Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Whatever happened to the bugle playing on fan representation - gone awfy quiet since Wilson said we're all arseholes

You honestly think the Bentleytines would give us a voice?  They f**king despise us.  

Wilson was just stupid and it was fair, if ill advised, to snipe back as we were giving him serious deserved grief.  At least he showed a bit of fight (unlike his defence)

You honestly think the Bentleytines would give us a voice?  They f**king despise us.  

Wilson was just stupid and it was fair, if ill advised, to snipe back as we were giving him serious deserved grief.  At least he showed a bit of fight (unlike his defence)

The Ballantines never ever cared about the fans only cared about lining there oan pockets had to sit n watch Shite teams for the past 10 years and then they would come out n blast us because 500 fans turned up at a home game they may have saved Airdrie but they also finished Airdrie

6 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

No. Wilson was not only stupid, but ill informed, to give stick to the few remaining souls that turn up in the vain attempt to make this club viable. His comments were ill-informed, derisory, self obsessed nonsense that you'd expect from the half baked media types they've become.

2 hours ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

The Ballantines never ever cared about the fans only cared about lining there oan pockets had to sit n watch Shite teams for the past 10 years and then they would come out n blast us because 500 fans turned up at a home game they may have saved Airdrie but they also finished Airdrie

Nonsense. If it weren't for JB and his family you'd not have a club.

The first division attendances were not what JB thought he'd been led to believe. Would you give all your wages to support that?

Don't re-write history

One of the most moronic statements I've ever seen posted on this or any other fan site. If this is an example of your thought processes you'd be better off back on the stomp.

10 hours ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

What would you they suggest they spend money they don't have and put both themselves and the club in dangerous financial situation just to keep you happy ?

And as for lining there pockets unless we have sold someone for a couple of million let's be fair you are talking a load of rubbish.

7 hours ago, Pesadilla said:

No. Wilson was not only stupid, but ill informed, to give stick to the few remaining souls that turn up in the vain attempt to make this club viable. His comments were ill-informed, derisory, self obsessed nonsense that you'd expect from the half baked media types they've become.

I said "stupid and ill-advised",  you say "stupid and ill-informed".

I don't think I've been ripped previously for backing him up.    I actually agree with your more in-depth rant,  I merely found it amusing that he had the balls to come put with that shit AND stay in his job.   Would've been great if he had the ability to back it up?

WTF does our board think of us when they allow those two imbeciles to continue to ruin us and alienate us.

Did we not have a fans' rep on the board back when the club was refounded?  Victoria someone?  Obviously it can't have worked out in the long term, as it's not the case now, but it's long enough (and pre all-day-on-the-internet enough) for me to remember what happened.  What was up with that? 

It was Veronica McGregor. From memory it was only for a season on a trial basis and it wasn't continued the following year.

I think it would make perfect sense to give a place on the board to the chairperson of the Trust who can then represent the fans at any board meetings.

It was Veronica McGregor. From memory it was only for a season on a trial basis and it wasn't continued the following year.

I think it would make perfect sense to give a place on the board to the chairperson of the Trust who can then represent the fans at any board meetings.

I don't agree with the last point. I don't think being chair of the trust should get you an automatic place on the board.

There might be plenty of excellent candidates out there with a bit of experience of these things who could do an equally good job.

You need to walk the line between club and fans - being independent of both is probably a good thing. Anyway that's my tuppence worth, off to enjoy another exciting afternoon....

Archived