Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For damage limitation (both short term and long term), the chairman must get rid of the two pundits pronto. We're on a downward spiral with these two. And even if we're lucky to survive this year,  I dread to think what personnel and type of football will be adopted by booze bag and his boy for the next campaign.

The chairman needs to swallow his pride and get a manager that will stop the decline and build for next year.

The officers in attendance were known to me from patrolling the town centre on a Saturday night. The heid steward phoned and asked for a couple of officers to attend. They were there for the whole of the 2nd half and were down at the tunnel area at full time.

1 hour ago, AFC1878 said:

The officers in attendance were known to me from patrolling the town centre on a Saturday night. The heid steward phoned and asked for a couple of officers to attend. They were there for the whole of the 2nd half and were down at the tunnel area at full time.

Maybe get them to patrol the 18 yard box? Were they any use in the town? I must say I never noticed them near MW but I was too busy watching our efforts

1 hour ago, AFC1878 said:

Mustve been because of all the 10 y/o kids telling him what to do

What happens if TW 3 year plan doesn't work ?

Since our bad run of form the only players I would want to keep at the moment are Ryan, Russell, Conroy and Hutton. Are the rest not good enough or is it that Wilson isn't up to the job.

To succeed in business you have to be ruthless - and TW has succeeded with his own business. So why doesn't he use his business acumen when running our club? I blagged this from a top business website. This is how TW should be looking at running Airdrie FC based on running a successful business:

"Here are five ways a leader must be uncompromising and perhaps ruthless in order to benefit a loyal following.

1. Drive the vision.

Despite the arguments from proponents of flat management, most companies can't move forward without strong vision and a leader ready to move the organization forward despite the risks and stress Great leaders know when to push or pull the team down the road in order to break the inertia.

2. Protect the team.

Not everyone is a great fit on every team. Well-meaning people can be disruptive and difficult given the wrong set of circumstances. A great leader understands when dysfunction is beyond repair and must make the cut so the team can survive despite individual consequences.

3. Weather the storm

Business can be unpredictable. Just when you think things are calm, something like the financial crisis of 2008 comes along and destroys every bit of safety you built over decades. Great leaders know that this is the time to make decisions that may hurt the few in order to save the many. They must maintain strength at the expense of collateral damage so that all don't perish.

4. Maintain morale.

Great leadership requires strength, structure, stability and decisiveness. When a team is surrounded by chaos, inaction and indecision productivity drops along with morale. Strong leaders know that running a tight ship allows for the team to be more carefree and opens the door for enjoyment and, ultimately, the kind of innovation that breeds genuine excitement making small personal sacrifices of freedom worth the price.

5. Preserve the culture.

Not every team can survive a wide variety of personality traits. Companies that scale tightly define their culture and use it as a tool to weed out those who may cause growth to slow. Great leaders continuously define and refine the culture to reward those who can conform and excel while ruthlessly eliminating those who won't be a fit for the long haul. On the bright side, those people will be free to find an environment where they can thrive and be happy rather than living in frustration and mediocrity."

Unfortunately, TW isn't - and we are all suffering.

28 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

586 at the game today. How many will bother to turn up in 3 weeks time after that bore fest and after we lose to Livi and if we lose to Peterhead?

There was a change in Wilson's demeanour today.

He was darker, moodier and more scything.    Last week McIntosh saved his hide despite being unjustly dropped.   Today young McIntosh sat on the bench brooding and clearly un happy.

Gorman, who'd looked similar for months really steadied his defence and made the most important contribution to our goal.

Stewart has had the same treatment too.

Mensing seems to be ignoring his manager too.

Doesn't look a happy ship at all. 

We've managed to squeeze past 2 really sh*t teams in the past week and be torn apart by a playoff rival.

The fans aren't buying this "turned a corner" routine.   That will need to be earned the next 2 weeks and hopefully boost the next home crowd.

I'm not one for giving up.  We have good enough players, we should be doing a far better job than we are.  And we should be developing our young players better.

1 minute ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

There was a change in Wilson's demeanour today.

He was darker, moodier and more scything.    Last week McIntosh saved his hide despite being unjustly dropped.   Today young McIntosh sat on the bench brooding and clearly un happy.

Gorman, who'd looked similar for months really steadied his defence and made the most important contribution to our goal.

Stewart has had the same treatment too.

Mensing seems to be ignoring his manager too.

Doesn't look a happy ship at all. 

We've managed to squeeze past 2 really sh*t teams in the past week and be torn apart by a playoff rival.

The fans aren't buying this "turned a corner" routine.   That will need to be earned the next 2 weeks and hopefully boost the next home crowd.

I'm not one for giving up.  We have good enough players, we should be doing a far better job than we are.  And we should be developing our young players better.

And there were no police guards for him. Thought our 3-5-2 was much better and it gave so much more protection. Yes Stenny were not as good as in previous games but maybe that was the reason. We have always said that being hard to beat was our starting point and I reckon 42 points is close to safety but top four still unlikely. Did not watch MW's demeanour today cause a guy behind us talked non stop throughout the game! Take a win any time over brechin fiasco. Thought Hutton made a big difference alongside Conroy but we passed up some great chances. For once we managed to restrict Cook tho' he set up a great chance in the first half. The players looked happy at the end.

48 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

It's bittersweet seeing us win at the moment. Obviously you never want to see your team lose but it only prolongs the stay of these muppets from the radio.

If they are contracted to May as rumoured I don't see either Dalziel or Wilson being kept on. If we got promoted then there jobs would be safe. Regardless if we lost all our games now until the end of the season they won't be shown the door before May.

3 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

And there were no police guards for him. Thought our 3-5-2 was much better and it gave so much more protection. Yes Stenny were not as good as in previous games but maybe that was the reason. We have always said that being hard to beat was our starting point and I reckon 42 points is close to safety but top four still unlikely. Did not watch MW's demeanour today cause a guy behind us talked non stop throughout the game! Take a win any time over brechin fiasco. Thought Hutton made a big difference alongside Conroy but we passed up some great chances. For once we managed to restrict Cook tho' he set up a great chance in the first half. The players looked happy at the end.

Hutton has came on to a game. I wish he would be more confident in front off goal and Hutton i would defiantly want signed for next season.

44 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Hutton has came on to a game. I wish he would be more confident in front off goal and Hutton i would defiantly want signed for next season.

As a loan player probably unwanted at St Mirren. he might be interested in FT offer. I heard the chatty guy behind me say that Willie Gibson is on 425 basic at Stranraer so thts the level we'd have to pay?

Archived