Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

13 hours ago, Pesadilla said:

Lets face it despite some of our fans protestations that we have decent players......we really don't.

Comfortably the worst F/T team in Scotland.

One of the worst defences in the UK.

Amateur teams breathing down our neck.

Attendances dropping as the football gets worse.

There are no positives(Apart from Ryan). And I hate to say, there is no manager in the world that could make a leather purse from this sow's ear.

This will be the most underperforming F/T team in history. 

Anyone who attends a "POTY" should be immediately ejected from a Lancaster bomber from 30,000ft onto a bed of broken buckie bottles and jaggy nettles. A hex upon you happy clapping c***s. A hex.

Unfortunately I signed up for( and paid) as I want to support the Trust's efforts and am not a happy clapper. It was nearly as awkward last season when I agreed to go before our late surge cheered us up. I fear this will not happen this year but I would like to award Andy Ryan for a great season before the club sell him, no doubt. I certainly won't be applauding the efforts of MW etc but a bit of polite silence will suffice if he appears. Should be better than ejection from said bomber.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not one that hopes we don't make the play offs. I really hope we do and hope we win them. It's not likely to happen though.

There are still some big teams in the league above and increased attendances would surely go towards improving the team.

However, If we don't make it, I can't see how Wilson and Dalziel can remain in post. Surely making the play off was the minimum target this season? Wilson has more or less said that the F/T set up has given him no advantage, which begs the question: what's the point? The chairman must've looked at those comments and wonder where his hard earned is going. 

It's a big summer ahead for TW. He's got decisions to make regarding the management and whether this F/T set up is sustainable given the sub par returns for his money. I'd like to see him ditch the pundits and go through a proper recruitment process. If not, it's gonna be very difficult to shift season tickets with those two fronting the operation.

1 minute ago, Pesadilla said:

I'm not one that hopes we don't make the play offs. I really hope we do and hope we win them. It's not likely to happen though.

There are still some big teams in the league above and increased attendances would surely go towards improving the team.

However, If we don't make it, I can't see how Wilson and Dalziel can remain in post. Surely making the play off was the minimum target this season? Wilson has more or less said that the F/T set up has given him no advantage, which begs the question: what's the point? The chairman must've looked at those comments and wonder where his hard earned is going. 

It's a big summer ahead for TW. He's got decisions to make regarding the management and whether this F/T set up is sustainable given the sub par returns for his money. I'd like to see him ditch the pundits and go through a proper recruitment process. If not, it's gonna be very difficult to shift season tickets with those two fronting the operation.

I agree with what you say about the MW/GD duo and the Chairman has a few key decisions to make. At least you have not consigned me to the ejector bay.

24 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Unfortunately I signed up for( and paid) as I want to support the Trust's efforts and am not a happy clapper. It was nearly as awkward last season when I agreed to go before our late surge cheered us up. I fear this will not happen this year but I would like to award Andy Ryan for a great season before the club sell him, no doubt. I certainly won't be applauding the efforts of MW etc but a bit of polite silence will suffice if he appears. Should be better than ejection from said bomber.

I joined the Trust for the first time this year. My comments were in no way directed towards them. If only the efforts of the Trust were matched by the frauds we have posing as F/T footballers on the park.

I agree that Ryan should be recognised as the one player who's really contributed this season. I've said it many times, but without him we'd be absolutely sunk.

You might sit in silence as Wilson is wheeled out, but I've absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he'll get applause - and that's wrong. Same with a good number of the posers who think they're players - and not just in the football sense. Wilson will get applause because the social situation it is demands it. The players will get their pictures taken and it'll all go very smoothly and everyone will have their ego massaged.One reason I won't be going is that I'd be an utter hypocrite to sit with these guys and act like they're my hero's. It'd be wrong for me to have polite conversation with Dalziel/Wilson while saying the exact opposite behind their backs. The main reason I wouldn't go, though, is because I couldn't help myself but to say something, especially after I've imbibed a few sherberts, and I'd not like to ruin the good work the Trust does.

Perhaps not everyone that goes will be sycophantic happy clappers.........but those will be in the majority. 

For you though - you can have a parachute.

1 hour ago, Pesadilla said:

I joined the Trust for the first time this year. My comments were in no way directed towards them. If only the efforts of the Trust were matched by the frauds we have posing as F/T footballers on the park.

I agree that Ryan should be recognised as the one player who's really contributed this season. I've said it many times, but without him we'd be absolutely sunk.

You might sit in silence as Wilson is wheeled out, but I've absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he'll get applause - and that's wrong. Same with a good number of the posers who think they're players - and not just in the football sense. Wilson will get applause because the social situation it is demands it. The players will get their pictures taken and it'll all go very smoothly and everyone will have their ego massaged.One reason I won't be going is that I'd be an utter hypocrite to sit with these guys and act like they're my hero's. It'd be wrong for me to have polite conversation with Dalziel/Wilson while saying the exact opposite behind their backs. The main reason I wouldn't go, though, is because I couldn't help myself but to say something, especially after I've imbibed a few sherberts, and I'd not like to ruin the good work the Trust does.

Perhaps not everyone that goes will be sycophantic happy clappers.........but those will be in the majority. 

Thanks for the parachute. I suspect I might be at a table of anything but happy clappers and I will let you know how it goes. Every time I have been joined at the table by players they have departed the club at the end of the season. I will take a list of names to consider for moving on: Hugo has gone and he would have been my initial choice/lots to pick from now. I will have some sherbert and think of you. Cheers

Spot on again.

Some of these happy clappers must post on here- defend yourselfs- how can you clap that off yesterday? How can you justify showing appreciation for the radio pundits or anyone else that clearly regards the supporters as shit on their shoes?

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Spot on again.

Some of these happy clappers must post on here- defend yourselfs- how can you clap that off yesterday? How can you justify showing appreciation for the radio pundits or anyone else that clearly regards the supporters as shit on their shoes?

Nah. Did folk actually clap the team off yesterday?? I was straight out of there soon as the whistle went. 

Ive just seen there are two guys on Facebook that have given Mensing an 'A' for his performance so far this season (in a report card style post). 

I actually (foolishly) thought we were close to being all out of happy clappers. Obviously not. 

Nah. Did folk actually clap the team off yesterday?? I was straight out of there soon as the whistle went. 
Ive just seen there are two guys on Facebook that have given Mensing an 'A' for his performance (in a report card style post). 
I actually (foolishly) thought we were close to being all out of happy clappers. Obviously not. 

Mensing was ok yesterday but no better than just ok

There was a fair amount of shouting at Wilson and the players, didnt see much clapping apart from the alloa mob.

The boardroom assholes tannoy 'in-joke' was the most cringe thing I've seen at  the fitba.   Like the "Big Man" character from Chewing The Fat had made the tannoy guy do it.   Look at me, my car's bigger than yours!

And why is Wilson constantly listening to Donald fkn Jennow all the time?  FFS.

Guest LonglivetheKING
1 hour ago, Airdrie76 said:

Ive just seen there are two guys on Facebook that have given Mensing an 'A' for his performance so far this season (in a report card style post). 

The facebook page is worse than the stomp

Just saw a picture of the car that was the subject of the hilarious "get your car resprayed a decent colour" tannoy announcement.

If I shouted something sectarian I'd get a banning order but it's ok for the fat b*****d in the boardroom to subject us to bit of casual sectarianism .

What an utter f**king joke our club is.

Just saw a picture of the car that was the subject of the hilarious "get your car resprayed a decent colour" tannoy announcement.

If I shouted something sectarian I'd get a banning order but it's ok for the fat b*****d in the boardroom to subject us to bit of casual sectarianism .

What an utter f**king joke our club is.

I'll admit this has completely passed me by - what had someone's car colour got to do with anything?

52 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

I'll admit this has completely passed me by - what had someone's car colour got to do with anything?

Basically the tannoy  guy was suggesting that the Alloa chairman's Lamborghini was to be resprayed as it was bright green and could cause offence to us british flag waving, queen loving, tic haters that we all are at Airdrie. 

Archived