Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Possibly, but did someone not say that at least one of the players didn't have a job?

The complete silence leads me to be suspicious that the rumour that the financial terms were so bad that they were rejected by everyone may be true. The club would undoubtedly be anxious to publisise any good news.

Hope I'm wrong.

I suppose. Just one of these things that we need to wait and see what happens and hope for the best!

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I was told 7 players went to see the club about contracts and stormed out based on what was getting offered. I was told fitz and Lithgow were told they were getting deals but when they seen what was getting offered it wasnt to what they were previously told. I was also told Lithgow is the player who doesn't have a 2nd job. Jamie bain apparantly was in dark but was expecting to be offered a deal and wasn't.I was also told ewb asked for the players profiles to be removed from the site who won't be with the club next year but Ann Marie ballantyne told website controller not to as they are still contracted to the club and have spounsours. I can vouch though the person in charge of site isn't Ian king.

The other thing concerns me is tw said he seen ewb as manager after meeting at his work. If you listen to Interview with Ian king on Dunfermline podcast. He said he told tw if he got club in the future he should make ewb manager also tw had been involved with spounsouring Glasgow city before airdrie. Forgive me for being nieve but am I meant to believe ewb was only lined up to be manager after meeting in tw office.Jim ballantyne got stick for not showing ambition but the way I se it he didn't want to commit financial suicide also he kept the club out of the red, I think tw could do with listening to ballayntynes more. Why did Ian king get the gig , I was critical of Jimmy Boyle as a manager however he did great job when in charge of the youth for me he would have been more qualified than king to oversee the club who is a journalist . big question I have what if goes t.ts up after 3 years.

"I was told" = "I read on facebook" presumably?

Be upfront spoke to family member who had been speaking to x Airdrie player and if you look on cue here fb page. Dont you find it concerning were in the dark though as fans , Liam watt fiasco , cox told get contract doesn't, and when fans questioned the club they stopped newsletter for short period of time.

Callum Ayr if I recall a few years ago cozy playing for Annan a think score was 1nil in a cup game at Ayr guess who ran yous ragged COXY get it up you

Aye his career has certainly sky rocketed from there, dumped from Peterhead and Airdrie.

Be upfront spoke to family member who had been speaking to x Airdrie player and if you look on cue here fb page.

Fair enough, but you've misquoted the bit about the website. Eddie asked for the loan players to be taken off because he wanted the squad page to show only players who were available for selection. Nothing to do with them not being here next season.

Fair enough, but you've misquoted the bit about the website. Eddie asked for the loan players to be taken off because he wanted the squad page to show only players who were available for selection. Nothing to do with them not being here next season.

Yeah your correct sorry I did miss quote big enough ugly enough to admit miss quoted.

What I was told 7 players went to see the club about contracts and stormed out based on what was getting offered. I was told fitz and Lithgow were told they were getting deals but when they seen what was getting offered it wasnt to what they were previously told. I was also told Lithgow is the player who doesn't have a 2nd job. Jamie bain apparantly was in dark but was expecting to be offered a deal and wasn't.I was also told ewb asked for the players profiles to be removed from the site who won't be with the club next year but Ann Marie ballantyne told website controller not to as they are still contracted to the club and have spounsours. I can vouch though the person in charge of site isn't Ian king.

He said she said. Same old blah blah.

We have hit a knew low if we're arguing over pictures on the website, the other day it was over the Times the squad would train.

Half the time on here we can't even agree on the colour of shite.

Why do you care about any of this? I'll judge them on what squad we have together by mid-July. What other club releases details of individual contract talks? If players want to go elsewhere and get more money good luck to them, our wages were always going to be peanuts, we're a club trying to go full-time on 700 home fans. I'd be more concerned if we were offering the above players full-time wages that they were desperate to snap up because I'd wonder where on earth the money was coming from and why we were giving it to players who are arguably not good enough. We don't owe anyone a living, the club are obviously offering them what they think their value is, like I said if they want to go elsewhere, best of luck to them.

Why do you care about any of this? I'll judge them on what squad we have together by mid-July. What other club releases details of individual contract talks? If players want to go elsewhere and get more money good luck to them, our wages were always going to be peanuts, we're a club trying to go full-time on 700 home fans. I'd be more concerned if we were offering the above players full-time wages that they were desperate to snap up because I'd wonder where on earth the money was coming from and why we were giving it to players who are arguably not good enough. We don't owe anyone a living, the club are obviously offering them what they think their value is, like I said if they want to go elsewhere, best of luck to them.

Do you honestly think ravenscraig is costing peanuts if Motherwell couldn't afford it ?

Why care ? Because ewb is making decisions but the club are happy making statements on players leaving but won't clarify who is going to be manager next season. Want clarification is ewb manager or not, also am I wrong to expect players to be treated a bit better, going back on word on contracts.

Archived