Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard a few things but I wont post them on here.

I have no real news of the "unsigned seven" but I do have some info on three three strikers we're in for and I'm genuinely happy if they all happen.

All young (ish) and all vibrant and have experience. We may have a manager in place too, funny feeling the advertiser guy will have a story this week and next.

We will have a really young team.

That's sounds promising - understandable not posting. We have a few on here that seem to post every jackanory story they hear...

Nothing against Dougy, and I'm sure he will do a fantastic job but I can't understand why we need a Commercial Manager or Chief Marketing Officer. I'm assuming they are paid positions so therefore, I am of the opinion that the money could be better spent on the playing squad. Is that narrow minded of me?

With regards to the statement on McBride, my understanding of it is that Eddie is the manager and will pick the team, but until he makes a full recovery, McBride will take his place on the touch line.

Nothing against Dougy, and I'm sure he will do a fantastic job but I can't understand why we need a Commercial Manager or Chief Marketing Officer. I'm assuming they are paid positions so therefore, I am of the opinion that the money could be better spent on the playing squad. Is that narrow minded of me?

At a guess, he'll be responsible for bringing revenue over and above what get's paid at the turnstile on match day, with the assumption that the money he brings in covers the cost of employing him.

Not sure which revenue streams go to Airdrie and which go to the stadium owners (e.g. trackside advertising, corporate boxes etc.).

Either way, it's not a newly invented role.  Airdrie have had various commercial managers over the years.

As for Chief Marketing Officer .... who knows?  Maybe the team is looking to increase its brand presence in Asia.  Soon you won't be able to walk down a street in Thailand without seeing someone in a diamond.

With regards to the statement on McBride, my understanding of it is that Eddie is the manager and will pick the team, but until he makes a full recovery, McBride will take his place on the touch line.

I'm sure you'll find the blonde is not salaried, her company basically redesigned M+H's appearance - graphics, communications, etc. Dougy will be doing the usual local money raising stuff and no doubt battling the local boys club/juniors for smaller sponsors, etc.

Has anyone confirmed whether the free season tickets for kids will still be supported by the club next year? I know the Trust did a brilliant job in raising the money to fund this the last two years...

I have been told the kit aid and the kids tickets are happening again.

Not a surprising, although perhaps uninspiring choice, to have McBride in charge of the first team until EWB sufficiently recovers (whenever that may be). The regime obviously have full faith in the current management team to see out their plan. I'm not sure I do yet but this is the first season that they will get when they will be able to fully implement their ideas and build up their own squad so have to give them a chance to do that.

Bit disappointed that we didn't just keep Lennon TBH if the plan was to have no major changes (that is if he was happy to stay of course).

Concerned that we haven't heard any news on either Fitzpatrick or Brown. Not a chance either of them should be playing full - time football. I was hoping/expecting they would be on the list of released players last week.

Not a surprising, although perhaps uninspiring choice, to have McBride in charge of the first team until EWB sufficiently recovers (whenever that may be). The regime obviously have full faith in the current management team to see out their plan. I'm not sure I do yet but this is the first season that they will get when they will be able to fully implement their ideas and build up their own squad so have to give them a chance to do that.

Bit disappointed that we didn't just keep Lennon TBH if the plan was to have no major changes (that is if he was happy to stay of course).

Concerned that we haven't heard any news on either Fitzpatrick or Brown. Not a chance either of them should be playing full - time football. I was hoping/expecting they would be on the list of released players last week.

If you are referring to Adam Brown I'm almost certain he will be here next season.

I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he'll be any good either, however is still 20 so time to improve.

If you are referring to Adam Brown I'm almost certain he will be here next season.

I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he'll be any good either, however is still 20 so time to improve.

Archived