Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

In football the responsibility for failure (rightly or wrongly in some instances) lies with the management team.  Regarding Mensing - he was brought in by the pundits to steady the boat and he hasn't.

I agree. I'd hunt all three of them. 

10 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Best centre half we've got

And with that statement you've perfectly captured why we're under performing, are 5th in the league and have lost more goals than anyone else. 

That and the managers inability obviously. 

1 hour ago, Roger Thornhill said:

There's a bad reality tv programme in our scenario - "two clueless, incompetent radio pundits take management of a full time football club with hilarious consequences!" Except it ain't funny..

Nae Money. Baws.

Mark Wilson interview this week was decent on what he said about the game he then goes on to talk about how you can't count for individuals making errors. What you can do though Mark is drop them.

Yes drop the players who keep making the mistakes but we aren't blessed with a big squad so we're stuck with what we have

3 hours ago, Roger Thornhill said:

There's a bad reality tv programme in our scenario - "two clueless, incompetent radio pundits take management of a full time football club with hilarious consequences!" Except it ain't funny..

It's fucking hilarious for the other 9 teams in the league.

46 minutes ago, Airdrie♢Diamond said:

It's fucking hilarious for the other 9 teams in the league.

Totally agree.  How can anyone really take us seriously with a set up like ours? Just got this picture in my head of Dalziel "studying" Diamonds TV on a Monday morning before setting up training and tactics with young Mark.

Cant believe anyone can seriously blame Rohan for any part of the first 3 goals.  

Mensing in particular has been f**king horrendous.   McIntosh does not deserve to be benched, particularly for that.   The multiple failed clearances for the first and the poor attempted clearance at 3rd were awful.

McGregor looks like he should be better but that error for the 3rd was juvenile.  Russell's poor pass at 2nd...

Even at the 4th, Can any of our defence try to show Cadden down the line.  McDonald would have been as well not bothering to cover.  That said,  I was hoping highlights would show a bobble deceived Rohan but his technique was just utter shite.

1 hour ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Totally agree.  How can anyone really take us seriously with a set up like ours? Just got this picture in my head of Dalziel "studying" Diamonds TV on a Monday morning before setting up training and tactics with young Mark.

Honestly mate, he probably doesn't even bother to waste his time. He probably doesn't even know the weekends Airdrie result till his pal tells him in the radio booth.

Can anyone clarify if Rohan was actually nutmegged for the 4th goal? Defiantly looks like it.

♢♢♢

14 minutes ago, Airdrie♢Diamond said:

Honestly mate, he probably doesn't even bother to waste his time. He probably doesn't even know the weekends Airdrie result till his pal tells him in the radio booth.

Can anyone clarify if Rohan was actually nutmegged for the 4th goal? Defiantly looks like it.

♢♢♢

Defiantly knot.  Just oppinon.

Archived