Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard from a couple player agents that I know, that we're paying about £250 a week, not great money, so wouldn't surprise me if players knock back deals offering that sort of money.

I'm not clever enough to know what Cue Here FB means but seems like a wind up to me. 3 players have already signed on so the money can't be that bad. For 7 players to get offers and knock them back at once seems a bit of a coincidence.

Mind you, if it is true I can't see the club rushing to publish it. They would need to have a think.

It was probably Touchedbymadness trying to get rid of Chrichton, Lithgow and Fitz in one go!

I'm not clever enough to know what Cue Here FB means but seems like a wind up to me. 3 players have already signed on so the money can't be that bad. For 7 players to get offers and knock them back at once seems a bit of a coincidence.

Mind you, if it is true I can't see the club rushing to publish it. They would need to have a think.

It was probably Touchedbymadness trying to get rid of Chrichton, Lithgow and Fitz in one go!

Gary at Cue Here wouldnt let me near his facebook account. I refuse to believe my good friend Kingy, a UEFA B Licence coach, would offer a contract to the 3 stooges. Someone is taking the piss.

Kingy, DaR, please put everyone out of their misery and confirm we're letting the 3 stooges go? Was funny for a while but you've taken this wind up too far now.

When am I getting this asst CEO job anyway?

Absolutely astonished at the number of meltdowns between here and FB, we all knew it was coming. Yes it is a terrible shame that the likes of Prunty, Lister or Bain or whoever your favourite may have been (Esposito?) is now moving on but think we need to at least wait and see who replaces them before we can say it has been a terrible decision. Lets remember that most of these players haven't even been able to help us into the promotion play offs for 3 seasons straight now so a change is obviously required.

ur right about the same players being here for a few seasons, but its how they've been managed the last 6 months. Most games we play 2 strikers(4-4-2) we win. Most games we play 1 striker(4-5-1) we lose with next to no shots at goal. It's not rocket science. So with the players we had this season and how crap it's been look how close we were to playoffs. So big question most of us on here kept asking was, why the hell did we not play 2 strikers in more games, especially after winning down at our neighbours park months ago.

I see Brad McKay is getting released by St Johnstone and isn't fancied by Dunfermline fans.

Young guy with good experience at a higher level. Wonder if he's out of our reach...

He's not as good as BRE, who all Airdrie fans couldn't wait to tell us how poor he was.

ur right about the same players being here for a few seasons, but its how they've been managed the last 6 months. Most games we play 2 strikers(4-4-2) we win. Most games we play 1 striker(4-5-1) we lose with next to no shots at goal. It's not rocket science. So with the players we had this season and how crap it's been look how close we were to playoffs. So big question most of us on here kept asking was, why the hell did we not play 2 strikers in more games, especially after winning down at our neighbours park months ago.

Because TW didn't want us to go up maybe? Even if we made the playoffs but didn't progress he would have had to fork out an extra £5000, £10000 if we got to the final.

On another note, I believe Bain was offered a deal but the money was nowhere near what he would consider to be acceptable. He always came across as a genuine up front kind of guy and he's good friends with Gary from Cue Here so no reason to disbelieve what's been posted on the Cue Here FB page.

My opinion there holding on to fitz ,lithgow ,Crichton because if they don't they have fook all at start season ,it's going to be a long wait hold on and enjoy ride .new name airdrie young boys !!!!

You been sniffing glue again?

Archived