Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

1 hour ago, Cooper81 said:

Well I said we should held on to Jamie Bain, Chris ONeil, Alan Lithgow, Sean Crichton, Jim Lister and Neil Parry and club should have signed them up part time if they couldn't commit to full time. All of the above players are doing reasonably well.

I also said we shouldn't have got rid of McBride if the club had done either of my two comments the club would be in a far better situation.

Any truth in a fan getting told to f..k off.

The reality as fans we will agree and disagree but as fans is anyone happy with how our club is being run. The fans who didn't attend Brechin should feel fortunate. 

You've also contradicted yourself on multiple occasions and talked utter shite for the majority of your P&B career.

Even if you did say these things, a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you believe any of our centre defense are better than Lithgow and Crighton ?
Boatang I actually feel sorry for as when we were losing he was the fall guy when other defenders were just as bad however since he's not been starting games he cannot be blamed.

I would take crighton back no doubt but lithgow???if you think it's alright to sign a mediocre footballer who's a sex pest wire in

Just now, Pesadilla said:

You've also contradicted yourself on multiple occasions and talked utter shite for the majority of your P&B career.

Even if you did say these things, a broken clock is right twice a day.

When did I contradict myself ?

Just now, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

I would take crighton back no doubt but lithgow???if you think it's alright to sign a mediocre footballer who's a sex pest wire in

OK what's your evaluation of our current defense ?

OK what's your evaluation of our current defense ?

Scott Stewart-Never a right back
Shifty-Should be used more as a center back
Mensing -Rank Rotten
Mcgregor-Good young center half
Gorman -Even worse than mensing
The bo-Not as bad as made out to be
McDonald -Same as the Bo

Would take Shifty,mcgregor and the Bo over Lithgow

Scott Stewart-Never a right back
Shifty-Should be used more as a center back
Mensing -Rank Rotten
Mcgregor-Good young center half
Gorman -Even worse than mensing
The bo-Not as bad as made out to be
McDonald -Same as the Bo

Would take Shifty,mcgregor and the Bo over Lithgow

What would you have as back 4 then ??

I actually agree pretty much with everything you said on the current players. Stewart for me is a centre midfielder and McDonald I would like to play left mid but we don't have many options at left back

If all Defenders are fit:

3 at the back

Rohan
Mcintosh Mensing Mcgregor/Bo

Stewart Conroy Hutton McDonald
Leitch

Ryan Russell

Frustrating player is Gorman when we went on a run of good results he looked really good but after that it's like he loses concentration during matches which has proven costly.

Mensing is slow and i didn't expect much from him though against Peterhead I had thought he was very good but since has been poor.

I like a centre midfield of Conroy getting on the ball with Hutton and Stewart stopping the opposition from playing.

McDonald for me wants to get forward more and has plenty of pace so I would play him left midfield and i know he would track back if required.

Brown has to be benched were in a fight we need to defend from the front all the way back to the defense.

Ryan is suspended for Saturdays game. If McKay is not fit I would throw in Robbie Leighton up front with Russell. 

Archived