Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

55 minutes ago, Airdrie76 said:

As an example, one of the concerns:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/sex-pest-footballer-alan-lithgow-1007399

A number of supporters (rightly) didn't want a "nasty pervert" playing for the club. 

We got a "nasty pervert" playing for the club. 

I got permanent warning off P+B for "personal abuse"  for using that or similar terminology about Slothgow

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

I got permanent warning off P+B for "personal abuse"  for using that or similar terminology about Slothgow

That's ridiculous. It's factually correct. 

And of course I'm only quoting what the sheriff called him in court when handing him his sentence. 

Horrendous.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Livvy have no qualms about having a Beast in their team.

Quote of the decade; "At 3pm the same day in Lady Ann Crescent, Airdrie, a woman was walking when she heard a man shout: "Haw."

42 minutes ago, Airdrie♢Diamond said:

Horrendous.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Livvy have no qualms about having a Beast in their team.

Quote of the decade; "At 3pm the same day in Lady Ann Crescent, Airdrie, a woman was walking when she heard a man shout: "Haw."

They're run by a narco, who also coaches them.   They also have a convicted thug who did time battering a pensioner with a baseball bat, Buchanan's family who were convicted drug dealers, the "nasty pervert" Lithgow...    I'm sure there's others too.

That source of truth Wikipedia shows nothing for him after leaving St Mirren.

At the time he was training with us McBride said there was no prospect of him being signed. He said they were friends and he was just giving him a place to train. Looks like he may have chucked it unless he is plaing junior.

At the time he was training with us McBride said there was no prospect of him being signed. He said they were friends and he was just giving him a place to train. Looks like he may have chucked it unless he is plaing junior.

I seen him playing for Exeter n he was a stand out can't see why he's not good enough wages may be an issue

He's retired as far as I know

1 minute ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

I seen him playing for Exeter n he was a stand out can't see why he's not good enough wages may be an issue

I'd have certainly wanted him back for this season and he seemed to be in great shape but his injury history the 2 previous seasons was scary.   On pur budgets it would have been an enormous risk.

14 hours ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Quite a nice wee town, Exeter, was there last week for work. 

I'd have loved to have seen Gow back in a Diamond. We're all well aware of what he can do, but as DBM rightly say's, it would have been a massive risk on out budget. 

The league season so far: 

Played 33, won 14, drawn 4, lost 15.   Scored 54, conceded 63.

McBride v. Wilson

Points won per game: 1.54 v. 1.31

Goals for per game:  1.73 v. 1.59

Goals lost per game:  1.45 v. 2.13

No matter how you measure it, bringing in Wilson over McBride has been a disaster.    Those goals conceded per game stats are just horrific.   McBride was improving though before the genius decision to punt him.

The league season so far: 
Played 33, won 14, drawn 4, lost 15.   Scored 54, conceded 63.
McBride v. Wilson
Points won per game: 1.54 v. 1.31
Goals for per game:  1.73 v. 1.59
Goals lost per game:  1.45 v. 2.13
No matter how you measure it, bringing in Wilson over McBride has been a disaster.    Those goals conceded per game stats are just horrific.   McBride was improving though before the genius decision to punt him.

Why do folk do this to themselves?sit and count up pointless stats and post it on here?you no got better things to do?

4 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Why do folk do this to themselves?sit and count up pointless stats and post it on here?you no got better things to do?

I wouldn't call it pointless a fan is highlighting he felt McBride was a better manager and is backing it up with stats which are factual.

I wouldn't call it pointless a fan is highlighting he felt McBride was a better manager and is backing it up with stats which are factual.

Going by stats Mcbride was a better manager(I'm not saying Wilson is the answer btw)but his football was fucking shite and too slow and he wasn't using all of the facilities at Ravenscraig in there spare time I was told they where playing FIFA instead of being on the pitch or in the Gym room

4 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Going by stats Mcbride was a better manager(I'm not saying Wilson is the answer btw)but his football was fucking shite and too slow and he wasn't using all of the facilities at Ravenscraig in there spare time I was told they where playing FIFA instead of being on the pitch or in the Gym room

Maybe they should go back to that then because it was clearly working better than whatever they are doing now.

Our goalkeeper's confidence is gone - I'm sure he's got talent and hopefully this will be a big learning curve for him - but because of management decisions in the past we haven't got a "Plan B".

However, a contributor to Ferguson's mindset is one Mensing - talk about blame culture - he's an expert and for sure he's having an affect on the goalkeeper. I've played in the past (amateur shite) with big mouth fuds like him - its everybody else's fault, all talk until they balls up and then it all goes quiet.  

Another dodgy signing from the pundits (what the feck must other football managers think of these two when they dish out their "pearls of wisdom" on other teams/managers/coaches on Clyde?)

Archived