Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JimListersRightFoot

Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Recommended Posts

 
Maybe they should go back to that then because it was clearly working better than whatever they are doing now.

It's to do with the center halfs and the goalie needing a rest Joe Gorman is the worst center half I've seen in an Airdrie strip we brought in Simon mensing and Jordan Mcgregor and they are just as bad albeit Mcgregor is a young lad we've got a RB who's a center mid at best A left back that cannae defend as well as Kaka Hutton in midfield who clearly thinks he's the best player in the league.

Mr TW must've deep pockets in the summer because we need at least 6/7 players in the summer and a experienced manager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

The league season so far: 

Played 33, won 14, drawn 4, lost 15.   Scored 54, conceded 63.

McBride v. Wilson

Points won per game: 1.54 v. 1.31

Goals for per game:  1.73 v. 1.59

Goals lost per game:  1.45 v. 2.13

No matter how you measure it, bringing in Wilson over McBride has been a disaster.    Those goals conceded per game stats are just horrific.   McBride was improving though before the genius decision to punt him.

 

 

A goal differential of + 0.28 under McBride, and - 0.54 for Wilson means in total we are 0.82 of a goal worse off per game. Effectively a goal per game worse off under Wilson, given that, it's surprising the points per game difference isn't much bigger.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Going by stats Mcbride was a better manager(I'm not saying Wilson is the answer btw)but his football was fucking shite and too slow and he wasn't using all of the facilities at Ravenscraig in there spare time I was told they where playing FIFA instead of being on the pitch or in the Gym room

Compare the football under McBride to Wilson it's night and day.

McBride had us playing the ball on deck and with players available to himself was getting the best out of the players. McBride also gave appearances to Connor, Craig, Robbie, Sean. TW stared he wanted us to bring young players through but that was all scrapped with Wilson Dalziel.Everyone those young players showed ability then for our DOF to call them numbers. McBride also had experience with working with all the players at the club including 20s.

Someone said they were playing Fifa is it factual or a rumour  ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:


It's to do with the center halfs and the goalie needing a rest Joe Gorman is the worst center half I've seen in an Airdrie strip we brought in Simon mensing and Jordan Mcgregor and they are just as bad albeit Mcgregor is a young lad we've got a RB who's a center mid at best A left back that cannae defend as well as Kaka Hutton in midfield who clearly thinks he's the best player in the league.

Mr TW must've deep pockets in the summer because we need at least 6/7 players in the summer and a experienced manager

 

Mainly true, but the point was about Wilson. He had his pick of all the players McBride had (except Fitzpatrick, but Hutton is a more than fair replacement), plus had the option to bring in a few players. He's had more options, more time and got worse results. It's not even like he can use the 'it's not my team' excuse in terms of recruitment when comparing to McBride because I doubt very much McBride had much say over the signings last summer either. They both were given a squad of players and McBride has done much better.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Compare the football under McBride to Wilson it's night and day.
McBride had us playing the ball on deck and with players available to himself was getting the best out of the players. McBride also gave appearances to Connor, Craig, Robbie, Sean. TW stared he wanted us to bring young players through but that was all scrapped with Wilson Dalziel.Everyone those young players showed ability then for our DOF to call them numbers. McBride also had experience with working with all the players at the club including 20s.
Someone said they were playing Fifa is it factual or a rumour  ?
 

I was told dunno if it's true or not as I stated above?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:


I was told dunno if it's true or not as I stated above?

 

Even if they were, bringing up stuff like that is daft. Unless you are there observing training the whole time you can't comment. Do you not have a break at work? Or socialise with colleagues before/after work? Any number of reasons why they could be doing something like that, it doesn't necessarily mean they are just pissing about and not taking training seriously.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McBride is a far better manager than Wilson.

The signings McB made of his own accord where Ryan, Conroy, Russell, Leitch. 

Bo was 4th or 5th choice CB and only one he could get as there were no funds due to the budget being swallowed up by Hugo(remember him) Schmidt was same & Scullion was free.

if TW had backed McB wishes and paid off Fariah to free up money for a CB then we would have been up there in at least 2nd place.

instead money was spent on Dalziel to sit in a radio studio. 

Looks like McB was correct to refuse point blank to listen to GD.

I'm afraid to say we've got the team the owner deserves for listening to old pals King & GD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's only one person to blame for the mess this season has been and that's the chairman. He let his pals King and Black oversee summer recruitment including an inexperienced head coach. He saw the light (we thought) and got rid of those 2 but then brought another pal in to carry out a review resulting in McBride being replaced by Wilson and Dalziel in as director of football. One bad decision after another. The radio pundits have failed. Yes we might still finish in the top 4 but this has been a terrible season and TW needs to make some big decisions in the summer regarding the running of the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's to do with the center halfs and the goalie needing a rest Joe Gorman is the worst center half I've seen in an Airdrie strip we brought in Simon mensing and Jordan Mcgregor and they are just as bad albeit Mcgregor is a young lad we've got a RB who's a center mid at best A left back that cannae defend as well as Kaka Hutton in midfield who clearly thinks he's the best player in the league.

Mr TW must've deep pockets in the summer because we need at least 6/7 players in the summer and a experienced manager


Mcgregor still being commented on when hes had 30 mins in the last few weeks! Aye, very good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nipper said:

Can anyone who was at Stranraer confirm that once again an Airdrie player told fans to [email protected] off.

Some of the bus fans were getting frustrated after the second goal and one had a verbal go at Hutton ( mainly as he was the nearest tho not the worst midfielder) and a few phrases were exchanged. I cant be certain it was the f word but Hutton was also exasperated. It did calm down. I was once told by Gary bollan to F off in a home game so it was no big deal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Some of the bus fans were getting frustrated after the second goal and one had a verbal go at Hutton ( mainly as he was the nearest tho not the worst midfielder) and a few phrases were exchanged. I cant be certain it was the f word but Hutton was also exasperated. It did calm down. I was once told by Gary bollan to F off in a home game so it was no big deal

Nipper told me F off once when assistant manager but if going hand out stick got be big enough take it back. Hutton has been one of our best players and its harsh/ wrong a fan turning on him.

Edited by Cooper81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Stine said:

 


Mcgregor still being commented on when hes had 30 mins in the last few weeks! Aye, very good!

 

Why was McGregor not in squad ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Why was McGregor not in squad ?

 

Got to be injured as surely he's not showing up worse than Mensing & Gorman all week at training 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:


Why do folk do this to themselves?sit and count up pointless stats and post it on here?you no got better things to do?

How else do we prove Dalziel's review was incompetence Thicko?

Why are you reading and commenting on my posts?  Nothing better to do?

 

3 hours ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Going by stats Mcbride was a better manager(I'm not saying Wilson is the answer btw)but his football was fucking shite and too slow and he wasn't using all of the facilities at Ravenscraig in there *their* spare time I was told they where *were* playing FIFA instead of being on the pitch or in the Gym room

The problem is not that McBride is a better manager, it's that Wilson/Dalziel is far worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

 

A goal differential of + 0.28 under McBride, and - 0.54 for Wilson means in total we are 0.82 of a goal worse off per game. Effectively a goal per game worse off under Wilson, given that, it's surprising the points per game difference isn't much bigger.

Some less bright members of the Airdrie family may argue that stats are insignificant but some are rock solid

The clip we are loasing goals is totally unsustainable and TW should be acting on it.    

Dalziel carried out a "root and branch review of the football operation".  His review has led to a serious deterioration of form.  He suggested removing a coach who was inexperienced but was actually getting it right and took over with negative effect.

Anywhere else that's gross incompetence.

 

 

Edited by DestroyedByMadness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cooper81 said:

Nipper told me F off once when assistant manager but if going hand out stick got be big enough take it back. Hutton has been one of our best players and its harsh/ wrong a fan turning on him.

Have you ever heard the utter drivel you grunt at games Copper?   Nipper would have had every right to jump in the crowd,  pull down your bogging joggies and give your filthy derriere a jolly good spanking.  And he'd have been applauded by all.

I'm sure nipper would have risked needing a tetanus jab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Even if they were, bringing up stuff like that is daft. Unless you are there observing training the whole time you can't comment. Do you not have a break at work? Or socialise with colleagues before/after work? Any number of reasons why they could be doing something like that, it doesn't necessarily mean they are just pissing about and not taking training seriously.

I'm not going to name this u20 player (must only be 17 or 18) who is on an amateur form.   He works 5 days a week but drops his work twice a week to train with the team.  On his spare days he's with the matchday squad on Saturdays and I've seen him at a local gym on Sundays.

For those with really poor interpretation skills that young lad deliberately loses wages EVERY week to train with us for no pay, and he spends his spare time getting into incredible condition.

If anything the majority of our players are overworked and under appreciated for what they get.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw highlights of the goals and heartbroken yet again.    I've said all season about things repeating themselves and needing ironed out in training.  We have the same situation again:

1st goal:  How many times do we comment on Rohan's decision making?  Catching the ball under pressure v.  Clearing to safety?  

2nd goal:  I've highlighted repeatedly that Rohan's kicking under pressure is horrendous.   If I'm an opposition manager I'm doing what Stranraer did at that goal.   Our strategy should be to get to him in emergency only.   Mensing had 2 other options in that situation.    Even despite the guff kick, Stewart is slow to react and Mensing is Pedestrian at Best to cover back in the middle.    That killer goal is as much down to our overall strategy as it is to Rohan's poor kick.  BTW the genius manager had just replaced Gorman who'd have simply cleared that ball (in or out the park).

If we're not learning our lessons we're doomed to keep repeating them.   I always say "you're not an idiot for making a mistake -  but you are if you repeat it".   Dalziel/Wilson????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...