Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ma dug could score more goals than Schmidt. LoL

I've nothing at all against the lad (JM) but bringing him in when everybody was screaming for a defender kinda gave the impression that the lunatics are running the asylum.

How long is McKay contracted for? 

3 hours ago, Airdrie♢Diamond said:

I've nothing at all against the lad (JM) but bringing him in when everybody was screaming for a defender kinda gave the impression that the lunatics are running the asylum.

He's only here till end of season.   

If we had wingers supplying crosses into the box he could be a handy player.   All we need now is a time machine to bring Innes and Stevie back from 1989

4 hours ago, Airdrie♢Diamond said:

We did also sign two new central defenders, to be fair.  For all the good that's done.  And we did need another striker, as Schmidt was the way out, and with Russell's suspensions record we were putting a lot of eggs in the basket of keeping Ryan fit and in form.  Not, as DBM says, that McKay was necessarily the right forward, however.

As for this trialist, I think we should sign him.  Defiantly.

10 hours ago, waysider said:

What did he say?

Along the lines of Airdrie are full time but not really, there is no proper structure but that will all change next season. It's the last part which bothers me the most as it suggests that he and Wilson will be continuing in their present roles at the club. 

The 20s were raving about Cissoko today. Said he's big and fast and nobody could handle him.

I said we should stick him in at centre half, and they said they brought him back for one corner after Dan went off and he gave away a penalty [emoji23]

I can see a lot to like in McKay.   Not sure he's the finished article by a long, long way  and he certainly wasnt what we needed.   His presence was an excuse for Jurassic Dalziel to go route 1.
Also, McKay's goalscoring record is far superior to Schmidt.

There's got to be something there with McKay, you don't go through Thorp Arch these days if you are rotten.

The 20s were raving about Cissoko today. Said he's big and fast and nobody could handle him.

I said we should stick him in at centre half, and they said they brought him back for one corner after Dan went off and he gave away a penalty [emoji23]

Is the bo still at Airdrie?Seems he's been unfairly hung out to dry

Along the lines of Airdrie are full time but not really, there is no proper structure but that will all change next season. It's the last part which bothers me the most as it suggests that he and Wilson will be continuing in their present roles at the club. 

My grandpa is trying to coax me back into going again but if it's the case that these two are in charge then I certainly won't be back.

Get the two charlatans to f**k n start a fresh

Exactly. It only dawned on me that the final straw for me was the defeat away to Stenny. We are down to 10 men and pull it back to 2-2. He then waits until 87 minutes or there abouts when we are 3-2 down to bring on our first and only sub of the game, that to me is a sackable offence in itself. None of them have a clue, Wilson in particular.

Exactly. It only dawned on me that the final straw for me was the defeat away to Stenny. We are down to 10 men and pull it back to 2-2. He then waits until 87 minutes or there abouts when we are 3-2 down to bring on our first and only sub of the game, that to me is a sackable offence in itself. None of them have a clue, Wilson in particular.

We've must've went soft or Cba now because when Wilson had a go at the fans the next game he would've got bombarded with abuse even would've got threats but now it's about 6 fans that give him abuse........how times have changed [emoji19]

35 minutes ago, Nipper said:

Oh dear! I've heard that Scott Stewart is allowed to continue with his studies but don't know who else is not always there. Does sound as if Dalziel will still be there next season. Bad news. Maybe he'll go to an occasional match.

Another season wi the gruesome twosome doesnae bear thinking aboot.

Wilson may have passed his tests and got his coaching badges, but he's a long way fae being a coach.

You never know, they might surprise us next season! f**k it, we might even be in the Championship! :lol:

♢♢♢

I was trying to get to the bottom of Airdrie and what's happened this season, from the outside looking in its a good club, a good trust, etc you really should be doing better than what you are. 

Blame surely has to lie with the managers, the recruitment in general has been poor, the chairman has made many bad decisions, you'd think an semi experienced manager would have Airdrie comfortably in the top 4 instead of struggling.

I don't know the ins and outs of Airdrie perfectly so maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I was told by someone close to Airdrie that you have 6 first team players that make up 60% of the playing budget, the rest are youth players and fill ins that make up the other 40% which was the idea of the chairman who thought by bringing in 6 "quality championship players" would be the way to go.

The 60% are made up of Conroy, Russell, Ryan, Hutton, Fitzpatrick, and I didn't believe this myself Boetang :lol: all of them are on upwards of £1000+ a week.

Now I do find that quite hard to believe but I have no reason to discredit what I've been told, so maybe someone on here with a bit more knowledge than me can tell me. 

This isn't a dig btw, remember I came on here weeks ago and said I felt sorry for you lot, the fans deserve better than what you are getting. 

Still not over yet though, I still fancy Airdrie to get into the playoffs and you just never know after that. 

30 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I was trying to get to the bottom of Airdrie and what's happened this season, from the outside looking in its a good club, a good trust, etc you really should be doing better than what you are. 

Blame surely has to lie with the managers, the recruitment in general has been poor, the chairman has made many bad decisions, you'd think an semi experienced manager would have Airdrie comfortably in the top 4 instead of struggling.

I don't know the ins and outs of Airdrie perfectly so maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I was told by someone close to Airdrie that you have 6 first team players that make up 60% of the playing budget, the rest are youth players and fill ins that make up the other 40% which was the idea of the chairman who thought by bringing in 6 "quality championship players" would be the way to go.

The 60% are made up of Conroy, Russell, Ryan, Hutton, Fitzpatrick, and I didn't believe this myself Boetang :lol: all of them are on upwards of £1000+ a week.

Now I do find that quite hard to believe but I have no reason to discredit what I've been told, so maybe someone on here with a bit more knowledge than me can tell me. 

This isn't a dig btw, remember I came on here weeks ago and said I felt sorry for you lot, the fans deserve better than what you are getting. 

Still not over yet though, I still fancy Airdrie to get into the playoffs and you just never know after that. 

Won't be £1k+ mate. No chance. 

Asked about the big lad Cissoko on a Farnborough site and got this response:

Cissoko showed promise in his short stay at Farnborough, but he needs to take heed of good quality coaching if he is to progress. 

He has (very) raw talent, however our management and his team mates quickly grew tired of his reluctance to play to team orders and a tendency to drift well out of position. So it wasn't a surprise when he was let go. To be fair, we aren't short of options up front, so he would have done well to have broken through in any case.

Safe to say he's not going to get the good quality coaching he requires here...

Archived