Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

My opinion there holding on to fitz ,lithgow ,Crichton because if they don't they have fook all at start season ,it's going to be a long wait hold on and enjoy ride .new name airdrie young boys !!!!

I doubt it. Why would they make them a decent offer but not Bain or O'Neill?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think about it ,if not got them who is the spine of team faria 😂😂😂😂

Yes. I have said previously, we will have 2-3 experienced players (including Faria) picking up a decent wage and the rest will be on peanuts.

Been told the players were offered deals which were not very good, also been told and I hope it is not true Scott Stewart away to forfar. What happened to holding on to our best young players ?

Think about it ,if not got them who is the spine of team faria 😂😂😂😂

Apparently been told one thing then other then getting offered a poor deal so unlikely be many players from last year.

Been told the players were offered deals which were not very good, also been told and I hope it is not true Scott Stewart away to forfar. What happened to holding on to our best young players ?

You are 100% bonkers

Who's your source, far to many saying I've been told this and that without any real source. I seem to remember you saying lister and prunty would be offered deals !

The endless stream of "I know an insider", "I was speaking to a coach", "one of the players told me" type hyperbole is getting slightly tedious. Quite simply we will be offering low full time wages, hence the focus on youth. Young guys just getting a start and desperate for full time football will take them. People on Facebook are quoting £350 a week as a likely wage. Thats pants for someone with a mortgage and kids but certainly acceptable to someone in the their early twenties. Its going to play out this way and no amount of gnashing of teeth and bemoaning things are going to change it.

Would not surprise me if no one else signs can you trust board after the way boys have been treated !!

Agreed. A lot of the guys playing at this level all know each other. You just have to look at the Facebook and Twitter pages of some of our squad last season. Do you think for a minute the club will be recommended to potential targets by any outgoing players?

Archived