Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

He was not what we needed at the time but we had a talented young coach who was learning and moving in the right direction and just needed backing and proper support from his superiors.
Sometimes a rose will grow out of the shitheap.  Unfortunately TW pulled up and destroyed the sprouting rose,  turned the soil over and left it abandoned overgrowing with weeds.

For me this is a tad revisionist; it was bad timing given the run he went on but i was glad to see the back of him.

Regret it now right enough. .....

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, with tonight's result effectively marking the end of our season could somebody intelligent post which players are signed up for next season?

Without knowing this I'd keep the following players:

Rohan Ferguson
Sean McIntosh
Scott Stewart
Jordan McGregor (if released by Hamilton)
Adam Brown
Marc Fitzpatrick
Jack Leitch
Ryan Conroy
Andy Ryan ([emoji7])

Plus the handful of youngsters on the periphery of the squad.

We really need Mark Wilson punted ASAP and a new manager in place before the end of the season so we don't f**k up the recruitment like last season. It is imperative we bring in the right players next season. We simply cannot afford to sign up another Boateng and Gorman-esque centre half pairing.

My choice of manager would be Darren Young with Billy Stark as assistant.

Let's have a proper fucking go at it next season.

No excuses [emoji815]️

If that amount of our players were worth keeping we wouldn't be where we are. I'd keep Andy Ryan and chase the rest.

35 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

If that amount of our players were worth keeping we wouldn't be where we are. I'd keep Andy Ryan and chase the rest.

Agree..........its the same every year, fans wanting to hold on to players who collectively have failed. Unfortunately we appear to be stuck with a few duds due to two year contracts.

I wasn't overly upset when McBride went. I thought it was awful timing and said so on twitter. I agree that a few times we were very lucky to get results under him and that the football was fairly poor....but the one thing he had was the players playing for him - especially when they knew he was about to be replaced, 2-3 weeks before he was.

Wasn't impressed when we brought in Wilson, though prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Was utterly incredulous when Dalziel came in, which I feel makes us an utter fucking laughing stock. (though the players are currently out-doing them on that front).

Plenty people on here calling for an experienced manager were the same people who wanted rid of Bollan, the archetypal experienced manager! Do we think Bollan would have us in this position with a full time team? I don't.

I'd still like an experienced manager. I pay absolutely no attention whatsoever to the second rate journo's who write about giving young managers a chance and extolling the virtues of the likes of Ian Cathro, who'll be lucky to see out the season at Hearts. Chris Boyd will be pissing himself every morning reading these clowns who questioned his opinion, an international footballer who played at the highest level in this country, whereas these fuckers have never kicked a ball in anger. These journo's think that they could be a Cathro type - see our Ian King experiment.

People go on about how young this team is....as I've said before there are younger teams in the league who are doing comparatively better given the resource. We've experience all over the park now. No excuses - they're not good enough. I don't buy that we could be challenging Livvy with any combination of players we've had this year. Mensing was pish 10 years ago. Now he's slower and pish. We've not had a single defender this year. The 'keeper is a good shot stopper but has the positional sense of a blind man in a minefield. Our much lauded midfield is non-existent. Conroy and Leitch have their moments but are too often posted missing. Brown is a poor man's luxury player more interested in keeping himself injury free so he continues with his coaching side line.

Let's put it this way - without Andy Ryan we'd already be relegated. Think about that for a moment.

ETA - Whateverthefuck happened to the "development squad"? Seems not so long ago that the U21's were decent now where getting arse raped every week.

I'm not an admirer of Wilson and want to see him gone. However, you refer to him having a go at fans twice. If you are referring to the post on Facebook we should be careful about accepting it as gospel. The first one is fair enough as it was on film for all to see. The second one is only somebody's word and these things have a habit of becoming assumed as fact. There are 2 sides to every story. Before you say I'm an apologist for him, I'm not. I would love to see him sacked but fair's fair.

I wasn't overly upset when McBride went. I thought it was awful timing and said so on twitter. I agree that a few times we were very lucky to get results under him and that the football was fairly poor....but the one thing he had was the players playing for him - especially when they knew he was about to be replaced, 2-3 weeks before he was.
Wasn't impressed when we brought in Wilson, though prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Was utterly incredulous when Dalziel came in, which I feel makes us an utter fucking laughing stock. (though the players are currently out-doing them on that front).
Plenty people on here calling for an experienced manager were the same people who wanted rid of Bollan, the archetypal experienced manager! Do we think Bollan would have us in this position with a full time team? I don't.
I'd still like an experienced manager. I pay absolutely no attention whatsoever to the second rate journo's who write about giving young managers a chance and extolling the virtues of the likes of Ian Cathro, who'll be lucky to see out the season at Hearts. Chris Boyd will be pissing himself every morning reading these clowns who questioned his opinion, an international footballer who played at the highest level in this country, whereas these fuckers have never kicked a ball in anger. These journo's think that they could be a Cathro type - see our Ian King experiment.
People go on about how young this team is....as I've said before there are younger teams in the league who are doing comparatively better given the resource. We've experience all over the park now. No excuses - they're not good enough. I don't buy that we could be challenging Livvy with any combination of players we've had this year. Mensing was pish 10 years ago. Now he's slower and pish. We've not had a single defender this year. The 'keeper is a good shot stopper but has the positional sense of a blind man in a minefield. Our much lauded midfield is non-existent. Conroy and Leitch have their moments but are too often posted missing. Brown is a poor man's luxury player more interested in keeping himself injury free so he continues with his coaching side line.
Let's put it this way - without Andy Ryan we'd already be relegated. Think about that for a moment.
ETA - Whateverthefuck happened to the "development squad"? Seems not so long ago that the U21's were decent now where getting arse raped every week.

Correct. End of discussion.

What should be remembered in all of this is that McBride didn't get the sack for results or performances.

He got the sack because he refused to allow an imbecile who failed in his last job in Glenafton or whatever junior club he was at come on to his training pitch and tell him how the team would play, pick the players and then sit in a studio or be commentating at a Rangers game while he got the abuse at the side of the park for Dalziel team.

Said this at the time and there weren't too many in agreement.

In my opinion McBride was only one to come out if the TW period with any credit

11 hours ago, Pesadilla said:

Was it because McBride took them last seeason?

Agree with most of your post above mate.  I still hate Bollan with a passion but agree we'd be in a lot better position if he was here.  

But then again, we'd be in a better position than we are now if Copper18 and Waysnider took the team.

4 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

Lets not say anything we might regret  :lol:

Well I said we should held on to Jamie Bain, Chris ONeil, Alan Lithgow, Sean Crichton, Jim Lister and Neil Parry and club should have signed them up part time if they couldn't commit to full time. All of the above players are doing reasonably well.

I also said we shouldn't have got rid of McBride if the club had done either of my two comments the club would be in a far better situation.

Any truth in a fan getting told to f..k off.

The reality as fans we will agree and disagree but as fans is anyone happy with how our club is being run. The fans who didn't attend Brechin should feel fortunate. 

Well I said we should held on to Jamie Bain, Chris ONeil, Alan Lithgow, Sean Crichton, Jim Lister and Neil Parry and club should have signed them up part time if they couldn't commit to full time. All of the above players are doing reasonably well.
I also said we shouldn't have got rid of McBride if the club had done either of my two comments the club would be in a far better situation.
The reality as fans we will agree and disagree but as fans is anyone happy with how our club is being run. The fans who didn't attend Brechin should feel fortunate. 

Lithgow?[emoji23][emoji23]behave yourself he's still a donkey at livi

23 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

You have also spouted a load of absolute shite 

Just now, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

You've seen him play against us and Airdrie would make the bo look like maldini

Do you believe any of our centre defense are better than Lithgow and Crighton ?

Boatang I actually feel sorry for as when we were losing he was the fall guy when other defenders were just as bad however since he's not been starting games he cannot be blamed.

Archived