offence.

Seriously,  after the meltdown about the "H" word in the fanzine?

Sorry,  that was a sectarian dig and it's not proper Airdrie. 

What is the psychology of the big shot who comes out with that crap?   Is Bentleytine now a fine purveyor of cars?   Auditioning for top gear?

Some amount of happy clapping for Bentleytine whether it's the shit on the park or his utterly embarrassing "big man" sectarian shite off it.

We deserve all the shite we get.

30 years ago Peat and Co pissed off John Dalziel (son of Jake) by rebuking his "build a new stand and make Danny McGrain f/t manager" plan.   That served us well but no doubt it wasn't sectarian.

20 years ago we had plans for the ideal stadium near Chapelhall but our board rejected it.   But no doubt it wasn't sectarian.

I'd guarantee if the piss poor joke was the other way around with Mr Green Lambourghini Mulvaney making the joke about Mr Season ticket at Ibrox Bentleytine there'd be an uproar,  but just like the difference between acceptance of Grant Adam and Joe Gorman it'll get happy clapped off as "bored room bants".

Well played Airdrie's P+B happy clappers.

1 minute ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Found it funny that a a guy who looks like a 17stone jelly baby slagged off a Lambourgini?

Have you been drinking or are you just trying to be funny? Either way, have a lie down.

Archived